The Real Reason Warren Buffett Is Worth $65 Billion

Photo: Young Productions

Warren Buffett is one of the richest men in the world. However, by his own confession, he isn't one of the smartest men in the world. 

Buffett has made billions investing in the stock market and building his conglomerate empire, Berkshire Hathaway -- but these incredible results are a result of a consistent system (and luck) rather than genius brains alone.

Almost no investment isn't affected by some element of luck -- both good and bad luck. Warren Buffett realizes this and does everything in his power to minimize the impact of this luck. He does this by following a consistent method when its comes to investing and running this business. Regardless of what is happening in the economy or on Capitol Hill, Buffett sticks with what he knows and pounces on his opportunity when it arises. 

In the following video, Motley Fool analysts David Hanson and Tyler Riggs discuss what makes Buffett such a successful investors, which Berkshire Hathaway businesses are the best, and tell viewers what they can learn from Buffett.

Warren Buffett just bought nearly 9 million shares of this company
Imagine a company that rents a very specific and valuable piece of machinery for $41,000… per hour (that’s almost as much as the average American makes in a year!). And Warren Buffett is so confident in this company’s can’t-live-without-it business model, he just loaded up on 8.8 millionshares. An exclusive, brand-new Motley Fool report reveals the company we’re calling OPEC’s Worst Nightmare. Just click HERE to uncover the name of this industry-leading stock… and join Buffett in his quest for a veritable LANDSLIDE of profits!


Read/Post Comments (7) | Recommend This Article (12)

Comments from our Foolish Readers

Help us keep this a respectfully Foolish area! This is a place for our readers to discuss, debate, and learn more about the Foolish investing topic you read about above. Help us keep it clean and safe. If you believe a comment is abusive or otherwise violates our Fool's Rules, please report it via the Report this Comment Report this Comment icon found on every comment.

  • Report this Comment On April 27, 2014, at 1:59 PM, BeeboBlackerby wrote:

    If you knew Warren Buffet personally, you would know that Warren BUffet doesn't have a friend in the entire world.

    Not one, nor ever has.

    The guy is easily the biggest failure the country has ever produced.

    Just like his Daddy, the Republican Congressman from Nebraska.

    Maybe not the biggest.

    There is a Republican Congressman from Nebraska named Hal Daub whose only real claim to success is rape and heroin trafficking to children as well as building his own Vietcong guerilla army in Omaha.

    If you call that success.

    And it's only due to the incompetence and complacity of the Omaha Police Division.

    Google or otherwise search using the term "Daubergate Rape" or get on USENET and check out the pics with the posts.

    That's an actual rape taking place, not committed by Hal Daub, but just as violent.

  • Report this Comment On April 27, 2014, at 2:06 PM, ChuckXX wrote:

    Truly a dumb story.

  • Report this Comment On April 27, 2014, at 5:22 PM, FoolTheRest wrote:

    Beebo,

    Your rant almost makes an effective straw man. You need to conclude with how the logic leap is made from Buffett being the second greatest US failure by having no friends to how he could be #1 by engaging in more rape, drug and child trafficking, and secret assemblies of foreign communist paramilitary organizations.

    FTR

  • Report this Comment On April 27, 2014, at 5:31 PM, VegasSmitty wrote:

    The biggest reason is he's a Republican, not a Democrat!

  • Report this Comment On April 27, 2014, at 8:45 PM, shineridge wrote:

    Warren Buffet , a GAMBLER who never does a lick of actual work.

  • Report this Comment On April 28, 2014, at 9:21 AM, alan0101 wrote:

    This site, TMF, ha sreally dumbed down, even for current standards. Just look at the ridiculous comments below, all of them, truly asinine. Of course, if you have a kid who looks like he has the experience levek of WEB left foot pinkie, going on about a sytem and luck and inteligence, well he clearly knows NOTHING about investing, so why is he on TMF and wasting our time? WEB is smarter than both original fools combined, has a better track record and has made not only decades long success after success, but recent coups based on clever analysis and execution of short term opportunities, eg GS, GE etc

  • Report this Comment On April 28, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Pattielaine wrote:

    I wouldn't mind being his "first" friend.

Add your comment.

Sponsored Links

Leaked: Apple's Next Smart Device
(Warning, it may shock you)
The secret is out... experts are predicting 458 million of these types of devices will be sold per year. 1 hyper-growth company stands to rake in maximum profit - and it's NOT Apple. Show me Apple's new smart gizmo!

DocumentId: 2922941, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 8/31/2014 2:35:26 AM

Report This Comment

Use this area to report a comment that you believe is in violation of the community guidelines. Our team will review the entry and take any appropriate action.

Sending report...

Apple's next smart device (warning, it may shock you

Apple recently recruited a secret-development "dream team" to guarantee its newest smart device was kept hidden from the public for as long as possible. But the secret is out. In fact, ABI Research predicts 485 million of this type of device will be sold per year. But one small company makes Apple's gadget possible. And its stock price has nearly unlimited room to run for early-in-the-know investors. To be one of them, and see Apple's newest smart gizmo, just click here!


Advertisement