3 Obamacare Questions That Have Yet to Be Answered

The big question that everyone was waiting for has been decisively answered: "Will Obamacare's health exchanges work from the get-go?" The answer was a resounding "No."

President Barack Obama and the man tasked with managing the fix of the federally run health exchange, former acting Office of Management and Budget chief Jeffrey Zients, have spent the past two months handling damage control and reassuring the public that top tech experts were on the job. The revamped Healthcare.gov was recently relaunched and is now functional for a majority of the public in the 36 states it covers, meeting the government-imposed deadline of fixing the website by the end of November.

Despite the fix and the expectation that things will now go according to plan, there are still three questions I have about Obamacare that are left to be answered.

1. Why didn't the so-called top tech experts build Healthcare.gov in the first place?
If there has been one frustrating aspect of Obamacare's website glitches that's stood head and shoulders above the rest, it was the announcement from White House officials that a "tech surge" would bring in the top experts within the information technology industry to help fix Healthcare.gov.

This aid came in the form or middleware specialists Red Hat and Oracle (NYSE: ORCL  ) which were critical in diagnosing why data wasn't getting from the user to the data center and then to the insurance company for processing, and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL  ) whose global source code network expertise helped decipher a good chunk of what was wrong with potentially millions of lines of code in Healthcare.gov.

Although things are fixed now after a two-month wait, I have to wonder why the government didn't choose these top tech experts to build Healthcare.gov in the first place. Instead, the government contracted out the website's development to Canada's CGI Group (NYSE: GIB  ) which lost a large contract in its home country in 2012 and has repeatedly struggled to meet deadlines.

The concern here would be that if the government failed to take the time to research this critical aspect of the development process, what other corners may have been cut that may rear their head down the road?

2. Are young adults signing up for health insurance?
In mid-November, we received our first taste of what the early stage registrations for Obamacare looked like, with 106,185 people between state and federally run health exchanges completely enrolling for health insurance and another 975,407 making it through the application and identification process but having yet to pick a plan. Of these applicants, 396,261 have been determined eligible for government-sponsored Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program.

By all accounts full enrollments over the first 33 days were much weaker than anticipated, but with nearly 1 million people completing the application process (and trust me from firsthand experience, it's not a quick process) the expectation is that these individuals will soon select insurance coverage. 

There haven't been any breakdowns of the age groups comprising the current enrollees and applicants. As I've stated before, enrolling young adults into Obamacare will truly be the standard by which Obamacare's success is measured. As it stands, a small portion of the sick and elderly (about 5%) make up about half of our annual health care expenditures in this country. In order to counteract these costs we need healthier young adults to sign up and pay into the system.

While getting fresh data from the Department of Health and Human Services is helpful, it's not nearly as helpful as finding out whether young adults are signing up for insurance. Until we have this data, the success of Obamacare will remain a gigantic question mark in my book.

3. Can our health-care system and doctors handle this surge of newly insured people?
One often overlooked aspect of bringing a targeted 7 million newly insured people into the health-care system is whether our infrastructure can handle it. Growth in the number of doctors in this country has been in the very low single-digits at best for years, and some doctors are simply choosing to opt out of accepting insurance obtained through Obamacare's health exchanges. Without adequate access to physicians, having health insurance won't do a lot of good when it comes to getting preventive care.

Another factor of concern would simply be the number of insurers operating in each state. Earlier this year we saw UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH  ) and Aetna (NYSE: AET  ) both pull out of what appears to be a lucrative, but crowded, California individual insurance market. Having big insurers like UnitedHealth and Aetna avoid many state exchanges could lead to cancellation notices being sent out to members in states where those insurers choose to no longer operate, further altering Americans' access to health care.

Simply put, it remains to be seen if our health care infrastructure can withstand the expected surge in preventive care and medical treatments.

Thankfully we have more answers than questions!
Obamacare seems complex, but it doesn't have to be. In only minutes, you can learn the critical facts you need to know in a special free report called Everything You Need to Know About Obamacare. But don't hesitate; because it's not often that we release a FREE guide containing this much information and money-making advice. Please click here to access your free copy.


Read/Post Comments (35) | Recommend This Article (7)

Comments from our Foolish Readers

Help us keep this a respectfully Foolish area! This is a place for our readers to discuss, debate, and learn more about the Foolish investing topic you read about above. Help us keep it clean and safe. If you believe a comment is abusive or otherwise violates our Fool's Rules, please report it via the Report this Comment Report this Comment icon found on every comment.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 4:16 PM, thegreentreefrog wrote:

    The answer to question #1 michelle obama's girl friends company got the $658 million dollar contract to SCREW THINGS UP!

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 4:44 PM, christian1269 wrote:

    Obama has no answers to any questions, other than more lies. Obama lied continually to get Obamacare passed. Obama will say any lie to avoid having it repealed or fixed. Obama's legacy is lies and the lie of Obamacare. He'll be remembered for being an incompetent president out of touch with reality, a man who loved his own words so much, he cared little for facts. He thinks he can manipulate public opinion with propaganda, so why would facts or reality matter?

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 4:45 PM, ArthurA wrote:

    The BIG question is, who is paying for the blunder? (I know it's you and me.) I would think the cost outweighs any good at this point and it will be passed onto the new people that have registered...

    It's amazing we have no input to get the smart/right people to get this done.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:01 PM, rolltide11 wrote:

    I have a question of my own.

    If I have a "child" that is under 26 but he refuses to buy his own insurance and I do not put him on my insurance plan, who pays the tax for not having insurance. Me or him?

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:38 PM, DKSynn wrote:

    These are hardly the questions to be asked however his answer to his first question tries to promote the idea that the website is "fixed" when the processing part of the back end of the system has yet to be built. "Fixed", who are you kidding?

    No mention in the article about "sticker shock" when people realize that many will be paying higher rates with larger deductibles and bigger copays. Where is that question?

    No mention is made about the questions/concerns about the loss of doctors and hospitals that people have known and been happy with in the past,

    No mention about the employer paid plans that will be getting cancelled in 2014 because Obama tried to delay the damage until after the mid terms. This figure is estimated as high as 100 million policies!

    No mention about those policies that he "delayed" a year by offering to allow insurance companies to continue offering them "into 2014" because of the public outrage at breaking his promises. Like an extra year was even a solution IF the insurance companies had been able to perform miracles.

    No mention about those already cancelled that cannot be reinstated into their old policies and may not be able to complete full and accurate enrollment by December 23, 2013 so they and their families that were thrown off of their policies by the Democrats will have insurance on January 1st, 2014.

    No mention about the cost of the program having tripled since 2010.

    No mention of the complete lack of security on the Healthcare.gov website which readily makes everyone's information open to hackers.

    I could go on but Sean Williams, as a reporter, how do you look yourself in the mirror each day. Can you say sellout?

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Iammedangit wrote:

    No, there will not be enough doctors...as many are refusing to sign up with the low rates insurance companies are offering.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:40 PM, p0rkch0pian wrote:

    Only three questions? Well then, all of the other unanswered questions are academic; everything's gonna be Okey Dokey!

    In a few years, amerikanz will appreciate what Obamsky has done to them, just as the Japanese, Germans, and Russians loved the outcomes from choosing Tojo, Adolf, and Lenin.

    Whew!

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:45 PM, kosmos wrote:

    So Sean Williams... you just want to spew more lies. We already get enough lies from Obama, MSNBC, ABC and CNN. No thanks.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:45 PM, TMFUltraLong wrote:

    rolltide11,

    Really just depends whether or not that child is your dependent. If he isn't, then he's responsible for his own insurance and the penalty that follows if he chooses to go without.

    Sean

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 5:47 PM, Hoovie70 wrote:

    Here's a question I have: If the Obama admin. is banking on young healthy adults to "support" the system, how's come the ACA allows all the young healthy adults to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26?

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 6:11 PM, SLTom992 wrote:

    Executives from MANY tech companies have stated that they could have designed and built a website that would have worked the first time out of the barrel without security flaws as this one STILL has for between $3 and $4 million. Why did it take Obama $675 for an unsecure, non-working version?

    What's more, a reporter called the "help line" and acted as if she was trying to sign up for Obama-care and asked many questions for which the "help technician" hung up on her.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 6:14 PM, SLTom992 wrote:

    Hoovie - almost no working person under the age of 26 can afford health care of any sort. Most that are working are working for minimum or near minimum wages. Therefore they would qualify for free health insurance through Obama-care.

    So Obama can instead charge Mommy and Daddy to insure them.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Total06110 wrote:

    1. Why didn't website work on 10/01?

    Because the administration failed to take responsibility for Project Management. This involves managing information transfer, having regular reviews and performing witness testing ahead of delivery. Why? Because the ACA is really just a Segway into 100% Socialized Medicine in the US.

    2. Will Millennials sign up?

    Obviously NO. They never had any interest in purchasing health insurance. It's not a sports car or an X-box. Add to that the fact that until age 26 they can now stay on dad's insurance AND that Obamacare has them paying double what the actuarial tables call for.

    3. Can our current Health Care system handle more patients?

    It's not "can", it's "will"? See, Obamacare has already excluded about 20% of practicing US doctors. Furthermore, since the majority 90% of insured are Medicaid, the MDs would have to accept lower payments. In the end, these patients WON'T see MDs; they'll see nurse-practitioners. Probably the same for Medicare patients since Obama gutted $700+ billion from that program.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 6:21 PM, fwylie70 wrote:

    My questions is the following.

    1. Why is the fact that the back part that takes the payments NOT set up?

    2. Why is it the gov't wants to just send the insur companies a blank check til the back payment is open?

    3. With all the risks and screw ups how do you know when or if your information is even sent to the insur companies? How do you pay for your insur?

    There is a lot more questions but this was just a few.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 6:39 PM, michaelmar wrote:

    my answers-

    1. Because, like most spending in this Administration (stimulus anyone?, the vendors were selected based on political connection and financial contributions to the Obama campaign.

    2. No, because people will not do things that are not in their own self interest unless compelled by force or the penalty is greater than the action...they always find a workaround or avoid it.

    3. No, because it is not the entire health care system, but only the limited networks provided under the Obamacare exchange policies, and many doctors will not take on patients that they will lose money on so will opt out or retire (see #2), and thinking individuals will want to be in the profession and dependent on the govt edicts for their livelihood will result in fewer new doctors.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 7:39 PM, fran wrote:

    Since the health insurance has obama's name on it, it seems to me he and his family should have been first to sign up for it.... Its good enough for all of us 'little people' but not for him??? He lies to the American people every day about something.. You ask me how I know hes lying???? because his mouth is open!!!!

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 7:39 PM, s4f56g wrote:

    Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 462 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-25...

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 9:21 PM, derrickhand300 wrote:

    Here is the question you need to be asking

    If insurance for me and my family is $895 per month- BUT only $225 AFTER subsisides-Where am i going to get $895 per month for 12 months to pay for the insurance until i get the subsisy at the end of the year?

    This is a question that EVERYONE who previously could not afford health insurnace is going to be asking!

    If I could not afford it BEFORE Obamacare- how am i going to come up with the money to pay the same 12 months i could not previously afford?

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 9:28 PM, VROD2003 wrote:

    The ACA aka obama care is a fiasco. It has been talkie talk talked to death. The concept is a failure from it's original conception. It is not cheaper, you can not keep your doctor, the website is ineffective, has poor poor performance, if you can get on it at all?~! The cost over runs are astronomical with more money being poured in to this titanic health care plan. It's time to see it for what it is. A foley of failures with hardship and extremely bad planning. Scrap the ACA~aka obama care. HSA~Health Saving Account for every one. No Exceptions.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 10:28 PM, bargeron wrote:

    i spent 27 years defending doctors for allegations of medical malpractice. i have deposed thousands involved in these cases and no one on the obama team are qualified to run a toy train. if anyone of them had to qualify as an expert in healthcare insurane in a court of law, who woulld make it, zero. the public and real expects, the medical community and the republicans were all shut out of putting togehter a workable healthcare plan. this is commiecare for tht is the way they operate, so don't call it obamacare although he is a commnist. by the time this pink elephant is fully implement the cost will be way over a billiondollars and thenthe american tax payr will have 21 new taxes and tens of thousands of new high pay federal employees to pick up their salaries, benefits and retirements. the cost of this will shake the fondation of this country and for what? if obamacare succeeds it will have to be revived in many ways, but i predict it will fold on its own weight. president obama should be impeached for all the lies he has told the american people, when we knew he was lying. no one will ever trust him again and for good reason.

  • Report this Comment On December 06, 2013, at 10:32 PM, bargeron wrote:

    obamacare is to complicated and to expensive, deductible to high and co-pays. where are people going to get the money to pay, for they have to wait until they file their income tax to get their credit. the deductibles are so high, tens of thousands will head to the ER rooms when they get sick for the doctors aren't going to give them credit. this is a train wreck.

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 7:24 AM, bigfoot1939 wrote:

    Answers:

    1. Barry is anti business so could not go to those with the expertise as he is smarter than anyone. Right. The true answer is that Barry and his administration are incompetent regarding large complex data systems and listened to the YES men only. Finally Michelle had a friend from Princeton.

    2. No, the young will not sign up.

    3.The "system " will fail. Insurance companies are already reducing the number of doctors and hospitals in their networks, a number of doctors are refusing to take on medicaid patients, and worse, there are no increases in doctors and/or hospital facilities to handle more "customers". What will be interesting is when all the illegals his the health system. Do you speak spanish?

    Good luck.

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 7:39 AM, Mathman6577 wrote:

    We don't care about which tech companies fixed the problem. That's firefighting mode. We care about what will happen to the future of the country and how 1/6 of the economy functions from now on. Let's focus on the important thing and not fluff stuff like Google's expertise on global source coding, etc.

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 10:25 AM, GymS wrote:

    1. Will it really lower costs? NO. Premiums, deductibles and out of pockets all rise sharply.

    2. Can I keep my doctor? NO. Mine quit, opening a Subway, refuses to have this schitthead tell him how much he is allowed to earn. (that OWS mentality)

    3. Oh wait, I see now. It has NOTHING to do with health, doctors, nurses, hospitals, medication. It's a giant tax bill, designed to bankrupt the working middle class for the commie purpose od re-distribution.

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 10:46 AM, Bluesage wrote:

    I have just two questions.....When will impeachment charges come? If they don't, when does the American Revolution start to take back our country from these fools before it's destroyed completely?

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 11:30 AM, pvellozo wrote:

    So disappointed that all of the responses are negative.Our healthcare system was already a mess with the highest costs per capita and one of the lower measured health outcomes of most developed countries. Also a high number of uninsured people. That is all of our problem to fix, not just President Obama's. This is the first attempt to get more people covered. Obviously it is not perfect. Add to that the fact that the Republican's have been no help. The liked the status quo of 50 million uninsured and denial of insurance for preexisting conditions just fine,

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 11:36 AM, plange01 wrote:

    this disaster is a gold mine for hackers and identity thieves!

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 1:28 PM, tlcjonson wrote:

    Answer # 1. Ten years experience working in health care using government websites to extract information is not easy. Since an example of a smoothly running government website doesn't exist when either party rolls out anything new, it begs the question why Republicans chose the shakiest process time to target to shut down a law in the process of being implemented? Especially since they have set up a new precedent for the future of all new laws. The vigor and ferociousness of their attack signals to me that the extremely well off who now have to pay higher taxes on their investment income to help support Obamacare helps explain. Because it would be cheaper in the long run to create fake think tanks, hire marketing firms and pay Republicans to attack Obamacare than to pay their new never before required taxes.

    Answer # 2. The evidence seems to support that young people usually respond to government requirements at the last minute so there is still time. In states that run their own health exchanges the people are finding health insurance way cheaper than anything we've seen in the past and people are actively signing up.

    Answer # 3. Before Obamacare we had so many physicians and hospitals insurers got away with slashing doctor fees. Doctors accepted this because there are so many of them they just have to take what insurers or the government dictated. Most people who live in urban areas enjoy heavy doctor concentrations. Rural areas have always had fewer doctors because many doctors don't like living in rural areas. The challenge for doctors offices and hospitals is how to reach all of the newly insured individuals because there are populations where hospitals and doctor's offices have treated certain citizens severely.

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 2:51 PM, bugmenot wrote:

    Obama elected to NOT appoint talented executives with high tech experience. Obama, the manager, appointed bureaucrats to do an executive's job. They fcked up royally. Obama made the decisions and deserves the full credit for the implementation of Obamacare. Obama should go to jail for insurance fraud for failing to use due diligence as an executive. Obama belongs in Leavenworth on death row. How many people are going to die because he made a mess of US Healthcare? Millions!

  • Report this Comment On December 07, 2013, at 11:37 PM, wilson63 wrote:

    Obama took on a challenge to deal with America's health insurance problem. Obama didn't write the health care law he signed it. Congressman and Senators in Washington drafted a bill and Obama signed it. It took over twenty years to draft this law using some of the best experts we have in this nation. Does the law cover every situation or every problem with health care? NO. What law does? Instead it tries to include the largest group of uninsured Americans. Americans who have been unfairly stereotyped by every raciest and by every narrow minded person America has to offer the world. What message do we send the world when we reduce 50 million of our own people into stereotypes like deadbeats, losers, welfare trash and countless other put downs. People should be very mindful before they show their ignorance to others and to God when writing their hate filled comments.

  • Report this Comment On December 08, 2013, at 12:00 AM, vickieski458 wrote:

    I work with insurance in the medical field and unless you are truly involved with it the media or government can feed you anything, they call it smoke screens. I have seen this coming for years, we billing people in the medical field just sat back and watched and listened to all the bull the Americans were being feed.

    First, yes our country had 15% of America uninsured, one way to take care of that is have a baby and quit your job, seems to be what they encourage. But out of those 15% many are paying cash, which is better than the write off amounts that is paid by these so called wonderful insurance companies. All businesses have losses, some do not pay, some get ripped off, but you do not see these sorts of prices. Just like the ad on TV, they say the value of the product whatever they want (value 29.99 and really is worth 2.00). Still not seeing how only 15% of the country and while some of those are paying cash, justified spending millions on something like this. I do not know, if I had a business, I would never invest unless it benefited me or had a return.. oh yea it is not his money anyways.. So why was this all needed and why do they always seem to use the excuse uninsured people caused it? In 1960’s health insurance was designed to generate money for the national debit, once they did, it was to stop…hmmmm okay now things are starting make sense, could history be repeating itself? In a nutshell and can give you a much longer list but this is just the highlights for now. You are buying snake oil and drinking the kool aid.

    First if the uninsured was really the problem then why are deductibles 6000 to 12000 (which amazing in only the last few years they have climbed that high that fast, do we smell a rat working as team towards some plot?) Now if this project is to take care of that, it will not, impossible, now we have people, the working people trying to make ends meet, working two jobs and places they hate to pay high premiums, how are they going to afford a 10,000 ded, either they will get NO health care or will not be abele to pay the bill; same result and still same problem only now we will have more of them unable to pay. This is not insurance, real insurance does not have 10,000 ded 60/40. It is unusable to the average person unless they are ready to die and if so, where did they save 10,000 plus? So what caused the rise in health cost? Real answer, drum roll.. INSURANCE, many years ago, the biggest hit was the design of PPO HMO etc. The in network plan. Why was it designed, to trap hospitals and doctors accepting their pay outs plus people had no choice it was the insurance people got from the employer and had to go where they said plus hospitals had no choice otherwise they would have no patients, PPO and HMO was designed to trap them both. Do you know that insurance maybe pays on the average 30 to 40% of the true bill? Rest they have to write off with a smile, but the person will pay 100% within his ded. Medical field takes a huge beating since they had to sell their soul to the devil, even a small office will be writing off thousands a month from being in network. So first and far most reason for cost is insurance.. so what are other things? Do you realize what it takes and cost the medical field to hire and processing equipment to just process claims, try to collect ded.. And so on? It is unreal. Unbelievable expense that is not part of any national average paid to them. We will not go into the man hours with some of these insurances. Now, the new thing just happening, the government felt a need to change the coding system, was to be up and running a few years ago but was delayed because it was so complicated (surprise). The cost of new software, training a whole new team, the new coding will have the doctor doing much more paper work rather than taking care of patients.. Why in the heck was this expense needed? There is NO control on any of these things..hmmm think someone is taking money under the table, you bet, happens all the time, money to leave them alone. Drugs expense to the doctor, out of control, some we can not even get, so they jack it up 3 times the cost. We need this for our patients; they are the important ones, but it is more about money and again no control on them. Let’s talk liability insurance, you would freak what they pay, no control on that and there could be. (again in a different form, it is insurance causing the increase) OSHA laws and other things because we are a sue happy country because it is allowed. No control. Medical supplies unreal and all the types they make you have. I first hand, saw this tool, looked like something I had in my body shop no bigger than my finger, $36,000 for it.. yep, happening all the time..NO control, the only control is on what someone is worth and how much they will get out of it. Now lets rethink really where the high rise in medical care is.. Non insured is an issue, but they are smoke screening the real issue. There are other things but this is the tip of it.

  • Report this Comment On December 08, 2013, at 12:59 AM, vickieski458 wrote:

    Okay now using the term deadbeat. Unless you are close to this environment you have no clue. To me the term dead beat is the one’s on the system, not paying into it or never did. I agree, many deserve it and are grateful, the women when the provider a banded them, I have seen ones who were on it and got off as soon as they could, plus I have seen ones who should get help be turned down. I have seen people who are not working, just got here from another country and getting it all provided??? What? Oh yea, one I know decided to come to this country to have her baby here because they will all get paid for. God Bless America the land of free, unless you work and live here, then it is not. Save it for the person who is truly disabled and not just having a sore neck, I mean disabled. Sad thing I have seen over and over, the ones who need it are not getting it, yet others, do not know how it happens but have no problem getting it, no problem staying on it, like they have some frequent flyer card. The new policy is encouraging more to get on the system. Are you kidding me? This is where the issue should be not the small 15% uninsured where most are paying cash for services. Do what needs to be done. No, you will not be a popular person but it has to be done, small things like a limit of 2 children otherwise on your own. You must be a working citizen at one point or another otherwise you come here, you are on your own. Getting more control and stricter laws on dead beat dads, do not make it so easy. It is not fair to the working poor to be spending years working so dead beats can live off the system getting it free (might I add no ded or copays..wow.. The red carpet.. no responsibility at all!) Then for most of those working poor, employers do not provide insurance they cannot it is too expensive, they created the monster to be expense. Or they will not hire full time, those people are not only paying for the dead beats who made choices in life we have to pay for they are getting something that is not even qualified as insurance at high rates as a reward. The elder needs to be treated better, they get worse insurance then Medicaid and not even dental yet they are the ones who worked their whole life and paid into it, they are getting ripped off royal. What is wrong with this picture and why is not the true issue being take care of? This new policy is generating more people on the system and they are wanting to .. are you kidding me? I have seen so much it would make you just want to give up. You are not talking to someone who grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth, no I was a single mom raising my kids mostly on a waitress income, but refused to take hand outs, we got very creative in making ends meet. Like I always tolda my kids, to know the true meaning of grateful is to suffer first. There is no suffering, the education is paid, all the meals at school, medical, dental, food, housing plus many other extras. I live on the border of any help, so in the long run they are living a better carefree life than I. Not fair since I am paying for it to happen for them. Other countries have mandatory insurance, they have for years.. but get this.. no one gets it free, everyone pays something and teaching their country to be responsible.. boy can we learn from that.

  • Report this Comment On December 08, 2013, at 4:59 AM, jocitiz3n wrote:

    It will be young and old signing up.

    All will have one thing in common, they will all have health issues.

  • Report this Comment On December 08, 2013, at 11:38 AM, lobo30214 wrote:

    I wonder when in january we will begin to hear the horror stories:

    Family had insurance for years. Family lost insurance due to the ACA. Family doesn't have new insurance by Jan 1 because of the problems with healthcare.gov...or because they can't afford it...or because they were a little slow getting it going. Family gets T-boned on the way to visit grandma of Jan 2. Family has $750000 in uncovered medical bills. Good-bye house. Good-bye college for the kids. Good-bye comfortable retirement for mom and dad.

    Thank you ACA. Another family dependent on the government to make ends meet and forced to vote democrat to keep the "entitlements" flowing.

  • Report this Comment On December 12, 2013, at 12:24 PM, SkepikI wrote:

    The headline in my paper yesterday was "Cover Oregon backlog: 30,000" the story goes on to explain the website is inoperable for health insurance applications and they are using PAPER applications which are not being processed at anywhere near the rates needed. Furthermore most of these will be unable to show they have health insurance by the deadline because they simply wont have enrollment packets....

    You might recall that Oregon was held up as an prime example of the success of state exchanges and as one that is doing it right....they spent $20 million on TV commercials and folk singers prepromoting the website that doesn't work, Cover Oregon. We observant taxpayers call it Coverup Oregon....

    The execs and board of Cover Oregon are largely state and public sector workers "selected" for their connections to someone in the organization. The CEO just left for "medical reasons" and pledges to come back. There's irony for you. The next day the "temporary CEO" whose day job is Chief of the State's Human Services Organization held a press conference to admit that the website would not work anytime soon and announce the facts that led to the headline I cited above.

    YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!

Add your comment.

Sponsored Links

Leaked: Apple's Next Smart Device
(Warning, it may shock you)
The secret is out... experts are predicting 458 million of these types of devices will be sold per year. 1 hyper-growth company stands to rake in maximum profit - and it's NOT Apple. Show me Apple's new smart gizmo!

DocumentId: 2755021, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 8/23/2014 3:34:46 AM

Report This Comment

Use this area to report a comment that you believe is in violation of the community guidelines. Our team will review the entry and take any appropriate action.

Sending report...


Advertisement