25 Reasons Why Warren Buffett Is a Multi-Billionaire

Warren Buffett is known for his billions, but how he made his money is something everyone should know.

At last count, Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A  ) (NYSE: BRK-B  ) had a value of nearly $315 billion, and Warren Buffett  owned more than 20% of the company he took control of nearly 50 years ago. Since Buffett took charge, the value of the shares has grown by a mind-boggling 693,518%, from $19 to $134,973.

The investments he makes and the businesses he buys will grab the headlines, but fewer people consider how Buffett himself has managed to not only grow Berkshire Hathaway into one of the biggest and most successful companies on the planet but also carefully hold on to and grow the money he's made.

In the slideshow below, we take a look at the 25 things Buffett has shared through the years which show how he's managed his investments, his businesses, his career, and his life. We'll examine how we can all learn a thing or two, or 25, from the man worth more than $65 billion.

Warren Buffett recently loaded up on shares of this stock
Buffett has been so successful because he's had remarkable success at picking businesses and stocks. And he just bought nearly 9 million shares of this company with a can't-live-without-it business model. An exclusive, brand-new Motley Fool report details this company that already has over 50% market share. Just click HERE to discover more about this industry-leading stock... and join Buffett in his quest for a veritable landslide of profits!


Read/Post Comments (5) | Recommend This Article (13)

Comments from our Foolish Readers

Help us keep this a respectfully Foolish area! This is a place for our readers to discuss, debate, and learn more about the Foolish investing topic you read about above. Help us keep it clean and safe. If you believe a comment is abusive or otherwise violates our Fool's Rules, please report it via the Report this Comment Report this Comment icon found on every comment.

  • Report this Comment On May 12, 2014, at 11:47 AM, TXObjectivist75 wrote:

    New Fool Article: 25 Reasons Fool.com Makes every other article about Warren Buffet.

  • Report this Comment On May 12, 2014, at 2:29 PM, SunDevilDon wrote:

    Number 12 explains his big IBM purchase, doesn't it? Finding out that they are not a tech company will come as quite a shock to them. I think number 9 was one of the most important for Berkshire, even more then Coke.

  • Report this Comment On May 14, 2014, at 11:48 AM, DACircles wrote:

    I do believe he has become very political. I'm not sure if he believes what Obama spews or he is playing him to protect his interest. Why approve a pipeline that will take business away from the trains that currently haul oil and gas?

    I have trouble believing that he is not a conservative despite the company he has been keeping.

  • Report this Comment On May 14, 2014, at 12:12 PM, jmwgeo wrote:

    Warren Buffet is a great role model, especially for billionaires.

  • Report this Comment On May 14, 2014, at 5:03 PM, The1MAGE wrote:

    I disagree with 19. People always emphasize luck, but I don't believe in luck.

    For example he say's he was lucky being born in America, giving him a better chance of becoming a Billionaire, yet there are at least 49 countries that have Billionaires. (American dollars.)

    Then there is the fact that Buffett was investing when everyone was still scared of the market.

    The only reason he brings up luck is to try to be humble, but really this does nothing to help people, and in fact makes them quit listening to his advice. After all you can't learn luck.

    Other then that, you don't need to be Buffett, but you can learn a lot from him.

Add your comment.

Sponsored Links

Leaked: Apple's Next Smart Device
(Warning, it may shock you)
The secret is out... experts are predicting 458 million of these types of devices will be sold per year. 1 hyper-growth company stands to rake in maximum profit - and it's NOT Apple. Show me Apple's new smart gizmo!

DocumentId: 2948345, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 11/26/2014 11:47:53 AM

Report This Comment

Use this area to report a comment that you believe is in violation of the community guidelines. Our team will review the entry and take any appropriate action.

Sending report...


Advertisement