9 Staggering Direct and Indirect Costs of Obamacare

There are now just six weeks left before state-run insurance exchanges are expected to be open for business as mandated under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare. The readiness of the technological and educational aspects of this bill, as well as its benefits and risks, remain an ongoing and hotly contested topic. But what isn't debatable is that the costs of implementing and maintaining this bill are going to be staggering.

The following slideshow goes through some of these varying costs: from the general costs to you, the taxpayers, and the U.S. government, to the broader costs to health-benefit providers such as WellPoint (NYSE: WLP  ) , CIGNA (NYSE: CI  ) , and Aetna (NYSE: AET  ) , medical-device makers such as Medtronic (NYSE: MDT  ) , and even the jobs market in general.

If you have more questions about how Obamacare might affect you and your portfolio, then allow me to suggest The Motley Fool's special free report, "Everything You Need to Know About Obamacare," which takes a 360-degree look at how the law may affect your taxes, health insurance, and investments. Click here to grab your free copy today.


Read/Post Comments (42) | Recommend This Article (18)

Comments from our Foolish Readers

Help us keep this a respectfully Foolish area! This is a place for our readers to discuss, debate, and learn more about the Foolish investing topic you read about above. Help us keep it clean and safe. If you believe a comment is abusive or otherwise violates our Fool's Rules, please report it via the Report this Comment Report this Comment icon found on every comment.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:38 PM, strifle wrote:

    Yeah we know. Everything costs. Even The Motley Fool makes money.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:49 PM, globeflyer wrote:

    Are you trying to say that Obamacare will cost more than they promised, deliver less than they promised, and won't cover as many as promised???? I don't believe it.......stunned.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:01 PM, SLTom992 wrote:

    If you think for a minute that Obama-care is going to work why are they delaying many of it's features and hoping for a super Liberal victory in the mid-term elections?

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:06 PM, mathisje wrote:

    The article is garbage. Check picks data, leaves out everything that would give a balanced view, and the numbers are wrong. Check www.cbo.gov/publication/44176

    Did he mention to tax credits for payers and businesses to offest costs or that most lower income are exempt? How about noting that the overwhelming portion of the cost increase is setting up exchanges for states that refuse to do it themselves? How about the cost savings to states and hospitals now covering treatement for the uninsured?

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:16 PM, joyfulone59 wrote:

    Oh please would some one pass me a Kleenex.. WellPoint (NYSE: WLP ) , CIGNA (NYSE: CI ) , and Aetna (NYSE: AET ) , medical-device makers such as Medtronic (NYSE: MDT ) , and even the jobs market in general are going to see their stock prices go down. I am all broken up. There are two things wrong with the Affordable Care Act. 1. Private health insurance companies are still involved and 2. Once the bill passed it should have gone in to affect immediately. If anyone out there with one brain cell left thinks that the PH insurance companies operate as a free market industry has no remaining brain cells left. They compete to RAISE prices and deny care. My parents were in the Army and stationed in Korea when they met. After they got out, my Mother stayed with the VA system but my Dad didn't. He worked for Transamerica for 27 years and had Blue Cross for insurance. Never ONCE during that time did he submit a claim except when he found out he had a rare form of Lymphoma. I was living in Hawaii at the time and he called me and said that Blue Cross would not cover the doctor he wanted to see or the chemo that was needed to cure him. I was so mad I could have swam back to California. I packed my stuff and was home in a week. My Dad and I hired an attorney and all 3 of us walked in to Blue Cross. Long story short, my Dad won and got to see the doc he wanted and get the medication he needed. He lived 8 more years. The only reason that went down that way is my Dad had enough money for an attorney and a daughter that wouldn't give up the fight. That is rare, most people just give up and die. Now for my Mom. She has had numerous health issues, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart problems. Never once was she denied care from the VA system and her medications were delivered to her door. Oh, btw, the VA healthcare system is government run. So, what do you want? A private health insurance company or the government to come between you and your heath care. The answer to me is a no brainer. No one protests that we spent over a Trillion dollars on a couple of needless wars that to finance we borrowed from China plus interest. But to pay our tax dollars to make sure everyone has healthcare. All the Christians out there say, Oh, hell no! I feel like I am from a different planet. No industrialized country on planet earth says, Gee, the US has their stuff together, we should run our health care system like they do. Let us for the love of God pull our heads out!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:16 PM, woodturner1946 wrote:

    Golly folks..we have to pass the bill to see what's in it!.....Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:38 PM, lugnut45 wrote:

    All the organizations, private insurance comapanies and medical institutions you mentioned have a vested interest in shutting down Obamacare. Therefore as expected, this article leaves out all things in Obamacare that offset the cost. Why do that, why omit, if your argument is to have any credibility? The question should be, if they thought Obamacare wouldn't work, why are these organizations using lies and omissions to make it's case? Place the things you omitted into your argument and you want have an argument at all.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:42 PM, buzman wrote:

    Now the Fool repeats Fox News talking points.

    For the last two years Humana has sent us rebates per Affordable Care Act. Your article omitted the ACA provision requiring insurance companies had to spend 80% of their income on claims or rebate premiums.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:43 PM, showbuilder wrote:

    Obamacare was sold as being "not a tax" according to its backers. It got past the Supreme because the attorneys defending it claimed (among other things) that it was Constitutional because Congress has the power to tax. That means the supporters of this law were lying (imagine that!) to the American public either before or after it was passed "so we could see what it was". Thank you, Nancy Pelosi, for that priceless bit of wisdom.

    Now, all the Congressional staffers we were told were going to fall under the jurisdiction of this law are getting exempted from it because it was going to make their health care costs go up and we can't have that now, can we? If it's good enough for Mr. Average Citizen, then it should be good enough for Congress, its staff and all the IRS employees that are trying so hard to be sheltered from this toxic mess. Congress, if you fund it, you own it. Good luck in the real job market when you lose your next election!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:44 PM, JePonce wrote:

    Obama has committed high crimes and misdemeanors against the citizens of the United States.

    He should be impeached and stand trial for his actions against the people and against the Constitution, which is the Supreme Law of the Land.

    Repeal it now!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:45 PM, samonetaz wrote:

    So Motley Fool has jumped onto the defund Obamacare propaganda bandwagon. Why would you debase yourselves like this? It does call into question your objectivity AND your credibility. Investment decisions require objectivity and have little to do with such biased unscientific partisan claptrap. All I can gain from this article is suggestions on what NOT to invest in - not helpful. A balanced and more positive perspective would instead give we investors something on which to base future investment decisions in the healthcare sector. Try again guys.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:50 PM, lugnut45 wrote:

    Your article omitted the fact that under Obamacare, it requires private insurance companies to pay 80% of the actual cost towards actual care and to refund the cost if they doesn't? It also omits the fact that the cost for the poor will be offset in some cases and covered by medicaid in the rest. Tell you what, why don't you mention states governed by republican majorities and governor refusing and obstructing the implementation of medicaid that would answer your criticism of the cost? The desperation if obvious as we draw closer to the Oct 1st 2013 implementation.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:07 PM, lugnut45 wrote:

    Obamacare passed under reconciliation and it was able to use reconciliation, because of the budget stipulated clause in reconciliation, not so much as a tax bill. Don't blame Obama and the Democrats for getting around history making obstruction by republicans. Did it ever occur to those against Obamacare, if not for republican obstruction, it wouldn't have been necessary to pass ACA under a budget requirement clause in reconciliation? So blame republicans for any tax language in Obamacare. For if it hadn't been forced on the Democrats to do so, the supreme court wouldn't have had a basis to find it constitutional. Taxes is a very small part of ACA, but enough to make the law constitutional. And President Obama and the Democrats had a right to go that direction under LAW.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:09 PM, MrsHeather wrote:

    WOW, didn't realize the GOP bought the Motley Fool. Guess I don't need to read you guys' articles anymore, since according to you all people like me should just hurry up and die. Nice.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Lawless6373 wrote:

    Per Mathisje, "The article is garbage. Check picks data, leaves out everything that would give a balanced view, and the numbers are wrong. Check"

    I checked and the link provided gives the very same numbers except in a line graph. Sorry that the reader can't understand it. It is possible that the bar graph threw him off.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:23 PM, alcesbison wrote:

    What ever the flaws are can be fixed. For all the cries of what a "train wrecjk" Obamacare will be, not a single constructive fix is being offered by republicans. NOT ONE! Here's the republicans problem. Everyone knows that they want Obamacare to fail. They want to be able to say "I told you so." Independent voters will NOT punish democrats for the problems with Obamacare. They will punish republicans. Why? Because republicans have had four years to propose an alternative. But they don't have one!!! Onward!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:24 PM, crdcraig wrote:

    Unless factored in what the increase would have been WITHOUT O-care, all these comparisons are useless. American healthcare was a trainwreck BEFORE the ACA. It's a start at repair, equal treatment, and justice found in every other civilized nation. Look again.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:33 PM, doco177 wrote:

    Google.... "Obamacare Flowchart" at Intellectual Takeout .... to see a visual representation of the corrupt mess this really is

    1. Millions are losing the insurance Obama promised they could keep. Because ObamaCare forces employers to offer expensive Cadillac plans but also offers the option of paying a fine for not providing health insurance that can be cheaper than providing it, between seven and twenty million Americans are likely to lose their health insurance coverage according to the Congressional Budget Office. The original estimate was closer to four million.

    2. The cost of healthcare premiums is about to further skyrocket. Premium costs have already exploded, but that is a slow-motion explosion. In the near future, we could see costs double or worse. Naturally, these costs will hit an already burdened middle class hardest.

    3. Lost jobs. Lost jobs.

    The Federal Reserve's March beige book on economic activity noted that businesses "cited the unknown effects of the Affordable Care Act as reasons for planned layoffs and reluctance to hire more staff."

    Consulting firm Adecco found that half of the small businesses it surveyed in January either plan to cut their workforce, not hire new workers, or shift to part-time or temporary help because of ObamaCare.

    4. Doctor shortages that will mean rationing: The healthcare industry is already a bureaucratic quagmire. ObamaCare is about to add steroids. As the profession becomes tyrannized by government, the talented people currently practicing medicine plan to get out sooner than expected. Who knows how many will choose not to get in. Doctor shortages are what lead to the nightmare known as rationed care.

    5. Somewhere around $800 billion in tax increases will hit America's middle class. This added burden will not only further oppress a middle class already reeling from a drop in wages over the last few years, but could damage the overall economy.

    6. Inflation, the cruelest tax on the poor. When businesses get socked with added costs brought about by higher taxes and burdensome government mandates, they pass those cost along to the consumer in the form of higher prices.

    7. Added bureaucracy. Even those Obama lapdogs over at the Washington Post's Wonk Blog are admitting that applying for health care is about to get more burdensome than the byzantine paperwork involved in buying a home.

    8. To cut costs or to avoid having to provide insurance, workers on the economic margins are already losing hours, which means a lower paycheck. There are a million sad stories in ObamaVille; here are just a few of them.

    9. ObamaCare is projected to add $6.2 TRILLION to a deficit the GAO has already declared "unsustainable." That's "trillion" with a "t".

    10. More taxes than currently estimated are likely to hit because of situations like this one.

    11.Muslims, Amish, Native Americans, Congress are exempt from mandate and penalties under Obamacare that the rest of us have to pay.

    Three years ago, Obama, Democrats, and his media lied to us about cutting the cost of health care, being able to keep our insurance, and not taxing the middle class. Today, those lies and what ObamaCare is and will do to the working and middle class are the biggest untold story in America.

    The govt becoming more involved in health care is the reason the costs have increased. So Govt creates a crisis, then provides a solution that comes at the expense of liberty and freedom, costs trillions, and by most accounts won't solve the problem but in fact make it far worse.Corruption, incompetence, disregard of the Constitution, and lying are integral to the way that this country is being run.

    Boycott and Repeal Obamacare...If only a mere 20% of the over 300 million population of the USA boycott Obamacare the government would be overwhelmed to even think they could penalize or mandate every citizen that refused to participate in the most corrupt and unlawful ways which it was passed that circumvented the constitution of the United States.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:41 PM, TMFHousel wrote:

    <<Unless factored in what the increase would have been WITHOUT O-care, all these comparisons are useless. >>

    +1

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:53 PM, Goldenboys wrote:

    And the CBO just announced that 30 Million Americans will remain uninsured AFTER Obamacare kicks in...Trillions down the drain, tens of thousands of employees shifted to part-time AND just as many people left uninsured as the day Obama took office...What's not to like?

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:53 PM, crossle27 wrote:

    Great story 'joyfulone', but it has nothing whatever to do with this healthcare tax scam. The middle class will be picking up the tab on this mess so the poor can have their coverage for free. Except that theirs will not be as free as the dems are leading them to believe.

    Every single one of us will be paying extra for this mess to some degree, and the more you make the more you will pay. This idiot in the white house wasted almost a billion on his failed pork filled stimulus, and has wasted another couple of billion of our $$ by handing it over to his terrorist brotherhood buddies, so don't give me your liberal song and dance about the nasty corprations and their greed! If we actually try to implement this fiasco it will bankrupt us, period. We CAN NOT adequately care for every person in this nation - it is financially and administratively impossible!

    Too bad this 100% partisan bill was not done properly up front, because millions have been wasted so far and that is just the tip of the iceberg in monies that will be wasted on this joke!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:04 PM, crossle27 wrote:

    Well said 'doco177', too bad the left leaning zombies on here still don't get the simple facts of this fiasco.

    It was projected in the beginning that 10 years of this scam could bankrupt the nation, and that was before the costs doubled, so gee, where do you people think that leaves us now? This is step one to the marxist utopia that this muslim fraud has been striving for since day one. Record entitlements and food stamps, more part-time jobs than ever, employers laying off to stay under 50 people and avoid this tax scam, massive debt to China and hyper inflation coming at us like a run away 'train'!

    You can malke excuses for this mess all day long, and try, as usual to blame the GOP who had nothing to do with this fiasco, but it isn't working with anyone other than you low information types out there who watch msdnc.

    His approval rating is plummeting, while my insurance costs next year are expected to rise by 41%, so stop with the phony claims of refunds. What are you getting back, a hundred bucks perhaps? What a sad joke

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Malvoe wrote:

    Why do I not believe these articles that are trying to scare the crap out of us. I have a devastating story to tell about NOT HAVING INSURANCE but right now my heart is so broken I can not put it in writing yet.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:30 PM, lugnut45 wrote:

    There were over 45 million without health care and among them, sick people who couldn't get it due to pre-existing conditions, low wage workers who couldn't afford it and people between the ages of 19 to 27. Anyone says that was better has a selfish cold heart. Private insurance companies are greedy. Amazing that poor to middleclass people on the right, who are a paycheck or two, a serious illness away from not having insurance at all, can be against Obama=care, but in favor of that same old draconian private health care system that was about to increase their premiums by 39% in the years Obamacare passed.

    Maybe we can get all these anti Obamacare people to sign a contract agreeing to never participate in the program and have none of their tax money go towards it. But we on the other hand, are not obligated to pay for your emergency room care.

    Didn't want medicare, social security etc etc, but you benefit from all of them. I am tired of people who vote against their own best interest, then turn around, let off the hook and gladly benefit from those same programs.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:41 PM, lugnut45 wrote:

    Republicans have had at least 4 1/2 to propose a healthcare reform bill themselves but they want, because they want to keep the same system that leaves over 45 million and rising uninsured. The more uninsured, the more profits for private insurance companies and the more republicans get to stuff their pockets with private insurance companies money. They were getting ready to raise the premiums by an average of 35% per years, many of these same gullible people against Obamacare, would eventually be priced out of the market, or pay a much larger portion of their income for health care coverage. Yet, here they are again supporting putting a pole up their own behinds. What do you say to people willing to do this to themselves. Sometime you simply have to admit, some people are just crazy.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:15 PM, KUBLOTNIK wrote:

    2,500 pages of the ACA. 20,000 pages of regulations. a gov.department(HHS) now bigger than the ENTIRE gov.in 1965. and we still have people writing that we must have gov.-run healthcare. how are we dealing with the IRS,DHS,DEA,ATF,HHS,EPA,NSA,DIA,etc,etc. do you think that all this mess will be solved by another bloated gov.bureaucracy ?you think a "medicare style system" will make it better.? my doctor refuses to take medicare patients.WHY? because the gov.has cut the payments so low that they cannot keep the office open on what medicare pays. you think all docs are just rich guys wanting to make a buck? when the rules tell you or your old parents to go take pill and die and leave us alone ,what will you do.? who will you object to.?( tom daschle said thats what was going to happen in his book on the future of care in the US) the bureaucracy exists to do one thing,and that is to keep itself in power and privilege. i can tell you a story about dealings with the dept.of labor that would show my point.this healthcare law written as it was ,and is, was meant to fail big time.they counted on the dependent SHEEPLE to scream long and loud for a gov, system.harry reid said so last week .the ACA is just a first step to a total gov. take-over of healthcare. and when that happens KISS YOU FREEDOM AND LIBERTY GOODBYE !!!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:31 PM, 11thvictim wrote:

    Obamacare passed because it contains an identification clause that ultimately will require a microchip in our rumps. So too does the immigration bill currently being discussed.

    When the time is right, the NWO bad cats will man their joy sticks and steer us to the nearest FEMA death camp, but until then, who cares? We got healthcare!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:32 PM, Conscript40 wrote:

    I see a bunch of liberals jumping to the defense of the law. How many have thoroughly read the bill over? I also see liberals claiming the "Fool" is just repeating FOX talking points. I see a couple claiming CBO reports make different claims. First off, wasn't it the CBO that had to revise it's cost projections for Obamacare 3 times already? Secondly, I notice some say it's not going to cost as much as this and that and then go on to say the reason it's not going to cost as much is due to government tax credits. Ok... That's just retarded. It's going to cost more BECAUSE of the tax credits due to the cost to the insured under Obamacare is so unaffordable. Care to contradict yourselves a few more times?

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:11 PM, therylmccoy wrote:

    This just in... 99% of Motley Fool Obamacare articles are negative in tone.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:15 PM, Pray4Peace wrote:

    My unemployed son (with good prospects) has catastrophic insurance that will pay him a refund because they spent too much on their exec's and not enough on patient care and research. The insurance now always includes limited prevention, e.g., a flu shot. That cost executives, not the company, but it helps my son. Children are staying on their parent's insurance longer. That benefits everyone. They would not have insurance otherwise.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:18 PM, TacitusDominatus wrote:

    10. The inevitable costs of finding out that after paying in for a life-time the only benefit you will see is what health you took care of; yourself!

    Brian Kilcullen

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 8:00 PM, camdenme2 wrote:

    I'm not signing up for PresboCare period !!!

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 8:01 PM, ObamaProgress wrote:

    The mainstream media is starting to allow pseudo news infiltrate its usual system of unbiased and factual reporting. It used to be the only talk we had to hear about the "train wreck" of Obamacare was from far right extreme "news" reporters like Faux News and the Limbaugh show. All the teatards and conservadouches who are against Obamacare would be in favor of Obamacare if a Republican would have came up with it. The fact of what I am saying can be proven in regards to Romneycare. Which is almost identical to Obamacare, and has been a blessing to the people of Massachusstes.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 8:14 PM, dtbd483 wrote:

    I wonder if any of these people who are in favor of Obama Care ever sit back and wonder why the Obama administration is putting off the ACA for small businesses, and not the rest of us who never got a say or a vote in the matter.

    I see that The LIB TARDS actually sit back and blame the conservatives for telling the truth. The 47% are actually really just LAZY ASS FOOLS that don't want to work.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 8:34 PM, Oddball326 wrote:

    All of you who reelected Obama got what you deserve. Those who think they are getting something for nothing, aka, like your Obama phone, have got another thing coming. We are so broke now. I will give it two more years until it totally collaps. We get the truth now from the talking heads that we are 70 Trillion in dedt. It is more like 100 Trillion but whos counting. The Chinese will pull their money out of our bonds. The dollar will collaps. All our bills will come due. There will be an national emergency. They will print money like it is toliet paper and that is how much it will be worth. You might call me crazy. I know, I am informed. Nobody will be inmune in the United States. Except those who will run across the border.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 9:40 PM, starmannate wrote:

    Couldn't we just rename this beast 'The Unaffordable Care Act?'

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Makikijoe wrote:

    Newsflash !

    When you change from an old system (one that callously left thirty or forty million people in the "wilderness of the uninsured" and you bring them into the more civilized "compasionate civilization with universal health care", that is a truly great thing. Obama's grandchildren will look on the word "Obamacare" with pride.

    Did anybody really think that having such a large expansion of people covered could be done without spending some money ?

    I guess the Repunantcans would prefer to leave those forty or fifty million uninsured people out in the cold.

    The Repugs would probably say:

    "Oh, shut up ........ and man up. If you're not insured, it's your own fault ............... somehow.

    Or another favorite GOP attitude, "It's not in the Constitution so therefore, you don't have a right to health care"

    I say we should deport all right wing nut cases who don't give a damn about so many of their fellow Americans who don't have health insurance.

    After all, no where in the Constitution does it SPECIFICALLY say that we can't deport conservative creeps who refuse to support caring about everyone in the U.S. to the point of making sure that we all are medically insured.

  • Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 11:43 PM, bobc4012 wrote:

    @joyfulone59 -

    First, you did not mention which BCBS plan your dad signed up for. Just to say he was denied care because BCBS said so is pure ObamaClone BS. My family members who signed up for BCBS [plans (including my wife and children) were never denied. If he had signed up for an HMO which means only doctors and hospitals in that group and he wanted to go outside, then yes they may deny. If the treatment was consideredd experimental, then yes they may denied - just as YOUR glorious government run Medicare will also deny! Believe me, I have had plenty of experience with that as well as my late mother.

    Second, my father died in a VA hospital. I won't go into details, because it wasn't pretty. He received some of the shoddiest care I have ever seen at the VA he entered. I had an uncle who went to the same VA and swore by them. I asked him what kind of treatment he received - "why they gave him a couple of pills (aspirin - or as we used to say in the military, APC tablets) and sent him home. His mind is what cured whatever ailed him - nothing serious.

    I went to the VA where I lived to sign up.- the only advantage was I could get the couple of prescriptions cheaper at the time - now they are cheaper at Wal-Mart 90 days for $10.

    Also, get your facts straight. While the 2 wars that started under Bush weren't free, they did not cost trillions and trillions of dollars as you imply. The national debt went up 5 trillion during Bushes 8 years, and increased moreso the last 2 years when the Democrats took over Congress and spent like drunken sailors (I was in the Navy). Under Obama, the national debt increased 7 trillion in less than 5 years, of which the first 2, he had total control as the Democrats had the majority in the House and 60 votes in the Senate. The Republicans were totally shut out, otherwise this train wreck (Democrat Max Baucus words - and he was one of the original authors) may never have occurred.

    If Obamacare is so great for the country, then why did the Congress allow for themselves and there staff to opt out as well as Obama and the entire Executive branch? Also, why is Obama backpaddling and running rampant over the Constitution giving out exemptions from implementation and allowing some delays? Couldn't be for the vote - he wouldn't play "politics" - nah, he's not the scumbag most everyone thinks him to be is he?

    It is people like yourself and those low IQ voters with that "gime, gime" attitude that have screwed things up.

  • Report this Comment On August 19, 2013, at 12:07 AM, bobc4012 wrote:

    @Makikijoe,

    and nowhere in the Constitution does it say we can't deport all you left-wing nut cases to some utopia that will provide for your every need for free!

    What you don't get is those so-called 30 million were getting "free healthcare" - it was called Medicaid. Tow of my children work in the medical field and see these people everyday - long lines of them coming for their free healthcare and they aren't and can't be turned down!

    Just go to some other country where the healthcare system is run totally by government bureaucrats and see how good it really is. You and your kind should pack up and move to one of them and get your government backed healthcare.

  • Report this Comment On August 19, 2013, at 9:56 AM, jdunnfla wrote:

    When I read comments like the ones from joyfulone59, I think I am clear on how insurance and lifestyle decisions should work......

    1) Eat whatever you like, whatever FEELS GOOD and TASTES GOOD.

    2) Avoid exercise at all costs.....

    3) Smoke cigarettes, drink as much alcohol as you like.

    4) Water?? Don't drink water, it is BORING. A soda tastes better and gives me that nice sugar and caffeine buzz.

    5) When you do get really ill, expect the insurance companies to pay for nearly ALL your bills, and if you are uninsurable, let the taxpayers pick up the tab. After all, healthCARE is a right!!

    I do not think so........

    ObamaCare will cost too much, will be too confusing and burdensome. Just wait....

  • Report this Comment On August 21, 2013, at 10:45 PM, ettucat wrote:

    @alcesbison: you just don't pay attention, do you. The Republicans have had a bill for several years that Harry Reid refuses to bring before the Senate. What are you Lib/Dems afraid of? Harry NEVER brings Republican bills before the Senate. You actually have to listen to more than the talking heads on MSNBC to develop an understanding of what is happening TO you, not FOR you. Why not go to The Republican Health Care Reform Plan: HR 3218 and become truly enlightened.

  • Report this Comment On August 21, 2013, at 10:56 PM, ettucat wrote:

    Has it ever occurred to you phony bleeding hearts that we, the taxpayer, have ALWAYS paid for the uninsured. The difference between what we have ALWAYS done, and what Obamacare has done, is this:

    We will continue to pay for the freeloaders and scammers, over and above the truly needed, only now it will cost triple what it costs today (if not more).

    Obamacare WILL NOT cover everyone.

    Libs/Dems like to say how "popular" SS and Medicare are, how much the people love those entitlements. They do not understand the difference between engineered dependence on government, and popularity. Libs/Dems have always been short-sighted and incapable of the insight needed to determine unintended consequences. There is no help for those Socialists. There is no way to persuade them that NO ONE has the RIGHT to expect to share the benefits earned by the hard workers in this country. We have truly needy, and then we have the freeloaders. Most of those touting the "benefits" of Obamacare have NEVER contributed one dollar, or one hour, to the overall benefit of the American citizens.

Add your comment.

Sponsored Links

Leaked: Apple's Next Smart Device
(Warning, it may shock you)
The secret is out... experts are predicting 458 million of these types of devices will be sold per year. 1 hyper-growth company stands to rake in maximum profit - and it's NOT Apple. Show me Apple's new smart gizmo!

DocumentId: 2598088, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 11/24/2014 5:56:53 PM

Report This Comment

Use this area to report a comment that you believe is in violation of the community guidelines. Our team will review the entry and take any appropriate action.

Sending report...


Advertisement