Based on the aggregated intelligence of 180,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool's free investing community, fiber-based laser and amplifier maker IPG Photonics (Nasdaq: IPGP ) has earned a coveted five-star ranking.
With that in mind, let's take a closer look at IPG's business and see what CAPS investors are saying about the stock right now.
|Headquarters (founded)||Oxford, Mass. (1990)|
|Market Cap||$2.5 billion|
|Industry||Electronic manufacturing services|
|Trailing-12-Month Revenue||$474.5 million|
Founder/Chairman/CEO Dr. Valentin Gapontsev
CFO Timothy Mammen
|Return on Equity (average, past 3 years)||16.5%|
|Cash/Debt||$205.7 million / $25.6 million|
Sources: S&P Capital IQ and Motley Fool CAPS.
On CAPS, 98% of the 1,332 members who have rated IPG believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 going forward.
- Offered 3 million shares of common stock to the public.
- Offered a good buying spot for me at a slightly discounted price.
- Tremendous balance sheet with almost no debt and over $200 million cash on hand.
- Analysts are looking for an EPS of $3.30 in 2013, which would set its forward PE at about 17, acceptable for a growing company with no debt.
- Five-year [PEG ratio] sits at 0.8 and [IPG] had previously spiked in mid-February on its strong demand outlook for the first quarter.
If you want to retire rich, you need to put together the best portfolio you can. Owning exceptional stocks is a surefire way to secure your financial future. Of course, despite its four-star rating, IPG may not be your top choice.
We've found another tech play we are incredibly excited about -- excited enough to dub it "The Only Stock You Need to Profit from the NEW Technology Revolution." We have compiled a special free report for investors to uncover this stock today. The report is 100% free, but it won't be here forever, so click here to access it now.
Want to see how well (or not so well) the stocks in this series are performing? Follow the new TrackPoisedTo CAPS account.