The Pentagon announced 86 separate contract awards on Thursday worth a combined $7.55 billion. Most of these have been reported separately already where appropriate. Here are a few "extras" that might otherwise fall through the cracks:
- Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY ) won a maximum $107.5 million regulated tariff rate contract to assume ownership and take responsibility for operating and maintaining a natural gas distribution system located at an undisclosed location in North Carolina through September 2066. The location of the base where the system is located was not mentioned in today's announcement. This contract appears to closely mirror the terms of a similar "utility takeover" contract awarded to Tidewater Utilities in Delaware two weeks ago.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ) won a $66.4 million firm-fixed-priced, labor-hour indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract to provide the U.S. Marine Corps with Microsoft premier and consulting support services to include planning and coordination support, risk assessments and support consulting, 24/7 tech support, field engineering support, designated engineering support and architectural consulting services through Sept. 2014.
- EMCOR (NYSE: EME ) was awarded a $40.5 million option exercise to provide Regional Base Operating Support services at various government facilities within a 100-mile radius of the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, D.C., through September 2014. This modification increases the total value of EMCOR's underlying contract to $147.7 million.
- Moog (NYSE: MOG-A ) won a firm-fixed-price contract to supply up to $18 million worth of aircraft parts to the U.S. Air Force through March 30, 2016.
- And finally, Navistar (NYSE: NAV ) won a $10.2 million firm-fixed-price, non-option-eligible, non-multiyear foreign military sales contract to supply the U.S. Army Contracting Command -- Tank and Automotive with 75 refrigerator food supply trucks, plus spare parts, and one operator's manual on compact disc, in the Dari language (spoken in Afghanistan).