The farm can produce enough electricity to power around 3,500 homes, and all the power has been sold to Pinnacle West Capital Corporation's Arizona Public Service Company under a 30-year power purchase agreement.
"PSEG Solar Source is pleased to add a second Arizona project to our growing solar fleet," said Diana Drysdale, President of PSEG Solar Source. "PSEG Solar Source is actively seeking additional utility-sized solar projects in the U.S., where companies either need to meet renewable energy requirements or want to offer their customers clean, emissions-free solar energy."
This is PSEG's second solar facility in Arizona, and its sixth nationwide.
PSEG Solar Source currently owns:
- PSEG Milford (Del.) Solar Farm, a 15 MW DC solar farm.
- PSEG Queen Creek (Ariz.) Solar Farm, a 25 MW DC solar farm.
- PSEG Wyandot (Ohio) Solar Farm, a 12 MW DC solar farm.
- PSEG Jacksonville (Fla.) Solar Farm, a 15 MW DC solar farm.
- Mars Solar Garden, a 2.2 MW DC facility adjacent to Mars Snackfood's U.S. headquarters in Hackettstown, N.J.
PSEG says it relied on a variety of corporations to bring its latest project to fruition, including Juwi Solar for development and construction, Canadian Solar for the panels, Array Technologies for the automatic sun tracking system, and Power One for power inverters.