What Ford's 2015 Mustang Could Look Like

Ford's (NYSE: F  ) Mustang has been a hit with muscle car fanatics over the decades and has appeared in thousands of movies, television shows, and games. For that reason we shouldn't be surprised that Ford will be making a splash for the Mustang's 50th birthday next April -- including being a hero car in a Need for Speed movie. Its birthday also coincides with what is shaping up to be the most important redesign in the Mustang's history.

At a time when Ford is going global with its vehicle lineup, the Mustang doesn't attract consumers outside the U.S. -- forcing a drastic and historic design change. Will the redesign be enough to save the iconic muscle car, or will it be the cause of its ultimate demise?

An artist rendering of a 2015 Ford Mustang. Courtesy of TopSpeed.

Our friends over at TopSpeed just released a rendering of what the 2015 could look like based on some spy photos. Chances are that the designers at Ford will make it more aggressive to attract the younger crowd. This is one of the freshest renderings out there and could be close to what the modern Mustang will look like. It's also possible Ford's designers will go more aggressive on the front end, as pictured here

When the redesigned Mustang is finally revealed -- Ford has kept its new look very secretive -- it will be a night-and-day difference from the retro style we see today. Ford is targeting a different and younger Generation-Y consumer, as well as a fuel-conscious international consumer, and is said to based on the Evos concept vehicle.

Many Mustang owners have expressed their displeasure after viewing the Evos concept, but Ford has been delivering hit after hit with its vehicle designs based on the concept in recent years -- this should be no different. Ford needs the 2015 redesign to hit its mark and revive the slipping Mustang sales.

2013 is projected from sales through May. Information from Automotive News DataCenter.

2015 Mustang specs
Fans of the front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout have nothing to fear, as that will remain. Die-hard mustang enthusiasts will cheer as they have long awaited to see the Mustang get its independent rear suspension, which the Camaro and Challenger already have.

What's intriguing about the redesigned pony car will be its engine options. Ford's EcoBoost engines have been selling extremely well in other models and according to Car and Driver, a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder will also be available in the U.S. for the younger consumers who are more interested in fuel efficiency than in raw horsepower. That sound you just heard was Mustang enthusiasts throwing their keyboards out the window at the idea of a Mustang with an EcoBoost engine.

Fortunately for those who just lost their keyboards, they'll be happy to know the standard 3.7 liter V-6 and 5.0 liter V-8 will of course still be available for us power-hungry consumers. For the Mustang to gain global popularity and rebound from years of declining sales, as well it should, the EcoBoost will be absolutely key to selling in Europe and China.

Bottom line
You saw the sales decline the Mustang has suffered through, and this redesign will be make-or-break for the iconic muscle car's future. General Motors' (NYSE: GM  ) Chevy Camaro has outsold the Mustang the past three years and is on pace to continue that trend in 2013. Last year the Mustang sold just under 83,000 models, which was only the eighth best model in Ford's lineup. Its sales haven't broken 100,000 vehicles since 2007, and the trend isn't going to reverse unless the new design retains die-hard fans and attracts younger consumers.

Its next-generation Mustang is an even bigger deal for Ford and its investors, because it represents more to the company than just 83,000 in sales. It's a halo vehicle, an iconic car for Ford's brand image and advertisement in the media. When consumers think of getting the most muscle for their buck, the Mustang comes to mind immediately.

The Mustang driver in me cringes at the idea of what the redesigned muscle car would look like to sell overseas, as Ford is planning. As an investor, I cringe at the idea that Ford could flop with its design and alienate its die-hard fans in the U.S., as well as swinging and missing with global ambitions. The risk and reward are huge, and if Ford can make this new style a hit here in the U.S. as well as in Europe and China, we could be witnessing the rebirth of the Mustang into one of Ford's most popular and profitable vehicles.

One thing is for sure: The Mustang's 50th birthday is going to be one heck of a show. I expect the new design to be unveiled then, and I can't wait to officially see it. Ford designers, consumers, and investors are all hoping it's a smash hit -- and with Ford's track record recently, I bet it will be.

Love cars? Love making money? Investing in automakers could lead to big profits going forward. A recent Motley Fool report, "2 Automakers to Buy for a Surging Chinese Market", names two global giants poised to reap big gains that could drive big rewards for investors. You can read this report right now for free – just click here for instant access.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:30 AM, hmsthehood wrote:

LOL! Like a Ford Fusion!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:31 AM, fuse88 wrote:

It looks like a cross between the new bmw m6 and aston martin...personally I don't like it..

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:31 AM, TMFTwoCoins wrote:

Did you see the other link as well? The more aggressive front end looks pretty good, but I think everyone is pretty clueless since Ford is keeping it under such secretive wraps.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:39 AM, guysisson wrote:

You can bet it will look great and also be an awesome car. Ford is definitely building the best cars on the road today.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:50 AM, gwi42 wrote:

I am not a fan of these Retro looking mustang cars. This 2015 model looks more like a ford fusion coupe and its ugly.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:52 AM, josh995 wrote:

If it looks like that... I WILL be buying. I'm in the market for a new car.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:04 AM, markdrums wrote:

looks like a CamaroStang! I work for Ford. They got the front right but lost their thought on the back.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:12 AM, ABN2nds wrote:

Looks like a Fusion coupe. Nice car, but it's NOT a Mustang!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:25 AM, DarthRandall wrote:

I am not a fan of the current Mustang's front end - I loved the retro 2005 and I still own my 2004 - but the 2008-09 re-tool is not pretty. I will stand in line, money in hand, if the 2015 looks like the picture. That is a beautiful car.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:35 AM, jeffe1966 wrote:

It looks like what would happen if a Mustang mated with a Scion TC.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:38 AM, bottomtime72 wrote:

My first car was a used original edition Mustang and I'm looking forward to the 50th anniversary edition - it will be my last newly bought car. I love Ford and I want this to be a truly hot muscle car in the Ford tradition. While I like the Fusion the Mustang shouldn't look like one. The red one shown is more like like a Mustang but I'm still hoping Ford will improve on it keeping America in mind and not just Europe.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:40 AM, tloislane007 wrote:

Wow, Ford does some stupid things and this is one of them. Why fix what was not broke? I was going to be buying a mustang. Looks like I will be buying a Dodge now.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:40 AM, Goatburger wrote:

I think the so-called re-design in this rendering is pretty dead on to whats comming and its a disappointment. Ift looks more like another facelift than a true all new redesign, chassis on up. The current car is too big too tall fat and stubby. Its hood hieght it way to high and it really doesnt have e signature long hood everyone act like it has. The mustang needs to be lower sleeker curvier and look less like its siblings. I love car and drivers illustration, aston like? Well whatkinda moaron would want there car to look like that? Really its like saying i wouldnt want my wife to look like halle berry. If the car really looks like this rendering proportionatly than i wouldnt be suprise to see mustang sales continue to slump shorty after its release, Ford gota stop with the nuetral no frills designs!!!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:41 AM, foxbody89 wrote:

Disgrace to the best muscle car ever built. Ford needs to reconsider this ugly idea.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:41 AM, readfederallist wrote:

give us a V6 Formula One engine

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:43 AM, dagedoty wrote:

I'm not sure that retiring the mustang and creating the Ford Fustang is a good idea.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:43 AM, sfelsted wrote:

Ford is losing the Mustang again! Will these guys ever get it. The current Mustang is the worst of the latest iteration. I have been a Mustang/Ford fan since owning my 1956 Ford. Here is what should have been done:

2005 to 2012 - Updates on the 64-66 Stang

2013 to 2020 - Updates on the 67-68 Stang

2021 to 2028 - Updates on the 69-70 Stang (Leaving the 1970 hash mark headlights OUT.) The hash marks were ugly and the first downturn---of course they showed up in the 2013 with rounded yucky lines and what is with that rear end???

Ford could have had about 21 years of Mustang revival....but they burned it out in 2013. If they go with the two seater design or the Fusion design, it is over.

Heck any little kid can spot an old Mustangs or the new Mustangs. If they change it too much - Good Bye! Ford needs to take styling cues from the after market add-ons that people buy to make the new Stang look old. Put some of us old guys in the design studio, and we will show you what to do.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Goatburger wrote:

And as for the 'dont change' people out there, they simply dont pay attention to sales numbers and what it means. If you sell a car whos sales are slumping chances its obvious people are finding a better something somewhere else. No change means you kill the brand!! The current stang has been in the works since 2005!!! Witha few facelifs along the way, todays 2013 car is the same car!! And its old!! We gota 600hp+ stang that performs well but with its wieght poor drag co-ef and height its performancr is hindered in the ways as later models. Its great the LRA is finally gone! Sure ford sorted it out but saleen and roush did that many years ago. Thats why there versions were far better, but now its about real competition, cars with far less power yet achieving far far more. Sticking in the past is the best way to get left behind.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:53 AM, afig367 wrote:

I think it looks pretty good. Nice, European-inspired lines...... it's actually very similar to the Audi S5 / RS5.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:05 PM, VOLCANOPUKER wrote:

Another junk "article" put out by the revamped for marketing profits Motley Fool. Motley Fool quality sure went down; this article is poorly researched. Nice chart - usually you want a chart that supports what you write. What happened to the old Motley Fool where research was valued with perspective and context? Is it in the "free report"? Goodbye Motley Fool, Hello Morningstar premium.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:10 PM, normgarry wrote:

Looks like a Fusion Coupe - which would be awesome.

An Aston-Fusion.

But that's no Mustang.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:12 PM, luger12 wrote:

The reason sales are down is because price is up ! In this economy most people can not afford a new car and if they can it's because they are willing to commute a long distance for work therefore they need an extremely fuel efficient car like the Ford Fusion. The present Ford Mustang Design is Fabulous, the 2015 model UGH ! I would not pay half the 2013 price for that generic looking body style . The 2013 Mustang turns heads because the original 1968 body style still rocks. xoxo

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:13 PM, suezb02 wrote:

We have 2 1966 Mustangs for a reason. We love them. I don't know that I have seen a make of car change so many times over the years. These days cars all look the same and that is what they would be doing with this style of Mustang. They need to make them look HOT and Fierce! Not an everyday car. Next they will want to make them with 4 doors.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:21 PM, rafflyr wrote:

Looks like a good car for Grandma and Grandpa's sporty retirement car; or maybe a gift for a graduating debutant. I have owned 3 mustangs; the last was 2006. "I would not buy this as a mustang. Call it a Fusion Coupe and sell it to girls., or a Falcon and sell it to old men" That's it Ford: you now have designed yet another retired Bank teller/Teacher car!

The problem is; I don't believe the pay for these women have increased enough for them to afford a new one. Ford, you've been here before the last time you tried to kill the Mustang in the 70s. "Have you learned nothing?. Dummies!"

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:27 PM, powers009 wrote:

It could be said that I am the biggest Mustang fan Ford could have. BUT let me say this if this is the concept that Ford has come up with for the 2015 Mustang then I have to say I HATE it. This is awful. How about a novel idea leave the Mustang alone. Tweak it here and there but it is hard to improve upon perfection. Don't do what Chevrolet did to Camaro keep it a Mustang.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:28 PM, FordRules wrote:

A Mustang is supposed to look like a Mustang. Not like a sporty coupe version of the rest of Ford's model line. The original mid-'60s 'Stangs survived all the naysayers sneering that they were nothing but glorified Falcons. Because they had that Mustang look. Even the "Mustang II", which was a Pinto under the skin, still looked like a Mustang.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:41 PM, Vintageiron wrote:

I now have another reason to love the new Challenger. The new Camaro looks to be grinning, and that makes complete sense, as they (GM) have pulled one over on all of us. The nose was done wrong, the rear lights are way wrong. Fomoco has continued to move away from what true Stang people liked about the car. You can build awesome power as well as economy into a car, without ruination of an icon. Get rid of these new, young, computer geeks drawing cars on their laptops, and bring back folks who know what a muscle car can be.

I don't want to see a close copy of an Aston, or a cross between the Fusion x Taurus x (and if you look close, that rear fender looks a lot like a Camaro). Nuf Said?

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:48 PM, sirknightgary wrote:

I love my first 2012 Ford Escape,Over the years I have bought 6 F-150 pickups and 2 Rangers.I am 67 year old yesterday.I buy a new Ford every 3 years.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:52 PM, GhettoSleigh wrote:

G37 with some ponies under the hood! I like it but it looks much like the Hyundai's and Infiniti's of the last 5 years. Ford has made some great strides in styling in the last few years and I think they are on the right track.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Bullitt2000 wrote:

The real issue here is the cost of a Mustang. At 35,000 for a Base GT up to 60,000 no wonder they are losing market shares

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 1:00 PM, chelbelle64 wrote:

NO!!!! Ford are you out of your collective minds? The Mustang is a classic you can not make it look like a fusion! The drop in sales is due to the economic crash. Didn't your financial people inform everyone about that? I know Ford did not take the government bail out and I commend you on it. However, your engineers need to pull their heads out of their asses and leave the Mustang alone. Its one of the last muscle cars there is and it needs to stay that way. Making it look like a Fusion takes all the fun out of driving an American Icon!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 1:01 PM, topless65gt wrote:

go back to the drawing board.

get a wall sized poster of a 65 and stare for days.

then get creative AND ADD CHARACTER TO YOUR CREATION!

i miss the days when cars had personality.

yes, WINGS AND ALL!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 1:16 PM, bgirl869 wrote:

Not a bad looking car, but personally, I'd like to see Ford add a hard top convertible to it's line up. And a bad azz coupe other than the Mustang.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 1:39 PM, brenda236 wrote:

bring back the '65 mustang

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Katieboots1968 wrote:

I'm not a loyal fan of any one brand, whoever has the the design & features I want at that particular time is who I go with,,,,and I would buy either the white one pictured here or the red one in the link, preferably the red one!

Having said that I don't think either look like a Mustang and agree the white one especially looks like a Fusion coupe, so I can see why the die hards are upset. But (and I say this with no malice) like it or not, at this point in time there are more consumers like me as opposed to the die hards, and Ford is in business to make money! Just my 2cents....

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 2:11 PM, philipe14 wrote:

Let's keep in mind that the original Mustang was a car for everyone, not a muscle car. High school teachers, college professors, their students, the local church secretary, the doctor, the plumber, the bank president, and factory line worker, everybody wanted and could afford a Mustang, and it worked. It "grew up" in order to meet consumer demand. In today's marketplace, those consumers are all over the world, not just the USA, so design changes must meet that demand in order for Mustang to survive. The car has long since been priced out of the "everybody can afford one" demographic. That being said, for me the signature look must include the front-end cowling with that empty black space and the mustang logo, the indented body side panels, and something resembling the rear tail-light arrangement. Back in the day, you could identify all kinds of cars at night just from their tail-lights.

Coming or going, you know it's a Mustang, get it?

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 2:26 PM, Rickman2k wrote:

if that's a 2015, keep it ! It's a step backward from the one they had going good

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 2:38 PM, darkridedp wrote:

Funny no one noticed that the valleys in the sales chart correspond with the release of successively uglier body styles. Since 2000 they have looked like a 16 year old with a pair of tin snips cobbled it together in their back yard. Slabby, fat, flat panels that don't have any finesse or implication of speed or aerodynamics. They look like origami! No, actually they're as ugly as the reborn Thunderbird, and we all know how that turned out. The rebirth in '94 with the "Schwartzenegger" body was the last style that harkened back to the '60s. Putting tri-light tail lights on a car does not a Mustang make.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 2:41 PM, Rolland wrote:

It does look like a Fusion or Aston Martin but where else did you expect them to go with this. It ain't no Camaro! Good luck Ford you may need it. We GM people are off with our bailout money on vacation!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 2:45 PM, taug99 wrote:

I have had many hot rods thru the years, but never a Mustang. In the summer of 2010, I was supposed to GROW UP and buy an suv. I almost did. I bought a, just out 2011 Premium GT.

AN AWSOME CAR. There is not one thing I am not happy with. From the look, to the interior, to the handling, the motor is unbelievable.

A GREAT, GREAT CAR,,,,,,FORD.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 3:10 PM, falcon367 wrote:

This is what happens when you try to appease the general population and make something that appeals to the masses - Vanilla ... why not buy an Accord or Altima Coupe? Yes, this rendering looks like a Fusion coupe. :(

The problem for us car guys/gals is, the masses were not around in 1965, so they don't understand nor care about the Mustang heritage. And no bean counter sitting in Dearborn cares about what transpired in 1965 either.

What matters is Ford's viability in the World market and that my friends is what this all comes down to. If Ford does not hit a home run with their entire lineup of vehicles, it's another nail in the FOMOCO coffin. Do you see any new Mercury's around? No ... Well, Lincoln will be next by the wayside IMO.

Sadly, the numbers don't lie. Rough economy or not, you cannot ignore the fact that Mustang is pulling up the sales rear behind all the competition. That should be a sobering tale for anyone taking notes. Let's face it, the competition is better. The present Mustang's engineering is severely dated. It's too big, too heavy and lacks refinement.

Ford is trying to build a Mustang for the masses ... that means young and old, US, European and it appears Australian markets since they announced last week that they are stopping production there as well (goodbye Falcon).

Here's what we can hope for ... a base model sporty car with good mileage that a young girl/guy out of college will buy to commute to work. One that also is offered in 4-5 additional models so you can opt for upgrades including what is to be rumored as the new Mach I (2 year run like the Boss).

Unfortunately Ford will not design something that appeals to everyone. God knows that the rendering above does nothing for me and I've owned 12 Mustangs in my day. However, my hope (crossing fingers) is that the Car & Driver rendering is an upgraded model packed with some excitement. Whether that comes from NA or Ecoboost, I don't care ... just make it competitive.

If they make a great car, people will buy them.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 3:23 PM, popeye1250 wrote:

The big problem for the car companies in the US is that their prices are so far beyond "affordability" for many, many people because of this "globalism" and "free-trade" which as *everyone* now knows is code for "outsourcing" of any good paying job.

People who make $40-$50 an hour buy houses, cars, furniture, appliances, take vacations etc. All of that is good for the economy!

People who make $15 an hour (subsistance level) don't buy much of anything beyond pay their rent and buy food. They don't hire accountants, lawyers, stockbrokers.

There are *too many* people in the U.S. making $15 an hour.

We need to be a manufacturing country again! Then we'd see a much differant graph for Ford Mustang sales.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 4:26 PM, sarcipiouse wrote:

Wanna know how to make a mustang fast..........Put the emblem on a chevy!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 4:43 PM, Proab wrote:

Ford topics are getting as frequent as Kim kardashian. Ford is ford. You can put a tux on a t...d but ut's still a t..d

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Alericc wrote:

Ford never learns. They finally start to make the market back with the new GT remodel and now they are gutting the Mustang again and making it look like all the other 4 cyclinder cars on the market. Way to go geniuses.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 5:23 PM, mustanger4me wrote:

The formula for success is simple and has always been the same. It has to look good. It has to perform good. It has to have a low price. Take a look at the v6 camaro & v6 challenger they look like their v8 counterparts. They perform rather well for v6s, better than previous v8s. Pricing is rather low but could be lower. I was looking at a v6 camaro recently. It looks just like a v8 minus fog lights but had some cheap but ok looking steel rims. It sells for $22k. Not bad. Here's how Ford & mustang can beat the competition. #1 It has to look good & no water down cheap looking v6 versions, make it standard. The current v6 performs pretty good but by todays standards it needs better mpg. 31hwy is a long shot but possible at 55mph no ac. the new mustang needs to touch 35-40mpg. A stripped out mustang v6 is about $24k. It needs 19inch rims standard. A lip spoiler standard. No more dinky 16inch rims & no spoiler look. A mustang v6 with performance package looks pretty good but that starts at $30k. To high.#2 It has perform & be a modern mustang. Higher mpgs & quicker 1/4 mile times. #3 It has to be priced right. No dealer add ons or markups. Base v6 $18k Top of the line $25k. Base v8 $25k fully loaded $30k. They will sell in droves. Better car for lower price always equals a winner. It has to be priced significantly lower than a camaro or challenger. By thousands not hundreds. That is how you beat the competition & have consistent sales. And we don't need 10 different model trims of the same car. Car companies today try to add prestige to their vehicles by raising prices to make a car seem like a expensive ordeal. Make a good car & sell it at a low price. It they all cost the same & perform the same what's the incentive to get one over the other.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 6:39 PM, CowboyBob251 wrote:

I am a die-hard Mustang fan and like the new look from the front. The current model, while the retro styling has been nice in its own way, but now the front end comes across to me as clunky and badly in need of a facelift. What has really been uglied up with the current model is the inset rear lights. So we will see what goes on there for the 2015 version.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 7:18 PM, gmvte1 wrote:

Maybe you should just quit making the mustang instead!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 9:41 PM, stanggirl2004 wrote:

I will sum it up in one word "UGLY"!!!!

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 9:58 PM, robdriver60 wrote:

its sleek, its curvy, its beautiful not unlike a jag, leopard but more like a cheeta cuz there aint no muscle on this car, cant even put glass packs or cherry bombs on it. Maybe this will go the way of the t bird remake, but this time for sure they know what went wrong with that. dont they? all they need to do is to put a Pinto dash in the new mustang and it will be the a hit.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 10:17 PM, Intrepid68OR wrote:

First glance at the front end, and I thought it was a Dodge Charger. For the mustang, that would, I believe, be a death knell.

• Report this Comment On June 29, 2013, at 11:00 PM, SD13SHO wrote:

First, there is a lot of wasted space with commenst directed at the "artist conception" . No one know what the new car will look like. So, get over it. The "drawing" with this article does not represent the new car. Next, to say, in the article, the Mustang does not attract buyers world wide is idiotic. There are Mustang clubs all over the world. And, yes, I have lived in the Far East and Europe, and in fact sold my Mustang Cobra before leaving Germany. Ford does not sell the Mustang overseas, but they are imported by grey market dealers and individuals. Check out a Mustang forum and you will find members from all over, not just the U.S. The Feds should be able to keep secrets as well as Ford has kept the Mustang revamp secret!

• Report this Comment On June 30, 2013, at 12:34 AM, hisham1965 wrote:

I dislike it at all doesnt looks as real ford mustang .

i prefer to keep my cross tour.

• Report this Comment On June 30, 2013, at 7:27 AM, zulu1234 wrote:

ford has forgotten the PROBE it was also a mustang replacement. a fine car but a failure .front drive indepentent suspension. people that can afford to buy a mustage. whith no insentives. and a 30 plus price tag are far and few. the problem wasnot the car but the marketing. we tried to by one a few times and were told we dont gice insentives on the mustang.we pais 18000 for a 2005 mustang and were pissed when they wanted 32thousand for the same car in 2008. no wounder the sales are down.this was a standersdmustang gt.

• Report this Comment On June 30, 2013, at 11:42 AM, egpoet wrote:

NOOOO!!!!!! It looks like a squashed up version of a Buick Riviera. Give me a Break!. Why can't Ford get the idea that the Muscle Car is American not European. They have ruined the look of their line and I guess they will find that out soon enough. This is exactly the reason why I will not be buying any more Ford products and I have a 2006 Mustang that I absolutely love.

• Report this Comment On June 30, 2013, at 1:11 PM, luckyagain wrote:

Big American pony cars have never sold very well outside of the US. Nothing will change.

• Report this Comment On July 07, 2013, at 12:45 AM, jmarcus788 wrote:

Please Ford, keep the current gen body shape, trim it down a little in weight and size, keep the current headlights, but put the new grill shape on and do a slight tweaking of the tail light style, and use the independent rear plus a moderate dash redsesign and you've got a fresher, lighter, more modern Mustang that keeps it looking like the Mustang we all love. Please don't give us a Fusion look alike. Call it a Probe or a Thunderbird, but don't ruin the good Mustang name.

• Report this Comment On July 11, 2013, at 1:41 PM, kobralink wrote:

The retro design was good while it lasted; I personally have an 05 GT myself. However it is time to move on, the only way the mustang will improve is to evolved and not be limited by the retro style. I’m pretty sure they will still make it look like a Mustang but more modern, sophisticated, and perhaps more powerful.

• Report this Comment On July 29, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Porsche91111 wrote:

The showcase of what they believe the 2015 mustang will look like is great. They will sell a record amount with its new look...They are targeting the majority of people that want a sporty car and this car is definitely it. It looks like an aston martin and a fusion and frankly both are attractive. This will be a success I dont know why you all are complaining and claiming its ugly.

• Report this Comment On July 29, 2013, at 9:37 PM, stangiskool wrote:

UGH!!!you guys are idiots! that's not what the new mustang looks like! that is just some dumb fan-art

• Report this Comment On July 29, 2013, at 9:59 PM, stangiskool wrote:

the new mustang wont be released until next year. ford isn't like Chevrolet, they don't release photos of their cars two years before they put it on the market, btw the new mustang will look nearly identical to the ford evos concept.

• Report this Comment On August 13, 2013, at 8:00 AM, GrAffW wrote:

It's funny, not one mention of the 79 to 93 Fox Body style. Yet, they didn't Look like the previous Mustangs, didn't Look like a Mustang Period and it was Ford's most popular style and still today sought after....How do you explain that old timers?