The Biggest Investment Opportunity This Year

You have to see it -- no, experience it -- to believe it, but believe me when I tell you that it's big. In fact, in raw dollar terms, it's the biggest investment opportunity I've discovered for 2010.

But before you can appreciate the specifics of this opportunity, you need a little bit of the background I got on the ground during my recent research trip to India.

The message from Mumbai
We all know that India has been one of the world's fastest-growing economies over the past five years. Its gross domestic product grew more than 9% annually from 2005 to 2007, more than 7% in 2008 as the world entered an economic downturn, and should end 2009 over 6%. What's more, India's third quarter GDP data showed 7.9% growth -- a clear indicator that India is accelerating out of the recent downturn.

Yet the sense in Mumbai -- India's financial capital -- is that the country should be doing much, much better.

Of course, that sounds ridiculous to Americans like us who are overjoyed if our economy can post 2% or 3% annual growth. But India is decades behind the United States when it comes to basics such as roads, pipes, and power lines. It's even, we were told, probably 15 years behind China in these same categories.

Why this matters
Consider, for example, India's 12% power deficit. That means that the people in the country spend about three hours on average each day without power from the main electric grid. What's more, this deficit exists even though 400 million Indians -- more than one-third of the country's population -- have no access to power at all. In other words, the power deficit in India only stands to get worse, and crippling nationwide blackouts are not out of the question.

To compensate, factories, offices, hotels, and residents who have enough money purchase generators and stock their own fuel. Not only is that wasteful, but it makes doing anything in India that requires power much more expensive than it needs to be.

How much more expensive? One analyst we spoke to estimated that Indian manufacturers, given a reliable power supply, could cut costs 10% or so -- making them competitive with China and giving India a whole new way to create jobs and drive economic growth.

In fact, we heard over and over again that India's power problem is the single biggest factor holding back India's economy today. Whereas China has 900,000 megawatts of generating capacity today, India has just 150,000.

And just think: If India can grow 8% to 9% annually without reliable power, just imagine what it could do with it.

Knowing that ...
If you're still with me, then you're starting to appreciate the magnitude of India's power opportunity. And the good news for investors is this: Not only is power a huge need in India, but the new government has made fixing this situation one of its top priorities. Here's what that includes.

1. Plans to double the country's generating capacity to 300,000 megawatts by 2017.
  2. Approvals for massive thermal, nuclear, and hydroelectric power plants.
  3. Providing electricity to every household in India within five years (again, some 40% today go without).
  4. The total elimination of the power deficit by 2012.
  5. Incentives for private capital to make it all happen.

Put it all together and not only is there an opportunity for hundreds of billions of dollars to be invested in India's power sector, but India is going to let companies and their investors profit from it all. That's why I call this the biggest investment opportunity I discovered this year.

Who stands to profit
As you've probably guessed, the big multinationals with expertise in these areas are all champing at the bit to win some of this business. This includes General Electric (NYSE: GE  ) and Areva in the nuclear space, while ABB (NYSE: ABB  ) should profit from efforts to expand India's electric grid and make it more efficient. Siemens (NYSE: SI  ) , too, is lining up transmission and distribution work as well as supplying turbines for conventional power plants.

Then you have the picks-and-shovels plays such as Honeywell (NYSE: HON  ) , which installs industrial security and fire safety systems, as well as IT companies like Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ  ) , Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO  ) , and IBM (NYSE: IBM  ) that make sure all of the equipment works together.

And while they all will likely end up being involved, there's one more piece of information that smart investors should know: The Indian government is keen on making sure that a good portion of the business it doles out finds its way to domestic Indian companies.

This is why the likes of General Electric and Areva, both of which already have approvals to build huge new nuclear power plants in India, expect to use local companies for up to 70% of the work.

And that's your hint
It's as a result of that last insight that I left India knowing that I had to find an Indian company capable of this type of work to invest in if I wanted to make real money from this opportunity. Thankfully, after asking around, meeting with several different companies, and reading hundreds of pages of financials, I think I found my horse.

Not only does this company have the know-how to build coal, gas, and nuclear power plants, but it's seen its backlog for work in this space already increase 20-fold over the past two years.

Not only will you read about our power sector pick, but you'll also get our top picks in the health-care, agriculture, financial, and telecommunications sectors as well. Click here for more information.

Tim Hanson is co-advisor of Global Gains and recently returned from a research trip to India. He owns shares of ABB. ABB is a Global Gains recommendation. Danger: The Fool's disclosure policy is high voltage.

• Report this Comment On January 22, 2010, at 7:00 PM, 1gusser1 wrote:

everytime i read a article the end is always the same reach into your wallet and give us more money when this subscription runs out i will never return

• Report this Comment On January 22, 2010, at 8:47 PM, fjp6910 wrote:

I agree with 1gusser1. You really get me interested and after spending time reading the entire article I'm left with a request to join another program free for 30 days and get the report. Sorry, I'm not one to take a 30 day free offer knowing that I'm not going to join the new plan.

fjp6910

• Report this Comment On January 22, 2010, at 10:23 PM, devilzadvocate wrote:

This is the kind of article that leaves one fuming. Am with the previous two posts!!

• Report this Comment On January 22, 2010, at 11:19 PM, wrkdiver wrote:

Make me #4!

• Report this Comment On January 22, 2010, at 11:57 PM, Franjo wrote:

make me #5 and I have talked to many friends who would fill up this page with numbers. If you would just give out one good piece of free info you could have the interest of many customers who would pay for more

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 1:34 AM, SaintSteveo wrote:

And make me #5, why is it that they always want more money, as if we haven't paid enough. Lets be real for once and provide customers with the tools they need to protect their profits and make some profits. The way I look at it is if they don't give us useful tools then they don't need to wonder why we don't come back.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 6:56 AM, presdee wrote:

It is always more money. I certainly will not get involved with any more of your schemes. I have paid

enough. Just be fair and give the fools some good free

material. You will gain many new customers.

Presdee.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:05 AM, fooldall100 wrote:

me too, i just dropped my mdp and pro subsciptions due to these bait and switch adds. nowhere in the lead to the story does it say a subscription is necessary to identify the company mentioned.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:08 AM, TMFMmbop wrote:

A sub is not necessary. It's a free report. As for asking you to take an extra step to obtain the name of the company (in addition to already providing ideas such as ABB in the article), remember that research trips to India don't exactly pay for themselves.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:22 AM, TheBearcat wrote:

You're welcome to seek out ways to pay for your fact-finding tours/vacations of India and abroad. I guess I also learned the same lesson as everyone else who commented: Read from the bottom, up, if you want to save time.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:39 AM, TMFHousel wrote:

presdee,

"Just be fair and give the fools some good free material."

To be fair, we publish over 50 free articles per day, and all other Fool.com features (CAPS, message boards) are free.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:40 AM, patos72 wrote:

I was going to write in the same vein as the previous comments. Just add me to the fed up list.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:44 AM, fooldall100 wrote:

no no. hitting the extra button only gets you to the page that asks for your credit card.of course maybe I was just looking for a freebie as I'm still down 27% in my MDP portfolio. not even an apology as our professional advisors bought during the crash. my AIB -87%, CSE-62%, CX-18%, LM-50% etc etc

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 9:58 AM, VGFORBES wrote:

YES ...BUT... ITS ANNOYING TO GET THIS BIG COME ON TO END UP WITH A PITCH TO SELL YET ANOTHER SERVICE...YES,,,,BUT...i SUBSCRIBED TO THE BASIC SERVICE AND THE ADVICE HAS GENERALLY BEEN GOOD.....I PAY WHAT...$149.00..... I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF DITCHING MY BROKERAGE WHO HASEN'T GIVEN ME A SINGLE SUGGESTION IN 18 MONTHS AND HAS CHARGED ME OVER 7000 TO BUY STOCKS FOOL HAS RECOMMENDED ....SO..BOTTOM LINE IS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....AND EVERYONE HERE SEEMS TO WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING .

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 10:04 AM, VGFORBES wrote:

PS...YESTERDAY .I DITCHED ALMOST ALL THE NEW STOCK I HAD ACQUIRED VIA FOOL ADVICE AND SOME OF MY OWN....AND I'LL BUY SOME OF IT BACK LATER... EXCEPT FOR NFLX ,,,, PPS DON'T FOLLOW MY LEAD I DUMPED AAPL AT 92 !@#$%^&*()

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 11:30 AM, 1246catalpa wrote:

Hi. I agree with the nuisance factor of a long story and then the need to buy another sub to get additional info. It's a darn nuisance, and it's irritating. Someone spends a lot of time drafting these long episcles, and they are rather well done, but in the end, annoying and

underrmines the credibilty of the Fool. Your readership would drop by 50% if you stated at the beginning there will be a need to spend money to get the info you are leading up to!

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 12:20 PM, JFShaker wrote:

There is nothing free in this world. Either you pay or take the lead and do your own research. After spending 20 mins searching, i have narrow it down to 3 potential companies.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 12:29 PM, sbetzen wrote:

"ABB is a Global Gains recommendation."

An honest disclosure policy...Seems like a pretty good signal.... this is a Recommendation from one of their paid services... and it is free. Not good enough... go look up ABB in the CAPS community FOR FREE and see what others are saying about it and read other articles written about ABB for FREE.... you may also find other great companies listed in their honest disclosures FOR FREE... the cycle goes on and is free.

Because of all the free features at fool.com, mainly the CAPS community (and yes I am a subscriber to a paid service), I am beating the market significantly.

Don't like the articles... stop reading them.

Seems to me that all the posters at least registered for a user name at the fool, and probably are benefiting from all that is here for free. It like getting a free meal (at a fancy restaurant), and getting upset because the desert menu has prices on it. Give me a break.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 12:46 PM, langco1 wrote:

the best place for your money in 2010? simple.. CASH..the greatest false stock rally since 1930 is over and the result now will be the same as it was then....

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 1:50 PM, vbbv wrote:

Yeah, but the ads that you have this website (because of your readership) sure defray some of the costs of traveling to India don't they?

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 3:41 PM, TMFMmbop wrote:

The article offers 7 names of companies that are working to profit from the Indian power deficit, which incidentally I didn't realize everyone commenting here was already so aware of. I hold back one company out of respect for thousands of our paying members.

Can you invest on this theme without knowing the name of that company? Absolutely. Or -- shocker -- you could actually try to figure it out now that you know almost exactly what to look for.

Either way, don't pretend like there's nothing of value here. I guess I'm as tired of your lazy comments as you are of this article.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 6:34 PM, blaueskobalt wrote:

These posts annoy me enough to enter the fray with my comments.

First, TMF needs to make money somehow. They use the "freemium" model and supplement it with advertising--as far as I understand, this is one of the best ways to make money through the internet. ESPN.com works this way also.

For this to work, some of their free materials must entice you to purchase their premium material--otherwise, it would be tough to generate enough interest for the premium material. And if their free material were to over-cannibalize their premium material, then there would be no point to buy the premium!

That being said, the cliffhangers at the end of these articles annoyed me, also--so much so, that I subscribed to the service! I have trialed four of the services thusfar: GG, SA, HG and Options. I canceled HG and Options after 25 days or so, and they gave me my full refund on those, no questions asked. In the meantime, I decided to keep my GG and SA services, and I continue to enjoy these services.

I also continue to enjoy reading these free articles and using the free CAPS service. IMO, the model works well.

• Report this Comment On January 23, 2010, at 10:07 PM, AChembi wrote:

my biggest investment opportunity is OIL..especially small companies rich in cash.

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 12:51 AM, able101 wrote:

For all you negative posters: Maybe you're just here for a hot tip. Check your inbox. I know I get a couple every day on penny stocks. Some of us are here to stimulate the old brain cells and find a new perspective on things as they unfold. The day may come when the Fool no longer suits my needs or expectations. At that time I will close out my subscriptions and cease reading articles that I know are a waste of my time (I certainly will not waste my time posting a comment on such an article). I will make my exit, and no one is going to hear my whining (Hot tip: nobody likes a whiner). Have a good life.:)

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 1:16 AM, mountain8 wrote:

Congratulations Mr Hanson. Well done. I would be proud. You've only irritated a dozen or so people,at least half of them probably work for another site, out of the several hundred thousand that have read it, They are pretty shallow if that's all they have to complain about. I've written articles and editorials that were much less important and gotten hundreds of hate letters and comments.

I haven't explored all of MF but I was wondering if there is a section on India where I could research. Can anyone direct me. I like what I have found so far about ABB ltd. Maybe they have a site?

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 3:22 AM, lwbaum wrote:

Thank you, Tim, for an interesting article on the exciting opportunity in Indian electricity development.

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 6:53 AM, marsconi wrote:

I enjoyed the article and felt that I gained from reading it. thanks!

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 1:44 PM, ScottRichard wrote:

Go TMFMmbop! You can add "whiners" to "lazy comments".

Thanks for the intelligence and insight you provide as one of the best TMF contributors.

TMF provides huge free value in the form of these articles and the CAPS community. I also subscribe to two premium services and have made a lot of money on recommendations such as AAPL, CGA and CEO.

The only suggestion I would add is to provide current paid subscribers with special reports such as "Stocks 2010" as part of their subscription.

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 5:12 PM, DivMonk wrote:

I think this is a good article, and the people complaining just want too much for free.

The article provides some information about India- much of it is already well known but some of it was more specific and helpful and therefore good to know and worth my time to read.

This site already delivers a lot of free content, and you can even learn many of their premium recommendations by looking at their disclosure policy (though you find out later than the paying members, which is reasonable).

People here should be doing their own research anyway, and an article like this is a good reminder of places to look.

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 5:13 PM, DivMonk wrote:

• Report this Comment On January 24, 2010, at 7:16 PM, masterN17 wrote:

The initial comments are a perfect microcosm of why our society at large is so dysfunctional.

• Report this Comment On January 25, 2010, at 10:34 AM, desertjedi wrote:

Yes, yes, unbelievable opportunities in India...that is until the US stock market tanks and drags the whole planet down with it. And since India is an emerging market it will fall even harder.

It's great advice but the timing, I'm not so sure about. With the run-ups we've seen in '09, even a total novice would pause about putting money into a market that's done so well lately. Wouldn't it be more sage to put it in something that's been horribly beaten down? Isn't that "how it works?"

Griping about the self-serving nature of the Fool "articles" being dysfunctional? Gimme a break! I'll reserve that word for the people who could care less that 45,000 will die every year due to lack of health insurance.

But I have to admit, I rarely glean any useful info from the articles posted here.

• Report this Comment On January 25, 2010, at 11:28 AM, KoolJA wrote:

I would like to know why they have to charge for any of their stock recommendations. If their advice is really that good then they should be making so much on the market that the subscription collections are only a drop in the bucket. Plus, there is also the potential that the stock prices for companies they recommend actually increase (at least over the short term) due to their recommendation which gives them additional opportunity for profits.

• Report this Comment On January 25, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Foolishboomer wrote:

It's brilliant marketing, stupid. Nothing more, nothing less. Whiners, stop with your lack mentality and your financial life just might improve....

• Report this Comment On January 25, 2010, at 2:36 PM, perrygriffin wrote:

I paid $2K for two years of MFPro and consider it wasted money. I did not realize when I subscribed that you had to join several other services to benefit from MF's research. I will not renew my membership.

• Report this Comment On January 25, 2010, at 2:44 PM, perrygriffin wrote:

I forgot to mention that Stock Gumshoe usually reveals MF's teasers, According to blogs on Stock Gumshoe, this article is for LTOUF.

• Report this Comment On January 27, 2010, at 2:45 AM, ibeaver wrote:

well, its the method of aquiring members thats bothering... Talk big and then leave you emptyhanded, unless you pay for it. I reckon its not much different than meeting a babe in Vegas, she goes up to your room talking the talk, jumps on top of you and states unless you cough up $300 you're not getting any "information" her.

But I am a paying member, for two services.... and I do get value from it, how much, a little bit. Cetrainly, I would much rather the model of baiting members change though... but I have no proposals.

there is a service that seems a bit secret still - and I find it actually gives me the value (meaning research and recommendations) that would keep me a paying member... but if I did not find that recently, I also would have cancelled both of my subscribtions. To know the secret you have to read your monthly news letter (from the SA subscribtion).

• Report this Comment On January 27, 2010, at 10:11 AM, manna7 wrote:

Lets put things in perspective. You open your e-mail & you see in the subject line "The Biggest Investment Opportunity This Year" & it's from TMF & you think wow the benefits of being a MF subscriber are great. So you read the article & get to the end & find...

"Interested in learning more about this company? Just join Motley Fool Global Gains free for 30 days and download a copy of our newest special report, China vs. India: 5 Top Stocks to Profit No Matter Who Wins."

Not what you expected & it is a little aggravating, but it's good ole American Capitalism at work & thats the reason we are all here. I have made more from TMF advice to cover my one year subsciption & I am a very very small investor & now I know that India could be a hot market. So take a deep breath & count to ten & don't let your intial reaction to things cloud your judgement & if you have to refer to someone as a whiner or stupid to get your point across maybe you don't have much of a point.

• Report this Comment On January 27, 2010, at 11:21 AM, WOODNEYE wrote:

I go straight to the readers comments on these articles before spending my valuable time on the long winded sales pitches. Some of you may benefit from the same technique.

• Report this Comment On January 27, 2010, at 5:11 PM, globalsailor wrote:

I actually had no idea that there was such a shortage of electricity in India. That itself was worth the advertisement at the end.

• Report this Comment On January 28, 2010, at 6:45 AM, beobob wrote:

thanks for the article, i will go do further research now

I am not a susbcriber but......

i appreciate your service and hope you are making enough money to put your kids thru college from your work.

disclosure, i'm long on ABB 1% of stock portfolio

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 2:21 PM, ashboy54 wrote:

This is why I'm letting my subscription lapse and why I advise others considering becoming a Fool to play it smart and decline. The title was "Biggest Investment Opportunity of the Year", not "Advertisement to Buy Another Subscription". Pretty much everything about Motley Fool has been a disappointment, including this advertorial.

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 2:44 PM, bikingdoc wrote:

Make me # whatever--totally agree that this kind of deceptive communication is very bad for MF's credibility.

I don't begrudge them the need to advertise and market themselves--it's just that they should clearly state up front which is which!

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 3:37 PM, mikecart1 wrote:

TMF continues to deliver!!!....

Garbage.

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 5:24 PM, CyberWarrior1965 wrote:

I like TMF so far. I subscribe to SA, HG and RB. I appreciate the insights and advice.

I routinely receive solicitiations for TMF premium services. I don't have a problem w/that approach. I agree with ScottRichard's post. I think TMF should provide any special reports if you already subscribe to that service.

In the future, how about TMF routinely emailing these special reports to the folks who already subscribe to that particular service? I think that would be a great way to keep subscribers happy.

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Hesitation wrote:

Why not just put a simple line at the top saying something like 'Fool's Pitch' or 'Advertising for Fools' etc and those that read on have no one to blame but themselves and I would bet you lose only about 5% of your readers none of which would have bought into your advertised service anyway. The pitch articles are well written and suck you in on their own merit.

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 7:33 PM, bzhayes wrote:

TMFHousel wrote: "...all other Fool.com features (CAPS, message boards) are free."

The Fool takes caps ratings sells the information you gain to people. The fool doesn't offer caps for free.. it actively uses caps to make money for itself!!! My company also offers free work to me every day.... free... lol!

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 7:42 PM, joewatts wrote:

I've been a member of some sort of program with Motley Fool and I read more come-on stuff than information. I read to jump on CDE and so I did, and SLW, and sure enough, they tanked.

When you ask me to send more money I have to ask what in the hell have I already paid for?

Also, your Motley Fool credit card with Bank of America has turned to crap also. They now want 21% for anyone whose payment missed the deadline by one day.

I've cancelled my Motley Fool. Any money that goes to Bank of America is going to the cause of our great economic collapse.

To hell with Bank of America!

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 7:44 PM, lrakecurb wrote:

Is it true that the SEC recently was given permission to suspend money market redemptions? Does this apply to banks as well as mutual funds?

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 9:07 PM, birder1500 wrote:

Most of us already subscribe to one of these publications. How about putting some meat into what we already subscribe to?

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Roytennis wrote:

I agree with the comments above. You read the email down for a page or two, then you have to buy the new publication to obtain name of the recommendation, which is always touted as the biggest recommenation ever. I subscribe to one MF publication but I find these emails to be offensive and I have commented on this to Motley previously. I'm not trying to get something for nothing; the only reason I get the email is because I am a Motley Fool subscriber. But, since I have been a member they have come out with several other publications. If the recommended investment is so great, why do I not receive this in the publication I pay for? It makes me feel like the Stock Advisor is withholding good opportunities; also, the ones they recommend are obviously not their best recommendations!!!

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 9:40 PM, JesterWOCourt wrote:

Those complaining mustn't have learn anything from their previous subscription. "Price is what you pay, value is what you get". If you had to pay 149$ for a million dollars, would you complain? If you don't believe it's an opportunity with unlimited return potential, then there's no reason to complain then, is there?

• Report this Comment On January 29, 2010, at 10:03 PM, john795806 wrote:

Okay--here's my take.

I've gotten a lot of FREE investment ideas from MF that have made me money. If you've read enough MF articles, you should know by now that most are meant to entice you into a subscription, and on occasion, you can read the whole article and not get "the pick." SO WHAT. Hey, these guys work for a living, And unlike most stock advisory services, they provide something useful! You want them to make all of their money off of what? Advertising? Is that what you would do if you ran such a huge operation?

I thank my stars that MF is out there, providing tons of good information for NOTHING. And when they say something's the best investment opportunity of the year, well, they are probably not far off, based on their past two year's "best picks" from China, which have more than doubled. I'll put down my money for that.

• Report this Comment On January 30, 2010, at 1:06 PM, TMFBreakerRob wrote:

Lots of comments!

So....good info about India, specifically the power situation. Some multi-nationals identified that can benefit. And....a lure to try out Global Gains to find the identity of an Indian company that looks well positioned....er....a *free* tryout.

Result? The ire of some, appreciation by others. Good luck to both groups, although frankly I think the angry folks need that luck more. That display of animosity doesn't reflect well on them.

• Report this Comment On January 30, 2010, at 3:06 PM, lenelaine wrote:

The TMF community is a cross section of society. You run the range from the lame to the achievers. If you have even digested some of the TMF recommendations, chances are you will have a net gain from investing beyond some losses. That's the law of averages in your favor with some common sense applied to what you read.

That is certainly worth the BASIC subscription. You want more? Pay more!

These guys have provided a powerful forum for you to see all sides and draw your own conclusions.

• Report this Comment On January 30, 2010, at 6:23 PM, savron999 wrote:

Fool has become one big infomerrcial....wonder if their management ever reads the reaction here

• Report this Comment On January 30, 2010, at 10:27 PM, MW7 wrote:

I have waited since 1995 or so, when I first started reading the fool, to be in an IRA and out of the company 401k. And upon initiating my IRA and making my initial stock picks, I purchased a stock advisor subscription. MF didn't begin this way. And I wanted to repay the useful initiation I received at the hands of fools, but much of the information now is a tease. And hello, McFly! so many people are complaining! Have the first fools left the building, leaving only fools? The format is a bit like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the football, I'm only sayin'

• Report this Comment On January 31, 2010, at 12:08 AM, dda78 wrote:

Eastern Europe, especially Romania and Bulgaria, represents another investment alternative, since both countries are decades behind and fast growing.

• Report this Comment On January 31, 2010, at 4:52 AM, walt373 wrote:

To Tim and the other MF writers, keep up the good work. I like these articles because they are to-the-point and give me ideas that I can do further research on. I believe 90% of the people who read them are like me and appreciate them, but a disproportional amount of the people who post replies are whiners, so don't let them get to you.

To the whiners, be nice please. Would you prefer it if TMF writers got tired of your complaining and stopped posting articles altogether? At least be mature and constructive if you want to criticize. And remember, the goal of a business is to make money - you need to have a little patience and just accept that this is a fact of life. Acting like you have a right to get these services for free, and then being offended when it's given to you for free but with a pitch at the end, is pretty unreasonable.

• Report this Comment On February 01, 2010, at 1:20 PM, brigidl wrote:

To complainers and MF a couple of points. Its natural to feel agrieved if you are led along by a carrot and its then snatched away. Its more natural if you have lost a ball of money over the last two years as lots of Fools have. Thanks to the MF I have made money over that time, even so if I was in the wrong mood articles that end up witholding the name of the company that is key to the point of the article will **** me off. To MF constant sales pitch to existing members is annoying.

To complainers, keep things in perspective and keep the big picture in mind, that is that so much free useful information and opinion builds on your investing expierence.

• Report this Comment On February 01, 2010, at 8:24 PM, Retirefunds wrote:

It's not rocket science. The company talked about here is most certainly Macdonalds.

• Report this Comment On February 01, 2010, at 9:00 PM, ozzfan1317 wrote:

I got a new stock idea and they gotta pay the bills somehow I personally liked the article just my two cents.

• Report this Comment On February 13, 2010, at 9:06 AM, upstateva wrote:

What a stupid recommendation. To make a profit you need a customer. Those 1/3 without electricity are flat broke and I really don't care to receive a dividend in the form of goat cheese. And no I won't pay for more Foolishness.

• Report this Comment On February 15, 2010, at 11:31 PM, chaleneluck777 wrote:

Not just me but my friends too that are subscribers to SA/RB/GG/HG etc agree with CyberWarrior1965 [On January 29, 2010, at 5:24 PM]

""I routinely receive solicitations for a TMF service to which I already subscribe. It will say something like: The Next Intel: The Brand Inside the Brand. I think: "Wow! I'd love to see that report. But I already subscribe to that service (SA). How do I get the report?" I look on TMF website, but can't find it, in spite of looking high and low. One time I ended up calling TMF and asking the customer service rep to email me a copy. He was very polite and agreed to send it. I appreciate TMF accomodating me on the request. In the future, how about TMF routinely emailing these special reports to the folks who already subscribe to that particular service? I think that would be a great way to keep subscribers happy""".

I think CyberWarrior1965 has a perfectly valid point...why dont us subscribers get any of these special reports????

BTW...motley fool does give good advice.

• Report this Comment On June 02, 2010, at 10:10 PM, bigcheeezzz wrote:

u no what sucks, i dont no jack about what any of u r talking about except the begining of this page that say's i can have the biggest oppertunity of my loser life if i just read this page, u will tell me what to do, man, i was really let down. still no money, still, no future, still, a loser....still, a FOOL. Thanks alot.

• Report this Comment On July 08, 2010, at 4:38 PM, stan8331 wrote:

The value proposition Motley Fool offers is excellent, in my opinion, especially in light of the fact that a ton of valuable information can be obtained without subscribing to anything. CAPS is free as well. Yes, the pitches can at times become annoying. Nothing in life is perfect. The whiners need to go somewhere they find less aggravating, causing everyone else less aggravation in the process. Win-Win.

I do agree that subscribers to any particular service ought to receive access to all reports issued by that service without having to take any addition steps to get them.

• Report this Comment On August 13, 2012, at 2:43 PM, aido36 wrote:

The Motley is a real motley!!!

• Report this Comment On August 13, 2012, at 2:47 PM, aido36 wrote:
  • Report this Comment On February 19, 2013, at 6:19 PM, Bret8175 wrote:

Here's a U.S.-based money transaction company serving up money transaction kiosks across the U.S. and abroad: kioskinvestment.com - they offer guaranteed return over a 3 year period.

• Report this Comment On November 08, 2013, at 11:32 PM, RyanPeckyno wrote:

I like the comment above about CAPS -- I feel that is a great tool. I would like to see more research done by MF that uses CAPS. I suspect that a 5-star rated stock might, on average, outperform the S&P by 10% while a 1-star rated stock might, on average, underperform by 10%.

• Report this Comment On November 08, 2013, at 11:35 PM, RyanPeckyno wrote:

I do, however, have a concern with the article and that is the lack of analysis related to the regulatory risk. Sure there is a big opportunity, but I am sure that the government of India is going to have a lot of oversight, which will impact profits.