The Marvel Movie Machine Is About to Get a Huge Boost

Shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS  ) aren't rallying as much anymore. The stock is up 18% over the past year -- good, but only a marginal beat of the S&P 500's 15% gain over the same period. Have investors lost faith? Because if so, that would be a mistake. The Marvel movie machine isn't even close to revving at capacity.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should kick the franchise into high gear when it makes its debut on Sept. 24 on Disney's ABC television network. The following slideshow gives fans and investors a taste of what to expect, and explains why the Marvel movie opportunity is still so huge.

But it's also just one of many franchises to watch. In tech, Apple is vying to be one of five tech suppliers fighting to serve our every digital need. Who will win the war? Our analysts have compiled a report that not only names the other four but also tells you which have the greatest chance of dominating in the years ahead. Click here to claim your free copy now.

• Report this Comment On September 08, 2013, at 11:08 PM, upishell wrote:

Will they be really, really cheesy like all the Marvel movies so far?

• Report this Comment On September 09, 2013, at 2:00 AM, VapRhap wrote:

If by cheesy you mean insanely addictive and delicious.

• Report this Comment On September 09, 2013, at 3:51 AM, delfra wrote:

LOL this dude said cheesy, haters will always try to run interference with jealousy and envy. You might as well scream your head off now and get it over with, because the best from Marvel is yet to come in my opinion.

• Report this Comment On September 09, 2013, at 6:00 AM, Sargonarhes wrote:

It's Marvel written by Josh Wheldon, I couldn't care less.

This isn't news.

• Report this Comment On September 09, 2013, at 10:02 AM, DerekStack wrote:

It's Joss not Josh. And it should probably be spelled Jo$$ since he made the company a BILLION dollars on a single movie. And there are at least two more billion dollar movies in the pipe with any number of multi-million dollar ones in the Marvel franchise alone. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

• Report this Comment On September 09, 2013, at 10:33 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

@DerekStack,

>>I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I find your embrace of a Star Wars-themed quip awesome. +1.

Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On September 11, 2013, at 3:52 PM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

For anyone interested, I recently wrapped a Google Hangout with Tony Tellado of Sci-Fi Talk (@scifitalk) and Justin Cavender of Geek Legacy (@edgyamo) in which we talked comics, TV, movies, games and everything else geek.

Check it out here: http://youtu.be/mr8RNf37XkM

Thanks for reading and Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On September 14, 2013, at 5:34 PM, jonesericr wrote:

Well I shall have to wait until I see the show. I don't think it's going to follow the current line unless they explain why Culson isn't dead. Thor is god by the way so the realm of possibilities are out there. But Ming Na is in it so I shall be watching. I hope it's good but that does mean I have to create space for another show to watch.

ej