As you probably know by now, Sony's (NYSE: SNE ) PlayStation 3 went on sale at midnight last night. The company has high hopes that its next-generation gaming machine will stack up well against Microsoft's (Nasdaq: MSFT ) Xbox 360 and the new Nintendo Wii.
Because of the limited supply, hundreds of shoppers lined up for days at stores across the country for the right to shell out $600 or more for the PlayStation 3 and accessories. But the process did not go smoothly. There were reports of violence at many stores, including one patron shot in Connecticut and another in Wisconsin injured while racing for one of 10 spots in line (he ran into a pole). A Super Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT ) in California even had to shut its doors because of rowdy line-waiters.
Our vast network of Motley Fool reporters were patrolling the lines throughout the night, helping us to compile the following list:
Top 10 complaints from PlayStation 3 shoppers
10. "Where are all the chicks?"
9. Didn't grasp the irony of having to sell the television to afford the PS3.
8. Awesome Tekken fighting skills not applicable to beating back crowds.
7. "Dude, put on some deodorant!"
6. Two days in line destroyed the pasty white pallor so carefully cultivated by two years of basement gaming.
5. Uber-nerd Anders Bylund humiliated lesser nerds with his extensive knowledge of PS3 components.
4. "Once in the store I said I had to 'wee,' and they gave me the Nintendo Wii."
3. "I can't wait to go home, plug it in, and see it blow up in flames like some of the other fine Sony products lately."
2. Those darned eBay (Nasdaq: EBAY ) listing fees.
1. "Actual girlfriend" accessory is not available at launch.
- What Makes the PlayStation 3 Tick?
- Top 10 New Martha Stewart Products
- Top 10 Humorous Headlines
- Top 10 Harvey Pitt Excuses
Microsoft and Wal-Mart are Inside Value recommendations. eBay is a Stock Advisor suggestion. Check out our entire suite of newsletters by clicking here.