Is Toyota Giving Up on the Tundra?

While GM spent big on all-new pickups, Toyota settled for a makeover with the 2014 Tundra. Photo credit: Toyota.

Is Toyota (NYSE: TM  ) giving up on the idea of making big strides in the full-sized pickup market?

It's unlike Toyota to give up on any market, particularly one as profitable as full-sized pickups -- but lately there are some signs that it's thinking about throwing in the towel. While General Motors  (NYSE: GM  ) just unveiled all-new versions of its Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra, and the oft-updated Ford  (NYSE: F  ) F-150 is known to be set for its own replacement next year, Toyota settled for a quickie makeover of its Tundra for 2014.

The outgoing version of the Tundra was hailed as a big achievement when it was first introduced. But it has never managed anything like the sales numbers that Ford and GM post month after month, and this new version seems to leave it well behind its rivals. In this video, Fool contributor John Rosevear looks at how the new Tundra stacks up -- and at why he thinks Toyota is close to giving up on its effort to crack this lucrative market.

Ford's F-150 is a cornerstone of its financial success, but do you know the major developments that could crush Ford? The secrets to success that could make investors like you rich? The answers are simpler than you think, and The Motley Fool is sharing them in a free report titled "5 Secrets to Ford's Future." Inside we outline critical information every Ford investor must know, so click here now for your free report.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 1:41 PM, SLTom992 wrote:

If Toyota had concentrated on the small truck market they could have built up a clientele after Ford was so stupid to dump the US market for the Ranger. But as all marketing geniuses they decided that doing the same as everyone else would be a better idea.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 1:50 PM, brokeinTX wrote:

I looked at Tundras several years ago. Too expensive for what you get... just a few grand more would put a fella in a diesel powered 3/4 ton pickup with more capability. It wasn't worth it to settle for a half ton at that price point.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 1:50 PM, mewormser wrote:

I Toyota concentrated on a payload similar to the F150, then they would have competed. I mean, a lousy 1400 pounds?

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:02 PM, 18RC wrote:

Toyota self destructed the Tundra by making it's major powertrain components like the transmission unreliable. Not just for 2007, but for many years beyond 2007. And a punishingly hard ride and mediocre seats and hard to see dash instruments caused more misery.

If the Tundra had had steller reliability and durability like Toyota's compact pickups of the 1970's - 90's with car like seats and a car like ride then the Tundra would have been a very good seller.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:09 PM, esillery wrote:

The Tundra is an ugly, hugely overpriced gas hog. I'm surprised anyone buys them. Same with the Nissan Titan.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:18 PM, josh995 wrote:

I think the new Tundra looks pretty much just like the last Tundra. I also think the same of the new Silverado. To me, it looks pretty much like the last Silverado.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:19 PM, josh995 wrote:

But guys! The Tundra towed the Space Shuttle! OMG!

Lmfao.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:19 PM, xmommy2ux wrote:

We just recently bought a Tundra. We own a Rav 4 and a highlander. We have had the highlander for 10+ years. We looked at ford and dodge. We didn't really see anything that could compare to the Tundra. We really felt like the other brands were over priced for such an un-realiable brand. We had no problem waiting for a Toyota sales event and got a great deal. We have a truck payment under 500 for brand new and we know we can trust it for 10+ years as well. Also we had to walk out of the dodge dealership because they wanted us to get anything other than what we came there for. Toyota we were in and out in 3 hours. It was a wonderful process. Findlay Toyota in Las Vegas was awesome!!!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Rightwingwacko23 wrote:

Lower the price.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Rightwingwacko23 wrote:

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:28 PM, dougfir1 wrote:

Up to the T-100, Toyota made a useful pickup. When they started to imitate Ford and the other full-size ones, they lost me. Why have four models of gas-guzzlers? Economical hauling of smaller loads was the strong point of Datsun and Toyota.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 2:44 PM, gunslinger55 wrote:

I've owned many Chevrolet and one Ford full-sized pickups. All were great trucks. I currently own a 2007 GMC Sierra and a 2009 Toyota Tundra which I use to pull a trailered 24 ft Sea Ray around the Puget Sound area ( hills and mountains ). The Tundra is a great truck with 381 horsepower. The ride is firm and it is a bit thirsty but the bottom line is I love it. It's torque is outstanding as well as acceleration when not towing. And when I replace it, I will again look at Chevrolet, GMC , Ford and yes, Toyota.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:20 PM, SwK0212 wrote:

I was a big fan of the smaller Toyota pickups. Not everyone needs a full size pickup and they filled a nice niche along with the Ford Ranger. When I stopped at a Toyota Dealership and told the salesman what I need the truck to do and what I needed to tow he basically pointed across the highway to the Ford dealer on the other side. I wasn't there to buy anything, I only took my then girlfriend there so she could look at cars. When I look at this truck it screams import, even if its built in Texas. I didn't think it was possible for a truck maker to have a worse interior than a GMC/Chevy but Toyota does. One of the biggest myths and one that to many Toyota buyers seem to believe is that you can't get a reliable vehicle from Ford, Ram, or GM... yet ask any of the said drivers from each and you will quickly learn that 95% of the drivers of these trucks are more than satisfied. Now not only are the American branded trucks just as or in some cases more reliable but they get better fuel economy to. At the end of the day the only people who would buy a truck like this would be the same people who buy other Toyota's and still believe that there is nothing better... kind of like the people who buy Apple products.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:23 PM, mnormanr1 wrote:

If Toyota wanted to run the full size truck market, they would, just like they do in the small sedan, mid size sedan and the mid size truck market. Toyota is not concentrating on that part of the market. In my opinion, they are smart. Toyota is picking their battles and winning them!! That is why they are the most profittable and wealthiest manufacture on the planet. And for you out there that think that the Tundra can't hang with the Domestic truck manufactures in towing, look up J2807 tow ratings.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:55 PM, SammyDBBQ wrote:

Car makers keep a body style for about 5-6 years in a model before changing it to take advantage as much profit as sales will support before absorbing upfront costs in development and retooling for a complete body style changeover.

Tundras are plentiful on the road with few being sold. What Toyota needs to capitalize on is offering a diesel variant with possibly a higher GVWR. Toyota has the diesel technologies and engines that it uses elsewhere in the World and the US market is ripe for it. The only antagonist has to be the Federal Government making it not profitable for them to offer a diesel variant.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:56 PM, abrock39 wrote:

bottom line it is an inferior truck. even the turn coats in this country who run out and buy toyotas when chevy and ford make cars much nicer can figure that out. you can't build a truck in the us and call it an american made vehicle when the profits go somewhere in tokyo. general motors filed bankruptcy and everyone whats to jump on toyotas band wagon about being the worlds largest auto maker, but they are barley holding on to that spot and gm is poised to take that over every month of the year. the silverado, f-150, and dodge ram are far superior and better looking end of story. one more thing for any one looking at a camry or corolla the chevy malibu and cruze are much better!!!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 3:57 PM, WhoDatParnella wrote:

I hope so. All of the major manufacturers are missing out on one vehicle that everyone wants... A small pickup that delivers good mileage. Yes the Tacoma is a good truck, but most of those come with a V6 and are not fuel efficient.

PAY ATTENTION TOYOTA... Make a smaller version of the Tacoma and that come in 4 cylinder engines only and model it after the Tacoma. I will gladly accept less horsepower if you could provide MPG of 22/30. You will dominate the small truck market. Make it happen!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:04 PM, NancyDrew1001 wrote:

I used to work for Toyota USA at the corporate office. Toyota has never had an original idea and they still don't. They will never win the truck market and they are slowly losing the car market.

Ford Fusion is very close to being the number 1 car in America.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:06 PM, steve07tundra wrote:

I can't believe the negative comments that I am reading. I owned a 1976 Ford F100 and I put over 200,000 miles on it. I can't tell you how much I spent on the engine. Rebuilt it once and was always working on it. I bought a 1994 Ford Lariat and spent a few bucks on the engine. I purchased a 2003 Tundra and never had a problem. Then I traded it for a 2007 Tundra because I wanted a "Big Truck". I have never had any repairs on either of my Tundras. I, personally, don't like spending my time at the repair shop. THAT'S WHY I DRIVE A TOYOTA TUNDRA!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:07 PM, americaneagle06 wrote:

I have had 3 ford pick ups and not totally satisfied with them Then I got a 4 runner and had it for 15 years. Then for my birthday in 2006 bought the tundra XSP and I still have today. Wasn't thrilled with the new version look too much like the dodge and titian. These trucks are reliable and dependable unlike the new mustang we got in 2006, 400 miles and fuel pump goes out.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 4:24 PM, SwK0212 wrote:

In no way shape of form would/could Toyota run the full size truck market. As much as pickup buyers in general are stereotyped to death as ignorant, uneducated, racist group of people, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Pickup truck drivers tend to be highly educated, know more about cars and trucks than the typical car buyer, generally are very nice people who will help you out of a jam or take the shirt off of their backs to help you out, and actually know how to do a lot of things which usually include the reason they needed a pickup. They also tend to be very loyal to their favorite brands but will buy another truck if they feel they can get a better deal or something better. No one who knows better is buying a Toyota pickup, only those who had Toyota's previously for the most part. As far as the J2807 tow rating goes its overrated. Any truck can haul or tow any amount of weight depending on the gearing and frame setup. Don't remember seeing to many trucks from 15 years ago having any problems towing even when they were doing it around 200 horsepower.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:07 PM, roquero66 wrote:

All the auto-makers have given up on the tundra. They're all helping to DESTROY the tundra. "Tundra," just as horrible a name for a car as "Geo," or "Outback."

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:12 PM, Msacvoice wrote:

I bought a 2008 V-6 Tundra brand new. It was quite expensive to keep up due to poor gas mileage. I am positive that's one of the major concerns which turns off customers. My idea of "Toyota" is economical; I couldn't believe that $100 U.S. dollars won't take me a week. I traded the car back after 3 months; I went negative for doing so, but I am happy with Sienna Van which is 3 times more economical than Tundra. The point is, make Tundra more fuel economical like all other Toyota vehicles and you'll thrive. How about hybrid Tundra truck? At least 30 miles a gallon truck would be great - an equivalent of Sienna Van's power. I still would like to own a Toyota Truck. Tacoma has the same issue with gas consumption. Also, make Toyota trucks roomier for big and tall:))

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:37 PM, reguired12 wrote:

The problem is that when you think truck, the first thing that pops into your mind is F-150. Both Titan and Tundra don't even come into the picture.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:39 PM, autoinsider wrote:

Tundra and Titan are truck wannabees. They never did have anything on Ford, GM or Dodge.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:41 PM, quahogman78 wrote:

All they need to do is forego the California market and offer in the other 49 states a 4/6 banger DIESEL engine option in the Tundra that gets 25-30 MPG. I believe Toyota diesels in other countries are rated higher than their gasoline counterparts for fuel economy and durability.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:46 PM, autoinsider wrote:

The Domestics have made a concerted effort to CRUSH the Tundra and they have.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:46 PM, gearhead357 wrote:

bought mine new in '01 with 7 miles on it. 203,500 miles later it still runs and drives like the day i bought it after only routine maintenance! if i ever need to buy a new truck again, and i hope i don't, it will definately be a tundra! absolutely love my truck, only thing i hate is knowing it can't possibly last forever. can it?

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 5:59 PM, LungsOfSteel wrote:

It amuses me to no end to see a Toyota customer called a "turncoat" while the words are being written on a computer assembled in Asia.

It is to laugh.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:01 PM, PlagueofLocost wrote:

I have a 2010 Sequoia which had to have the driveshaft replaced in the first 3 months that I owned it. If the Suburban or the Expedition wasn't so underpowered and the interior so cheap I would have bought one. It is a great tow vehicle for a 4300 lb boat. If they were smart they would put the V8 diesel (that they put in the ex-US Land Cruiser) in it and they would have a unique niche both for Tundra and Sequoia.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:08 PM, dvldog6 wrote:

I have a 2010 Tundra crew-max, and love it. It pulls my 30 ft travel trailer (all 5000 lbs) with no problems. It rides like it's on a brand new road, very smooth and very comfortable. My family and I drove to LA in it, good gas mileage, no problems. Toyota, I say keep on making the Tundra.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:08 PM, kp10000 wrote:

They are way over priced. Every time I ask somebody that is looking for a new truck if they are going to look at Toyota, always get the same answer: "over priced". Idiots at Toyota!!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:11 PM, mnormanr1 wrote:

Of course there are people that say the J2807 tow ratings are over rated when the Toyota Tundra is the only full size gas powered truck to be within 700 lbs of what they said their tow rating was from the factory. Some of these "domestic" manufaturers were 1700 lbs off when trying to attempt the J2807. It seems like people like to use stats when it is in favor for them but as soon as it goes against their "opinion", then it is either false or over rated. Interesting!!!!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:29 PM, sablama wrote:

Yeah the import price Toyota had to pay killed them in the market.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:31 PM, mnormanr1 wrote:

I just went to ford.com and built a fully loaded 2013 Ford f-150 4X4 with all options. I did not add any type of accesories and the price came to $50,840 plus destination. I went to toyota.com and did the same to a 2013 tundra 4X4 with all options not including accesories and the price was $47,700. It is strange how people are under the impression that the toyota tundra is over priced. If the tundra is over priced, what would you say about the ford?

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:33 PM, moabcrawler wrote:

I have owned Ford and Chevy. Interior is cheap, drive train falls apart early. Fuel pumps, t-cases, transmissions, alternators, intake manifold leaks and the list goes on.

When Chevy knows about a weak link that blows out the back of the t-case housing from the manufacturer of their most common transfer case and says to build it like that anyway to save costs, that lost me 100% of ever going back to Chevy.

F-150 after 100k miles feels more like a 200k+ truck. Ride and drive, the interior as well, noisy door jambs.

I went back to Toyota. My 120K mile 07' Tundra runs and drives like a brand new 2014. everything works as it should, Trans, the engine, all the interior holds up very well.

As far as you MPG comparing people, its simple math. It takes a certain amount of power to move certain amount of weight. Buy a truck for what its for.

Look at stats of Tundra, Biggest brakes of them all, 6 spd Trans with great cooling, the rear axle is more heavy duty than 3/4 ton trucks.

Do your research before buying a truck, buy what fits your needs, make educated decisions.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:37 PM, moabcrawler wrote:

sablama, Tundra and many other models are built in America. No Import fees, therefore comparable, if not cheaper, only in cost, to the big 3. As mnoman1 pointed out.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:40 PM, SwK0212 wrote:

Please give it up with the J2807 tow standard. It was Toyota's choice to opt in early. No one forced their hands to do so. Also no manufacture has to comply with it if they don't want to, its only a guideline. From my understanding though the new Ram's were tested using the new standard, even the new 3500 HD with its 30k pound towing ability. GM is ready to start using it but will not until Ford does so. Ford is applying it starting with all new models that are released after 2013 but the new F series trucks will not make an appearance until 2014 at the earliest so that's when they will start using it. The new SUV's that were released by Ford for 2013 model year all use the new towing standard. So once again Toyota is not the only manufacture who is using the standard, its just the only one who is using it on a full size pickup to date and that proves what exactly? I know a few guys with both Chevy and Fords with 300,000 miles on them with nothing more than routine maintenance.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 6:54 PM, bc3b wrote:

"sablama wrote: Yeah the import price Toyota had to pay killed them in the market."

Tundra is manufactured in San Antonio.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:04 PM, mnormanr1 wrote:

Of course the "big 3" will have to follow the guideline of the J2807. Because they couldn't be out done by a "japanese" truck builder. Everyone is going to have their opinions about trucks. There are the loyal buyers that no matter what will continue to buy what they are currently driving. You will have the buyer that doesn't care about anything but price. Then you have the buyer that will do a year of research before buying. It doesn't matter what truck you are driving or thinking of buying. They all have positives and negatives!!!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:10 PM, autoinsider wrote:

Tundra was produced to tap in to the then red hot truck market, the yuppie, I don't really need a truck but I'll look cool if I have one, buyer. The first ones were plagued by SEVERE mechanical problems, specifically drive train and engines. With all brands, once burned, it's time to move on and Toyota burned a lot of people with the first few years production.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:21 PM, chasabrem1961 wrote:

I own a 2012 Toyota Tundra Texas Edition- it is a very nice truck, the only issue is the gas mileage- not good- average 15 Mpg....other than that issue I like the truck- have owned Chevy, Ford and Dodge- Tundra is as good as the others

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:37 PM, jojoe360 wrote:

First, I'm not sure why pick ups got so large. Is it really necessary? So why Toyota got into the big truck business is mind boggling. The small truck market would have been a nice niche market for them - same as the smaller car niche they've done so well in.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 7:52 PM, anna1919 wrote:

hey, xmommy2ux, yes they are going to be nice, and anything else they have to be or do! they wanted to sell you a truck.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 8:57 PM, WtLifter wrote:

I have owned numerous Tundras through the years.

I drive an 11 Tundra 4x4. my son an 07 Tundra 4x4 and my daughter drives a 10 Tundra 4x4. They are great trucks and the resale is better than other trucks. I have never had any of the problems some of these people are posting.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 9:16 PM, crash3085 wrote:

Full size truck drivers tend to be very set in their ways and loyal to the big three. The Tundra and Nissan Titan could be completely magical and they would still have a hard time prying buyers from the big three. And speaking of the Titan, I drove the prototype in 2002 and at that time it was WAY ahead of the big three trucks, but never stood a chance breaking into the market, so Nissan has just let it get old too.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 10:42 PM, Solomooner wrote:

I'm a Ford man. It doesn't matter how well the Japanese make a vehicle - I will not buy one. I have had Chevrolets and Dodges in the past, and I will buy one of those before a Japanese vehicle. I like the Ford body styles, interiors, drive drains, and the pride of driving an American vehicle. People have their opinions, but I'm satisfied with the vehicles I have bought. I have a an '08 Fusion that has exceeded my expectations, an '07 Focus, that is cheaply constructed, but is an excellent commuter vehicle, and my favorite - an '02 F350 with the 7.3L diesel. I've had issues with the F350, but I wouldn't trade it in. Bottom line - buy what vehicle suits you. I don't care for foreign vehicles, but buy what you want - its your money. In my opinion, Toyota tried too hard to make a competitive truck - just because you make it "bigger" doesn't make it better. Keep it simple.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 10:43 PM, CUrchin wrote:

My Ranger has 165,000 miles and my Durango pulls my 6,800 lb camper plus smaller trailers and boats. My nieghbor and a few of my friends are die hard Toyota buyers but they all treat them like princesses. I'm sure they are great vehicles if you keep them in the garage, wash and wax them every weekend and don't throw stuff in the bed or tow stuff through winding country roads and up hills. I've had Chevies, Dodges, Fords, Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas. You need to pick the vehicle that does the job you need done. On a side done you don't see a lot of contractors/woking men using Toyotas. They seem to be the choicd for the guy who wants to throw a Kayak on top and say he uses his "truck" like a truck...my dodge grand caravan hauled more than my buddies tacoma ever did.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 11:00 PM, BillDaCat wrote:

Toyota has a sub par truck mostly bought by those that think Toyota can do no wrong.. well they have done wrong and they still do. As for anyone talking about how they don't want to spend time in the repair shop.. where have you been for the last 20 years? All of the major automakers make good solid vehicles and no one buys based on repairs.. For example.. buying an extended warranty is a complete waste. The auto market is extremely competitive and no one can put stuff out that needs constant repairs. they'd go out of business. Choose your vehicle on what is best for your needs, and don't buy one because of reputation from 20 years ago. Today's Toyotas aren't the best.. I would rate Honda and Ford superior and Chevy about the same.. As for trucks.. Chevy #1, Ford #2. Honda even makes cars in unionized ohio.. not because they have illiterate knuckleheads that will work for nothing with no union, but because of the hard working people who care about the product. Kudos to Honda for that. Toyota built based on cheap labor and got bit in the $%^ for it. They have reaped what they have sown in trying to be top seller no matter the cost to people or quality.. They are what GM was.. #1 seller but without a clue.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 11:05 PM, mewormser wrote:

1400 pounds payload. That's a couple of boulders.

Would love a Toyota product to put a cab over camper on but the 1400 pounds is too weak. F150 is over 3000 pounds. Beef it up Toyota.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 11:34 PM, bubbacan wrote:

Hay if you don't like tundra buy a ford or am chev. and watch what happens when you go to trade it in. tundra keeps their value. Have a 2007 very happy with the truck, I have to haul feed for animals with it, hauled horse trailer, tandum axle with 1200lb horses.

load was heavy but the truck work just fine. I will admit my truck is fully loaded.

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 11:46 PM, Surfr777 wrote:

Here's another Tundra owner. 270.000 miles with original spark plugs, wires,all sensors, exhaust ,alternator, fuel pump, rear main & crank seals etc. Just changed my rear drum shoes and could've went another 30K on it. Never any oil or fluid leaks. Only 1 timing belt & drive belt change. Front brake pads changed a few times and battery. Just drove it from Fla. to LA. Going to be shipped to Hawaii. On my cross country drive not 1 Japanese car broken down on the HWY. I did see other makes on the side of the road. Truck runs just like it came out of the showroom. So smooth. Thank You Toyota!

• Report this Comment On August 18, 2013, at 11:47 PM, wredfern wrote:

Why has no one on here stated the obvious fact that Toyota and others could not compete because of US protectionism of the sort we accuse others of? Pickup trucks from abroad have 25% import tax on them. If Toyota and others could have put 25% more into their trucks to build them up, or lowered the price 25% to grab market share, I don't think there would have been a problem. Sadly, US pickup consumers are the ones who have suffered the most as Ford and Chevy have not had to improve things such as reliability as they have had to in other areas of their manufacturing lines.

• Report this Comment On August 19, 2013, at 12:19 AM, mytrk wrote:

2000 Tundra 4x4 200k - bad mpg and payload, plus the 4x4 is open diff and sucks bad

1994 f150 4x4 180k - limited slip is bomb and truck never lets me down

1995 f350 4x4 180k - tows our 5th wheel all over so-cal never failed and 4x4 is awesome due to weight

wifes 2oo3 seqioia just towed our 3500lb tent trailer 4300 miles .... love it, best vehicle ever made

• Report this Comment On August 19, 2013, at 12:20 AM, fpl1954 wrote:

I have owned Ford F150s since 1978. I buy a new F150 every 12 years, am on my third F150 now with a total accumulated mileage of over 720,000 miles, and haven't spent a dime on any of them other than tires and oil. Why would I look at Japanese products where everything costs double and the utility just isn't there. I can pass anyone on the highway with 7,000 lbs loaded in my trailer and my F150 doesn't notice.

• Report this Comment On August 19, 2013, at 12:37 AM, bfshown wrote:

all the truck dealers cannot make a truck as dependable and with 100 thousand mile bumper to bumper coverage as KIA trucks,thats why I can't buy one (they) won't let them in the US.you should look at the quality of them they are awesome and the price is affordable.!.

• Report this Comment On August 19, 2013, at 1:36 AM, btc909 wrote:

The Tacoma should have been rebooted long ago.

The Tundra, drop the gas motor and offer a Diesel only.