Sony's PlayStation 4 Completely Dominates Microsoft's Xbox One

In the battle for console supremacy currently under way between Japanese electronics giant Sony (NYSE: SNE  ) and software powerhouse Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT  ) , the hypothetical scoreboard currently reads...

Sony 6 million, Microsoft, well... a lot less than that.

Truth be told, few know exactly how many Xbox One's Microsoft has sold since its debut late last year. However, as was implied once again this week, Sony appears to be pulling ahead more each week in the race to control this major tech market.

Diverging directions
On February 18, Sony let slip that it had reached 5.3 million PlayStation 4 sales. That figure was impressive in and of itself, as Sony had said it had originally hoped to reach 5 million PS4 sales by the start of March. However, the most recent sales figures paint PS4 sales as actually accelerating. Sony owes the recent PS4 sales surge in large part to a highly successful launch in its home market of Japan, in which it apparently sold some 370,000 since it launched. Quite the feat any way you slice it.

Source: Sony

Microsoft has remained tight-lipped lately regarding the health of its Xbox One sales. And although it has its hands full with its well-publicized management reshuffling, rumor has it Microsoft's Xbox One sales remain mired somewhere closer to 4 million units sold, as tech and telecom analyst Andrew Tonner discusses in the video below.

Forget video games, this new technology boom is preparing to take off
Let's face it, every investor wants to get in on revolutionary ideas before they hit it big. Like buying PC-maker Dell in the late 1980s, before the consumer computing boom. Or purchasing stock in e-commerce pioneer Amazon.com in the late 1990s, when it was nothing more than an upstart online bookstore. The problem is, most investors don't understand the key to investing in hyper-growth markets. The real trick is to find a small-cap "pure-play" and then watch as it grows in EXPLOSIVE lockstep with its industry. Our expert team of equity analysts has identified one stock that's poised to produce rocket-ship returns with the next $14.4 TRILLION industry. Click here to get the full story in this eye-opening report.


Read/Post Comments (48) | Recommend This Article (12)

Comments from our Foolish Readers

Help us keep this a respectfully Foolish area! This is a place for our readers to discuss, debate, and learn more about the Foolish investing topic you read about above. Help us keep it clean and safe. If you believe a comment is abusive or otherwise violates our Fool's Rules, please report it via the Report this Comment Report this Comment icon found on every comment.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 1:20 PM, JaredM80 wrote:

    who cares, I only play games for the story and gameplay. graphics is just a plus, and who cares if games aren't 1080p/60fps they still look great.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 1:47 PM, merkindanoobs wrote:

    What the article fails to mention is that there have been over 600,000 PS4 consoles sold in Japan, while the XBOX One has NOT been released there yet......

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 1:56 PM, miker529 wrote:

    I don't personally care about graphics as much as gameplay/story but the point is they lied about a main selling point of the system. Talk about dirty marketing.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 1:57 PM, paul4538 wrote:

    I know I'm over simplifying this since the costs vary regionally but....

    4,000,000 Xbox One's sold at $499 = About $2,000,000,000 Gross Sales

    6,000,000 PS4's sold at $399 = About $2,400,000,000 Gross Sales

    Wouldn't exactly called that "mired"

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:01 PM, JWSviper wrote:

    Enough of this crap already! Seriously! How can you start off your article with a half statistic? Sony 6 million, Microsoft... I have no clue, I'm writing a biased article for a meager paycheck. Somewhere close to 4 million units is a guess. You wrote an article about domination without anything proving the domination. I wanted to see dominating facts and you presented a paragraph of steaming bull poo..

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:03 PM, paul4538 wrote:

    I know I'm over simplifying this since the costs vary regionally but....

    4,000,000 Xbox One's sold at $499 = About $2,000,000,000 Gross Sales

    Margin is $28 per unit making for a profit of $112,000,000

    6,000,000 PS4's sold at $399 = About $2,400,000,000 Gross Sales

    Margin is $18 per unit making for a profit of $108,000,000

    Wouldn't exactly called that "mired", sounds like Microsoft is making more front end money.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:20 PM, co30op wrote:

    I'm betting you're going to see a huge swing in about 6mos or so. A lot of gamers haven't moved to the new generation of Xboxs yet, because they haven't found a way to mod them. As soon as C4EVA or ixtreme finally break the coding, Xbox sales will go through the roof.

    By the 1yr point, I'd bet M$'s sales will top sony's by at 10-15%.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:22 PM, JJ82 wrote:

    1. The One did not sell 4 million units. The last number given was 3.2 million and there is NO CHANCE IN HELL it sold 800,000 since then because MS would be slamming the press with those numbers.

    2. The only people even attempting to make it sound like graphics mean nothing are the same fanboys that said it made all the difference, between the 360 and PS3.

    3. Deal with reality. The PS4 is far superior and MS has pissed off too many people with their "vision" they said we had no choice but take part in. They shot themselves in the foot, then in the ass.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Theinsultedelf wrote:

    PS2 > xbox

    360 > PS3

    Too early to say about the PS4 and XB1 yet. M$ seems to be going out of it's way to do everything wrong they can to turn people off of their new console and better get their heads out of their anal orifice.

    They keep wanting to push niche customers as the majority customer. The XB1 isn't the PS3 where non gamer bought because it was the cheapest BR player available at the time so people aren't going to buy a XB1 just to watch TV & movies. They can do that on a PC/Tablet/PS3/360/PS4 as well. Stop with the gadgets and return to the core gaming experience. Same with Kinect most every one of my buddies and my sons buddies hate Kinect. It worked on the Wii but both Sony's and M$ motion detection is generally crap for the type games that are generally made for the PC/360/PS3/XB1/PS4

    I'm not a graphics ho but really for the XB1 not to be fully 1080, a 2005 standard on PC's, is just insulting to the customer, shameful and indicative of cost cutting. Just as with Win8, Ballmer and his brown nosing yes men refused to listen to the customer and set out to create a product for a non-existent customer Tablets while a great tool and certainly worth getting a share of the OS market for them, you don't base your desktop UI off of it ticking off the majority of desktop users. The same with a console. A console is for gaming first and foremost. It may do other things but if it doesn't do the games as good or better than the competition it's going to fail.

    Whats the use of buying a new console if the experience isn't going to be over the top better than the last gen? No console maker has an excuse for not knowing what most the gamers were looking forward to in the next gen of consoles.

    When all is said and done though, the only thing that will decide the success or failure of these consoles is the GAMES. GAMES sell consoles. The one that has the most games people want to play will win in the end. All the peripheral stuff like motion controls, music, TV, and movies is irrelevant to selling consoles..

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Death215 wrote:

    These Sony articles/posts whatever you wanna call them are getting old fast.

    Are online writers not able to write about anything worth reading these days.

    Same old crap just another post. No one cares about how awesome the playstation 4 is compared to the xbox one.

    1. There are barely no games out to really judge them.

    2. Xbox one games will get better as time goes.

    3. Most articles talk about minor differences most people cant even see.

    4. Nintendo has always been known as the lesser system compared to the two and also held its own.

    5. Real gamers care about the games not minor differences.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:33 PM, Devantesweet wrote:

    Never fails, everytime I come on yahoo there is an article about PS4 dominating the XboxOne. Makes me wonder if the writers are being paid by sony to write this crap twice a day. It is ridiculous and a blind person can see the hypocrisy in these daily onesided articles.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:42 PM, dappleby wrote:

    Can anyone else tell that Motley Fool wants you to buy SOny stock?

    PS3 just got HBO GO this week for a last generation system. Sony is always years behind what Microsoft is doing and always will be. This business is all about content, and XBOX1 is dominating in original content and they haven't released Titanfall yet.

    Miker529: How can you say that you don't care about graphic? PS4's only true advantage was that it was 1080p/60fps, so if they lied, then Sony has no true competitive advantage over XBOX1.

    The Xbox will have better original content in the long run, with tv shows, games and technology and right now it is the closest thing I have ever seen to replacing my cable box. Voice commands to change channels, pause tv, turn on and off all of my media devices. PS4 is like a ps3 slim, its marginally better than the PS3, but lacks true content and usability.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:49 PM, Raptr117 wrote:

    I think they are both excellent consoles. I don't own either but I have many friends who have them.

    Now of course I'm a bit biased since I own the 360 now and plan to get a One later on. I mainly want the One for the next-gen Xbox exclusives. For example, Halo, Forza, Titanfall, etc. And plus, Xbox is about to release a software update for the One to make it a bit more stable. The Xbox One has a lot of innovations compared to the PS4, rumble triggers, the Kinect 2.0, snap mode, etc. The PS4 is basically a rebranded, high-powered PS3 with a new controller and some extras. I am definitely getting the Xbox One but I need to get the money first. All these "PS4 is the better console!!!" is bullsh!t. They are both basically the same with a few minor differences. To most it's about the specs. For the rest, it's about the games.

    It should always be about the games.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 2:49 PM, supercoven wrote:

    Well, when you factor in the fact that the PS4 is available in over 50 markets. where the new xbox is only available in 13, only selling a million less is pretty phenomenal.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 3:11 PM, supercoven wrote:

    Well, when you factor in the fact that the PS4 is available in over 50 markets. where the new xbox is only available in 13, only selling a million less is pretty phenomenal.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Reaper434 wrote:

    Most of these articles about the PS4 has mostly been biased, propaganda much.. It's not so much of the people complaining being fanboys as anyone would have an outcry over such biased articles based on X1 or PS4.. This is why yahoo is garbage for letting sh*t like this to filter to the story section. I only switch to yahoo to see the stories that get's posted below because it gives me a good laugh. Google all day every day! :)

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 3:25 PM, Reaper434 wrote:

    Also the 360 was the winner of last generation for a long time, if you want to go as low as to give a winner (I really don't agree with stating a winner and a loser when it's purely for entertainment) The ps3 and 360 near the end of the cycle of their life span was neck and neck with sales. So the fact that one got blown out early on doesn't mean anything 3 or 4 years down the road. The consoles just released, how about we give it a couple years before people start hating on others platform of choice. Also I am not pro ps4, or pro x1, I love games in general I don't care what platform it is on, to think that people think that they owe loyalty to a specific console just because they bought it is silly.. I congratulate Sony for a awesome launch, and I'm sure Microsoft isn't scared they are going to go bankrupt off of being outsold by like 2 million units.. lol

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Dogmantis wrote:

    i like how these kids think they know the future of both consoles. saying which will have the better content. they both have excellent exclusives. more? not so sure. saying "ps4 is the better console. is crap(see i didnt have to curse)." sorry but the specs kinda say that it is. now as far as multimedia functionality, sure, xbox prolly takes that one. but as a gamer, i never watch tv, i barely watch movies. and i dont want everything passing through a console. im a graphics whore, so these little differences matter to me and yes my eyes can tell. its also why i have a gaming pc. so i get MOST gaming content without all the extra hassle. the question is posed often. "why so much coverage on sony". they are top dog right now. this is how it was during the xbox360 era. this is par for the course.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 3:36 PM, Droppo wrote:

    Sales mean little so early one when there are so few games available for each console. A year would need to pass before you can get an accurate feel for success of each console. As it looks right now, BOTH are off to a great start whether one of them is selling more or not. Millions of consoles sold within a few months is very good.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 3:41 PM, Nightrob wrote:

    First off with MS on the verge of reducing the price of the X1 and Titanfall bundles about to be released anyone who wants the X1 would not buy it leading up to these two events. Why should they? These type of irresponsibly written articles should not be published until the X1 is released globally. MS still has 37 countries to launch in. No matter if many of those favor PS4 or not they will still sell quite a few X1 systems there.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 4:01 PM, whitewolf676 wrote:

    I have both systems I play my xbox one a lot more them my ps4 I have way more fun on xbox one better games

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 4:35 PM, Pvt1stGamer wrote:

    Actually Killzone's single player campaign is 1080p at 60fps. It's funny how some of the "other" platform gamers are trying really hard to make Sony look bad. Lol. smh.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 4:40 PM, Wolfwitch314 wrote:

    Why do people care about specs and sales when it all comes down to what we need as a gamer!

    I don't care about all the crap that comes with a game system, because all this extra stuff has nothing to do with me playing a video game and costs a freakin fortune just to buy a system, adding the net was helpful, otherwise smh!

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 4:47 PM, ComeOnNow78 wrote:

    Sony could have a lot more sales, if they would push out more of the product. Every time I go to Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc.... I see three to four X1 systems sitting on the shelves and no PS4 systems available.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 4:50 PM, kbstunna wrote:

    I think its funny how people keep saying xbox one can't produce games at 1080p at 60 fps. The developers for Wolfenstein came out and announced that the game will be 1080p at 60 fps on both systems. So with that being said, it's not microsofts system that can't produce it's these developers are rushing these games and not carrying about making it the best for both systems.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 7:00 PM, rons23 wrote:

    Im so tired of hearing about how better sony is going to be over xbox. It is what it is. Im a xbox user and play halo so i don;t give a flying fu%$ what the outcome is. Xbox will be fine for my gaming needs. if i want to watch blu ray i have a samsung smart player. In another 6 months or so we will see who's draggin the wagon FOOLS

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 7:15 PM, bigbois wrote:

    WOW!!! did Andrew Tonner just reference himself in the article?

    Does Motley Fool have to publish a negative Xbox One article every other day because of some connection to Sony?

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 7:18 PM, OldSkewel wrote:

    I want to know who in America has a job that makes enough money to afford plunking down a grand for a system and two or three games? Maybe all those countries we continue to give money to will pay us back soon? (Yeah, I know; I ain't holdin' my breath...)

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 7:57 PM, cluckey wrote:

    The first 3 comments just goes to show how much people actually know about gaming.

    Ill split my comment up 3 ways.

    Paul- Microsoft and Sony could care less how much revenue these systems bring in. The system that sells the most has a larger user base and thus will buy more games. Any next-gen exclusive will now sell much better on PS4 than X1. This also makes it so devs tailor their games for the system with the most users. Kind of like how PS3 got watered down multi-platform games last gen because the x-box had the edge in console sales.

    Jared- You are exactly right. The story is more important. Thats why X-box multiplayer only games will not do as well and will not help sell as much as they could. Naughty Dog the best developer around right now develops for Sony. Not to mention then 10 other devs that Sony owns that are better than anything Xbox owns. So the best games and stories are likely to come from Sony. Just like it did last gen.

    merkindanoobs- You are right PS4 has released in Japan and X1 hasn't. Does that matter? No, Because X1 would be lucky to even sell 100k consoles their this year. My guess is 50k. X1 might not even sell in Japan because of how strong PS4 is doing there. Even in the US PS4 is winning. If X1 can't win that market they don't have a chance because the rest of the world overwhelmingly has chosen Sony over the past 10 years.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 8:05 PM, pillar81 wrote:

    COMPLETELY Dominates? Umm, yeaah, We'll just have to wait and see. That could all change when Titanfall comes out.

    Oh and to all the "they gotta be in bed with Sony" people, it seems the shoe is now on the other foot.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 11:25 PM, ShepardRahl wrote:

    I see the xbone fanboy damage control is in overdrive.

    "What the article fails to mention is that there have been over 600,000 PS4 consoles sold in Japan, while the XBOX One has NOT been released there yet......" - Japan isn't a factor as far as the xbone goes. The 360 sold piss poor there and I doubt the xbone will do any better. And it's not even releasing there until late this year.

    "Wouldn't exactly called that "mired", sounds like Microsoft is making more front end money." - There is always one fanboy that tries to say..."Well the xbox is $100 more so in the end Microsoft will make more money...so...so....ha!" Hahaha!!! Because money always equals quality right? Hahaha!!!

    "1. There are barely no games out to really judge them." - The PS4 has 42 games out for it right now. And the xbone has 32. Yet I keep hearing that the PS4 has no games.....when it has more than the xbone. But I guess anything under 100 means they have barely any games right?

    "2. Xbox one games will get better as time goes." - If they can't hit 1080p now then I doubt it.

    "3. Most articles talk about minor differences most people cant even see." - More like the differences the people with the weaker console fail to acknowledge not wanting them to be true.

    "4. Nintendo has always been known as the lesser system compared to the two and also held its own." - I guess that's why the WiiU is flying off the shelves huh? Handhelds are the only thing keeping Nintendo going.

    "5. Real gamers care about the games not minor differences." - While I agree with this to a point, those "minor differences" can effect the gaming experience.

    "The PS4 is basically a rebranded, high-powered PS3 with a new controller and some extras." - Somebody always pulls this tired one out. If you mean the PS4 is a next gen gaming console instead of a glorified cable box with the extra ability to play last gen graphic games then yes.

    "Also the 360 was the winner of last generation for a long time" - Yep. All those RRoD's sure racked up. Nevermind the fact that it was released a full year before the PS3, and that the PS3 was actually outselling the 360 in the last few years of last gen.

    "First off with MS on the verge of reducing the price of the X1 and Titanfall bundles." - MS is only doing the price drop in the U.K. because the xbone sales there are abysmal.

    "I have both systems I play my xbox one a lot more them my ps4 I have way more fun on xbox one better games" - Bullsh!t

    "I think its funny how people keep saying xbox one can't produce games at 1080p at 60 fps. The developers for Wolfenstein came out and announced that the game will be 1080p at 60 fps on both systems. So with that being said, it's not microsofts system that can't produce it's these developers are rushing these games and not carrying about making it the best for both systems." - Nevermind the fact that numerous developers have publicly said that it's the hardware in the xbone, specifically the esRAM, that is holding back development. Sorry.

    "Im so tired of hearing about how better sony is going to be over xbox. It is what it is. Im a xbox user and play halo so i don;t give a flying fu%$ what the outcome is." - Apparently you do give a flying fu%$ if you are this angry commenting on an article about how the PS4 is dominating the xbone.

    "You are exactly right. The story is more important. Thats why X-box multiplayer only games will not do as well and will not help sell as much as they could." - Correct. This is why Titanfall will fail. They have already cancelled it for South Africa. EA has already said publicly that it regrets making Titanfall a Microsoft exclusive. Some people will get it on 360, others will get it for PC, and most people that want it for the xbone have already bought their console. I doubt Titanfall will do all that much to move more hardware. Their only real saving grace is Halo and by that time it will be too late to make that much of a difference.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 11:26 PM, EddieEsco wrote:

    lol, love how upset the XB1 fanboys are.

    I wonder why MS has been so quiet about their sales figures lately. PS4 on the other hand, seems like they are selling a million consoles a month.

    Sorry, MS, but until you drop worthless gimmick Kinect or price, I'm not buying it.

    Can't wait until MS releases total XB1/Xbox 360 sales as one figure to try to spin total sales of the XB1 again lol.

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 11:42 PM, weusi2 wrote:

    @co30op: Why are you narking?

  • Report this Comment On March 08, 2014, at 11:43 PM, Anebula wrote:

    The reality is that it doesn't really matter about sales of systems. PS4, or Xbox One.. what really matters is the games themselves. Each has their respective titles and depending on the end user and the experience they have is what truly matters. I own a PS4.. previously an Xbox One and I like both systems. True fact is I also own a smaller system called the Ouya which has over 500 games for it already and with a few of the games on it I play it more than my PS4 while I wait for newer games to be released on the PS4. So, in a way (for me at least) the Ouya wins over both of the other systems. Also, the One has a camera that comes with the system and made it nice when playing games such as the Dance game .. where as the PS4 has the same game.. getting a camera for the PS4 is almost impossible right now.. unless one is willing to hand over a hundred or more dollars which I'm not. I'm patient enough to wait until they become easier to get and at the price Sony is suggesting. But PS4 or One like I said.. it's all about the experience and the software. Good things are coming just a matter of time. Still, I opted to exchange my One for a PS4 because I saw indie titles being made for the PS4 where One turned away such titles and sometimes its the indie titles that turn out to be the best. Of course with all things.. this is my opinion.. think what you want..

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 12:56 AM, Jdzspace wrote:

    Some of the guys are just super hyped up fanboys. I love it when Microsoft people say "PS4 is available in 50 countries, while Microsoft is only in 13".

    which by the way was only true the first month of release.

    and more importantly, every market that offers both systems, Sony is outselling them 2:1 on the low end.

    there is no competition, Microsoft barely even outsold the Wii U in February.

    there is no console war, it's over, time to wrap it up and retreat to your corners. enjoy whichever one you chose, but the pecking order is more or less set.

    what Microsoft needs to do is hope it can catch the Wii U, which at the moment it is no where near. granted it came out a year before Microsoft, but Sony passed them up inside of 90 days.

    wonder how long it will take microsoft.......if they can at all

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 3:19 AM, taker36 wrote:

    i hope i'm not the only one who's sick of all this crap about the PSwhore..it's gettn old..

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 3:54 AM, Bunnyking77 wrote:

    The XBOXone is a bad idea and like most bad ideas in gaming that don't become internet memes, it has gone the way of the Wii U.

    The difference between Nintendo and Microscam is that I want Nintendo to succeed and I still love their games. Microscams problem is it only does video games for the money, that's all.

    You gotta love it and you gotta love your fans.

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 4:20 AM, JoeLemon wrote:

    Microsoft investors are asking of them to drop the xbox that is how bad it is doing.

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 5:41 AM, sternfan wrote:

    When Titanfall hits (and is included for free with a new console) I'm guessing that Xbox sales will get a big boost.

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 6:44 AM, TR1CKEY wrote:

    Wow here's a surprise another motley article slamming the xbox. I'm sure the ps4 being released in twice as many countries has nothing to do with them leading sales. And now it's coming out that the ps4 is advertising games at 1080 and they are not 1080. Say what you will about ms but at least they are up front with their customers. I remember a time when people would say the p.s. Is better cause the psn was free. At least we don't have to hear that anymore. For me multiplayer is more of a selling point than 1080 graphics. And I'm not saying the xbox one slacks in the graphics department because if you compare the 360 ghost to the xbox one ghost there is noticeable upgrade in graphics.

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 8:26 AM, TRBundro wrote:

    Last Generation was actually won by the Nintendo Wii.... The Wii sold over 100 million consoles, xbox360 and PS3 were not even close.... The Wii U is starting to pick up a lot of sales with Smash Brothers and Mario Kart due to come out soon. I love how everyone is trying to say either Microsoft of Sony won last gen, not even close.....

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 9:52 AM, URALLFOOLS wrote:

    Well looks like I will have to get rid of my Xbox One now because someone said Sony has outsold Microsoft 3 months into sales. Apparently there will never be any good games on the Xbox One and MS has given up any hope of selling any of their consoles to anyone. 6 million to 4 million is such a thrashing that MS might as well give up and just sell off the Xbox division. Sony is going to now make an OS for PCs and then MS will have to completely fold up and Sony will be number one in PC sales for hardware and software... (End Sarcastic Rant)

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 10:01 AM, McSniperliger wrote:

    Nearly all the games out right now are cross platform...Playstation 3 and 4 Xbox one and 360...so they can't be what the optimal is. I don't give...about graphics or online play. I only care about the story line. I don;t need 60FPS or 1080P. A lot of people who do YouTube and Twitch streaming use the Xbox One because you can easily do it...PS4 not so easily.

    A lot of people bought Call of Duty Ghosts on the 360 and Ps3, a few bought them on the new consoles but more so on the older.

    Consoles are nothing compared to PC superiority. You can upgrade a computer than a console. A console your stuck with last year's technology for 10 years. PC your stuck with last month's technology for a bit, but can easily upgrade for about half or the same amount as a console.

    1080P you can get the full benefits on a 30+ inch screen TV...not so much on anything smaller. Within a year or so 4K resolution will be out and that's much better than 1080P..so both consoles will be outdated by then.

    If Xbox One fails like the Wii U did MicroSoft will not go out of business...people seem to fail that MicroSoft's main backbone is not gaming but software. Every other year it seems like they have a bad OS, next one will be better than 8.

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 11:07 AM, VTS wrote:

    Just looked at the numbers.. profit.. MS is getting there money up front for sure.

    I had a PS4 but was getting all kinds of problems playing online. (BF4) switched to Xbox.. wow what a difference. Xbox has the edge over PS4 in that area. (online gaming)

    Also I do believe it is all about the games, Xbox just has a better line up of games, sorry Sony... tried your way..

    Hey what's up with the services you are trying to offer TV streaming .. hum sounds like someone trying to get into the same market as MS.

  • Report this Comment On March 09, 2014, at 12:09 PM, DrTek wrote:

    What a Fanboy! Why does this site even exist? I love the fact that the PS4 is requiring a PS Plus sub. How much is that per month?

    Anytime I am feeling down, I come here, and it is always good for not only a chuckle, but a big 'ol belly laugh.

    Thanks for cheering me up Toner.

  • Report this Comment On March 10, 2014, at 11:27 AM, chomskyknows wrote:

    6 to 4 is complete domination? Unsubscribing from this childish blog...

  • Report this Comment On March 10, 2014, at 12:09 PM, Mailman58 wrote:

    Lets get some things straight. I have a PS3 and 360. I decided to buy a PS4 first and I will end up getting a Xbox1 eventually. Xbox has great games like Halo and Gears. PS4 has good games too like MLB the Show and Uncharted and so forth. I do play my PS3 and PS4 a lot more than my Xbox360.

    I don't understand why Xbox fans are making excuses for M$. Sony is kicking M$ in units sold. Take money out of the equation. PS4 is being sold in a lot more countries than XBone. That is M$ fault for not selling in more countries don't bash Sony for being smart.

    If it was M$ outselling Sony then the M$ fans would be running their mouths the same. Obviously XBone is in trouble for them to discount the consoles already. Offering Titan Fall for free to sell consoles is not a good sign. I am going to buy the game for PC because it blows the 360 and XBone away. I am very curious how much this is going to help M$ in selling more XBone's.

  • Report this Comment On March 17, 2014, at 6:55 PM, elle33 wrote:

    Looks like most gamers feel that Playtation now's

    game rental prices are unfair, at least that's what

    it looks like here:

    http://opi.cc/6ZXSQbOGCK60VF6B

Add your comment.

Sponsored Links

Leaked: Apple's Next Smart Device
(Warning, it may shock you)
The secret is out... experts are predicting 458 million of these types of devices will be sold per year. 1 hyper-growth company stands to rake in maximum profit - and it's NOT Apple. Show me Apple's new smart gizmo!

DocumentId: 2868131, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 9/15/2014 9:14:30 PM

Report This Comment

Use this area to report a comment that you believe is in violation of the community guidelines. Our team will review the entry and take any appropriate action.

Sending report...


Advertisement