In its latest update on stun gun sales, TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR ) reported Tuesday that it has booked new orders for thousands of its eponymous stun guns. These orders were both received in and are expected to ship in (and be recorded as revenues in) the current second fiscal quarter of 2014. Specifically, TASER has sold:
- 296 TASER X2 Smart Weapons to the Fort Worth Police Department in Texas
- 259 X2s, plus TASER Cam HD recorders, to the Illinois State Police Academy
- 252 X2s to an unidentified international customer
- 183 upgraded X2s to the Houston Police Department in Texas
- 104 upgraded X2s to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- 94 X2s to the Cobb County Police Department in Georgia, also as an upgrade
- 65 X2s to the Parker Police Department in Colorado
- 50 X2s, plus TASER Cam HD recorders, to the Miami Springs Police Department in Florida.
Additionally, TASER reported sales of:
- 883 X26P model TASERs to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
- 507 X26Ps, and 25 TASER Cam HD recorders, to the Iowa State Patrol
- 225 X26Ps to the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department in Texas
- 180 X26Ps to the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department in Ohio
- 111 X26Ps to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Department in Florida
- 100 X26Ps to Harris County Constable Precinct 4 in Texas.
That's a lot of guns, but it's not all TASER is reporting. Additional sales of various TASER weapon models -- and based on the company's past reporting practices, presumably orders of less than 20 units each -- and/or sales of TASER CAM HD recorders and/or subscriptions to the company's TASER Assurance warranty and upgrades plan were booked to law enforcement customers in: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Barbados and American Samoa.
TASER did not disclose financial details on any of these sales in its press release, but at advertised list prices (for those products for which prices are listed), their value would appear to add at least $3 million to TASER's revenue stream.
Discover a top stock pick for 2014
Every year, The Motley Fool's chief investment officer hand-picks 1 stock with outstanding potential. Just click here to download your free copy of "The Motley Fool's Top Stock for 2014" today.