In this segment from Friday's Where the Money Is, Motley Fool financial analysts Matt Koppenheffer and David Hanson take a question from a Fool reader, who writes, " [I] recently read about how Intel (and maybe others) employs a full-time 'futurist' to help predict social/ economic /technological trends. What are your thoughts (Yes or No) on the following future possibilities becoming enough of a reality within 10-15 yrs to 'significantly' affect related businesses:
1) Driver-less cars make collision insurance obsolete (Geico)
2) Global food culture shifts, dramatically reducing sugary drink consumption (Coca-Cola)
3) Home 3-D printing significantly disrupts shipping of physical products (FedEx)
4) Online and mobile payment players offer retail banking and loans services (PayPal)
5) Low cost, online higher education gains real legitimacy, significantly disrupts brick and mortar colleges .
6) Routine medical checkups are completed free of human doctors (IBM)
7) Battery powered vehicles outnumber gas powered vehicles (Tesla, ExxonMobil)
8) A man-made machine will become self-aware.
9) Alternative energy sources (wind/solar/hydro) produce more power than fossil fuels (ExxonMobil)
10) Major low wage employer becomes unionized (Wal-Mart, McDonalds))
Want a little certainty in your future? Here are three great stocks to buy and forget.
As every savvy investor knows, Warren Buffett didn't make billions by betting on half-baked stocks. He isolated his best few ideas, bet big, and rode them to riches, hardly ever selling. You deserve the same. That's why our CEO, legendary investor Tom Gardner, has permitted us to reveal The Motley Fool's 3 Stocks to Own Forever. These picks are free today! Just click here now to uncover the three companies we love.