3 Canceled Shows That Could Do Wonders for Netflix Stock

Other than the occasional short squeeze, nothing drives Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX  ) stock so much as exclusive content. But don't take my word for it. Witness what happened after House of Cards and Hemlock Grove pushed viewing hours to new highs. (More than 4 billion, according to the latest data.)

Netflix stock has more than doubled year to date and is up nearly 250% since last summer.

NFLX Total Return Price Chart

NFLX Total Return Price data by YCharts.;

If original content is at least partially responsible for the rally, then the natural question for investors is: What's next? We know Jenji Kohan's Orange Is the New Black is on the way. Other in-development projects include a second season of House of Cards and Sense8 from the Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 fame.

And after that? Surely there are other small projects in the works, plus a rotating schedule of exclusive content that includes a big deal with Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS  ) for rebroadcasting of the highly successful Marvel films. (The Iron Man franchise alone already accounts for $2.4 billion in worldwide box office receipts.)

But it'll take years to get all those movies. In the meantime, resuscitating popular but recently canceled television shows could become a catalyst for Netflix stock even as Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN  ) sharpens its focus on five originals: two adult comedies (i.e., Alpha House and Betas) and three kids' shows (i.e., Annebots, Creative Galaxy, and Tumbleaf).

To be clear, I'm not talking about doubling down on Arrested Development. I'm talking about newer shows with a niche following, such as The Killing. Here are three canceled shows whose earlier seasons are already available on Netflix:

1. Warehouse 13
    Among all the things I saw at Denver Comic-Con earlier this month, nothing surprised or delighted me so much as getting to meet Eddie McClintock, who plays Agent Pete Lattimer in this soon-to-be defunct SyFy channel show about hunting down and "bagging and tagging" powerful artifacts for storage in a mysterious warehouse located in the South Dakota wilderness. (Netflix ratings: 886,436; IMDb stars: 7.3)

2. Terriers
    A seedy, funny, and surprising detective series starring Donal Logue as a recovering alcoholic P.I. operating without a license and whose partner and best friend is a former thief played by Michael Raymond-James. (Netflix ratings: 115,593; IMDb stars: 8.1)

3. Dollhouse
    Another Joss Whedon show canceled early -- (cough) Firefly (cough) -- that starred Eliza Dushku as one of a number of programmable "dolls" for hire through their employers, a network of corporate-controlled "dollhouses." (Netflix ratings: 863,535; IMDb stars: 7.3)

Skeptics will argue that Netflix would do better developing entirely new properties. Trouble is, promoting new shows isn't cheap. Netflix spent $129 million on marketing in the first quarter alone, about even with last year's Q1. A rush of newer originals could make it harder to keep a lid on costs.

Cult hits such as Warehouse 13 don't need the same marketing support. Think about it: McClintock and co-stars Joanne Kelly, Saul Rubinek, and Allison Scagliotti have already won over the more than 800,000 who have rated the show on Netflix. That's a powerful tailwind, one that might prove better at boosting Netflix's bottom line than would investing in an untested idea.

Now it's your turn to weigh in. Would you have Netflix bring back any of these shows? Leave a comment to let us know what you think, and whether you would buy, sell, or short Netflix stock at current prices.

Go ahead, touch that dial
The television landscape is changing quickly, with new entrants such as Netflix and Amazon.com disrupting traditional networks. The Motley Fool's new free report "Who Will Own the Future of Television?" details the risks and opportunities in TV. Click here to read the full report!

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 9:15 PM, kennethdelro wrote:

I'd love for them to give "Charmed" a Season 9 and/or 10! :D

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 9:31 PM, wellstim27 wrote:

Um Maybe bring back Firefly or maybe a new twist on Serenity after it ended. The energy from that show was underrated and should given a second chance. I believe that show or something similar would be a welcomed addition to the Netflix original programming. If Firefly's episodes were aired in the correct order from the beginning, I think you would have had a long running series. The Big Bang Theory and Family Guy almost didn't make it as series, but look at them now. They are crazy popular and they are for a reason: They are funny and well put together. Just Think about it

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 9:33 PM, brotting wrote:

I would love to see THE SHIELD return - I think that would be a huge hit.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 9:35 PM, HugTheBear wrote:

I'd love to see a new season of Blue Mountain State. Do it.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 9:40 PM, Giddieup wrote:

Hemlock Grove was excellent. I hope they're working on a season 2 already.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:07 PM, snowcage wrote:

Bring back the Cape...from the laundromat.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:11 PM, dragonus456 wrote:

Hemlock Grove season 2 is all I want.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:12 PM, allgoodtam wrote:

Please produce bring back Warehouse Thirteen I am addicted .Love Hemlock Grove and where is next season of Walking Dead

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:19 PM, mhrose6870 wrote:

SYFY is the only channel that pays no attention to the people who watch these shows...SYFY always cancels a show that is at the top of the ratings and beloved by the fans...eureka...warehouse 13. Then there is firefly...nice work fox! SYFY never even gave Battlestar galactica blood & chrome a chance. Their not alone,.,Firefly is the worst offense in TV history! People that canceled that show should be pushing burgers and fries.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:20 PM, Rleeder wrote:

I would love to see Terriers return, it was a great show not really given a chance.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:23 PM, icetsarina wrote:

I would love to see Leverage brought back. Also yes, to Warehouse 13 and The Dollhouse.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Joecascio2000 wrote:

We really need a Stargate series. Any of the past ones but preferably SG: Atlantis.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:42 PM, lee1948 wrote:

Loved Terriers would like to see it back on.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:43 PM, jerryatricks wrote:

I swear to god, if they bring back Dead Like Me, I'll double the paid memberships in my house, and pester everyone I know to get a Netflix account!

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 10:46 PM, peacedragon08 wrote:

How about Zero Hour?

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:07 PM, soldierspyboy wrote:

I would love to see Smallville, Eureka, Human Target, House, Alias, Chuck or Boston Legal again. Heck I would just love to see smallville on Netflix period.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:16 PM, robc311 wrote:

Now would be a great time for Netflix to pick up Southland since it was just cancelled. It's a great show that has many loyal viewers!

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:29 PM, Krystaice1217 wrote:

My votes for shows I'd like to see return are Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar for at least a season 2. I also would like to see a show return that was canceled close to the time Arrested Development was canceled, Windfall. It was about a group of people who won the lottery.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:38 PM, halfrek wrote:

I would love to see Dollhouse return. It had wonderful potential and a great cast.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:44 PM, AceInMySleeve wrote:

For those above, Hemlock 2 has been officially confirmed.

It seems a slamdunk to me for Netflix to pick up cancelled shows. In addition to having a built-in audience, these shows have already paid the upfronts on building stages\props\costumes\etc.

More importantly, I believe, the release-at-once methodology allows poor shows to 'make it' because it takes more effort to push through a bad show that you have to wait a week between episodes for. No way I would have made it through Hemlock with waiting (or ads).

As a consumer AND an investor, I wish they'd charge more than 8$ (and have commensurately more material). It's silly that Redbox gets more money from me per month.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:54 PM, kkgator wrote:

I plan to subscribe to Netflix as soon as Season 3 of "Borgia" is ready to air.

Caught Seasons 1 & 2 about a month ago, at a

friend's. Became obsessed within the first ten

minutes of the first episode. Infintely better than the Showtime series.

• Report this Comment On June 22, 2013, at 11:59 PM, mrsselina wrote:

I would love to see Fringe brought back, and Eureka! Those were two of my favorites that were cancelled. Come on Netflix save em! :-)

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:05 AM, hraefnswudu wrote:

I totally agree with mhrose6870's comment about SyFy, though I would point out that it seems a lot of the decisions are coming from higher than SyFy execs (ie. NBC and Comcast, the parent companies). They're the ones really making the decisions.

I would actually subscribe to Netflix if they picked up Warehouse 13.

Netflix should take a look at the work http://renewwarehouse13.com/ did in showing how much of the viewership is online now, and that would be exactly the target audience that Netflix would be able to cater to for this show.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:14 AM, SoBensGirl wrote:

Farscape webisodes!!! Hell Yeah. Alread written and ready for producton,,,given financing!

Farscape killed by Syfy too soon!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:16 AM, uarkparsons wrote:

I would love to see Jericho brought back, maybe pick up from where the comics left off.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:25 AM, ckgod wrote:

What about a nightly Jan Leno show? The tonight show is too late for me so I usually tape it and watch the next day. A lot people would want to watch it on Netflix whether they are going to watch the new tonight show or not.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:49 AM, LadyAleena wrote:

In this thread I have seen people complaining Syfy has cancelled series when they are still strong. I would rather a strong series be cancelled while it is strong than wait until a series is on its last gasp and people hate what it has become. I can not speak about Terriers or Dollhouse since I have not watched either.

I have to disagree about continuing Warehouse 13. Let the series go with grace and what is left of its dignity. The series has left me seriously vexed so many times, I keep watching hoping they will make it up to me. So far I have been let down by it too many times.

From the first episode I have been mildly disappointed with the series, but kept watching hoping it would get better and reverse some of the early decisions such as taking away guns with bullets. (Honestly, a Secret Service agent without a lethal weapon should be drop kicked out of the service.)

I got over the non-lethal weapon issue because the characters were charming. Then Claudia gets a boyfriend, but the writers hustle him out of the series quickly. Pete also gets a girlfriend in Univille, then they hustle her out of town just as quickly. Even Artie gets Vanessa, but the writers let their relationship end without a knock down-drag out fight.

Okay, so the writers can not write a stable long lasting relationship. I can sort of tolerate it, but only if the characters grow from it.

Myka and Claudia have both developed wonderfully. Myka is the unofficial back up for Artie, and Claudia has become a very strong female role model for young women. Steve is great just because he is Steve. Artie has become more compassionate. Now onto Peter, why has he not been allowed to grow, and why is he the class clown? He is a Secret Service agent prepared to take a bullet, but he is not written that way. His lack of self control has driven me to loathe the character (not the actor, he does his best with what he is given).

Now onto a big reminder. Warehouse 13 has crossed over with both Eureka and Alphas. In a more recent storyline where everyone on Earth was dying from an artifact borne disease, the series had a great opening to have a cross over event again with both series. Since what happens because of the Warehouse also occurs in Eureka and to the Alphas, do you not think both groups would be concerned and put two and two together and get Warehouse 13? It would have been nice for Dr. Blake from Eureka to be on a video conference with Artie about the plague and have Gary from Alphas intercept the conversation. Alas, the writers of Warehouse 13 have shrunk back into their own world forgetting it is now part of a much bigger cosmology.

So, in closing, let Warehouse 13 die while it is still up instead of it wheezing along limping to its death.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:55 AM, Happythoughts13 wrote:

I would be an acid viewer of warehouse 13! I would also like to see Jericho brought back.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:01 AM, acwatches wrote:

Netflix should revive Lisa Kudro's "The Comeback" canceled back in 2005. GREAT comedy!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:03 AM, LadyAleena wrote:

Oh, and I do not think Netflix has the money to revive any Stargate series. Do you remember how many stages Stargate used on the Bridge Studios lot? If I remember correctly, they had four or five of them.

Also, the sets of Eureka have been struck (and probably destroyed), so the cost of bringing it back would cost too much money. Also, it may be hard to wrangle the cast back together. Niall Matter and Felicia Day are way too busy on other projects the last time I checked.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:16 AM, KenzieRJ wrote:

Please bring back Warehouse 13! There's so much left to explore, the character, the plot, and all the endless wonder. I disagree LadyAleena above. I'd love to see more about this show.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:30 AM, maenadgaynad wrote:

It would be amazing to see Warehouse 13 continue, but perhaps for the remainder of what would be season five. It's been renewed for up to five episodes in a season five (at least, I think it was five) before being put down. This show was a Syfy sweetheart that has thus been greatly neglected by the channel as it expanded. I'm not saying it be renewed and kept on the air until we're watching old, tired mulch, but it would be nice to see a good, solid ending, rather than something rushed. The characters and the fans deserve more than that. (tbh I'd like to see Warehouse 13 in some new hands because they might be on board for Myka and HG to turn pointed looks and mangled emotions into something the fans want).

And in terms of Netflix picking up cancelled shows, Dollhouse and Firefly are fine and well, but it might do better to pick up shows that have been recently cancelled. I'm a big fan of those examples, but in terms of lived memory, they would continue to be quite niche.

I would like to see something like Mulaney, the show with John Mulany, Nasim Pedrad, and (apparently also) Martin Short. It's a promising show with a great cast & concept that didn't get picked up with NBC, despite Lorne Michaels' production.

Otherwise, new things like Hemlock Grove have been a big hit!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:31 AM, elvisjockstrap wrote:

Please America,help me with this crusade! If Netflix will bring back My Name is Earl promise them to subscribe in droves!Please no more NCIS,ANY REALITY GARBAGE,NO PRAWN STARS,ICE ROAD TRUCKERS,AMERICAN PICKERS,COUNTING CARS,HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER,FOX,MSNBC,CNN,just a funny little show that made you smile.It really had a wonderful message,if you do good things,good things will happen for you,This just might be our last chance,it's up to you(:

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:36 AM, angelgalwendy wrote:

Firefly! Firefly! Firefly!

I would sign up for Netflix in a gorram second.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:57 AM, legacys7 wrote:

Would like to see the series, "Heroes" picked back up. Netflix would make some serious coin from that series.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:57 AM, MrEPluribus wrote:

Agreed 100% on Terriers, and will add another prematurely canceled cop show: The Good Guys. Fox totally screwed the pooch with this, for which Bradley Whitford could have won Emmy nominations for years. He and Colin Hanks merely the tip of the iceberg on an amazingly diverse supporting cast and guest stars. Unique flash-back and fast-forwarding storytelling killed far too soon.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:58 AM, alexceasar wrote:

I think this would be a great idea. Save them a lot in advertising with having the built in audience and would get more subscribers if fans found out their favorite show was only going to be available through Netflix.

I would love if they continued Smash.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 2:02 AM, Mouldren wrote:

Deadwood.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 2:16 AM, SansasHound wrote:

Happy Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:16 AM, AceInMySleeve wrote:

Firefly is not coming back it's 10 years past. Get over it. They all have careers now.

Oh wait, no, they don't have careers.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:16 AM, AceInMySleeve wrote:

But Joss Whedon is on a hella-roll in movie making so it ain't gonna happen.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:31 AM, bjines wrote:

I would subscribe me and my entire family, if netflix would resurrect Cold Case, the best show ever made for television. The writing, strories and cast was supberb, i never get tired of watching the reruns. U can never run out of material, there are always cold cases to be solved. Long live, Rush, Valens and the rest of the cold case squad, Best show everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:32 AM, LarryR836 wrote:

A true cult show from long ago where some of the cast members are still alive and, i think, would love to appear in a reprise is St Elsewhere.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:33 AM, 861oranges wrote:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I would really love to see Alphas return, if only to finish the storyline that ended so abruptly. We need to know what happened to one of the most fascinating characters in the world (Gary)!

I have watched Warehouse 13 from the beginning and would hate to see it go. With all the artifacts in the warehouse the possibilities are endless, and it does have a loyal fan base. Hope they don't leave us hanging like Alphas did.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:34 AM, bamamom92 wrote:

I would love to see more Chuck, Heroes, Legend of the Seeker, Sanctuary, and Warehouse 13... but most of all Merlin, and Journeyman - loved it and was so disappointed when they cancelled it!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:39 AM, jharperweb wrote:

Surprised no one mentioned Futurama! That would be a huge hit, I would think. Would definitely subscribe for that.

Would also love to see Pushing Daisies come back. Really liked that show.

Also agree with the comment above - Journeyman would be good.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:41 AM, tambo7 wrote:

I would love to see them bring back Star Trek Enterprise. I know it has been almost 10 years since UPN killed it but it was a great show. Star Trek has millions of fans worldwide. Help us out Netflix and bring back Enterprise. Also check out the bring back Enterprise campaign on Facebook.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:41 AM, bamamom92 wrote:

Also agree with bjines, Cold Case was excellent! I didn't realize Alphas was canceled, that's too bad. We watch Netflix a lot, love being able to start from the beginning and catch up on a show, or get missed episodes.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 3:57 AM, AceInMySleeve wrote:

A new star trek on Netflix is an interesting idea... particularly if they could tie in the reboot.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 4:33 AM, atarna wrote:

I would LOVE to see Flash Forward again. It was an amazing show with great acting. I couldn't believe ABC canceled it. If you haven't seen any episodes you should really check them out.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 4:33 AM, ricksull27 wrote:

I liked the finder, the shield or anything similar thanks

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 5:03 AM, aussie99 wrote:

If SyFy's foolish enough to cancel WH13, Netflix should pick it up asap. It's a great show. Nothing like it on TV. A thinking persons show with good action & great stories!!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 5:34 AM, sect212 wrote:

would love to see netflix pick up "Southland"

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 6:46 AM, bonbonaxis wrote:

The Borgias.

The show has been freshly cancelled without a proper grand finale season and has an active dedicated fan base that's STILL growing who are wanting more.

At least one more season!!!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 6:47 AM, Zonniwoop wrote:

There is a list about as long as my arm of shows that should be resurrected on NETFLIX...

The recently re-canceled Comedy Central show,

'FUTURAMA', and The (NBC based pilot) 'Beautiful People' that never aired; The BSG prequel, 'BLOOD and CHROME'... Why not a New show based on an old franchise like STARGATE?!

-- NETFLIX could do like the Brits and have an original season that is only about a dozen episodes per year... It would be the quality and not the quantity that would attract viewers... An Idea: NETFLIX could partner with the likes of PARAMOUNT and do an original, and more adult take on a new STAR TREK series!... THAT would bring in the Viewers and the subscriptions!!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 7:30 AM, jimsfire wrote:

I think with the rising costs of cable and satellite TV services like me people are getting rid of their services and going to the internet to watch their favorite TV programs. I watch about 60-70 % of my TV viewing is done through the Roku device. I enjoy watching the shows when I am ready and not having the cost of having a DVR or wondering if its full. Even though not all shows are offered to me its worth it to save that 100.00 for cable TV.

I think it would be smart for Netflix and Hulu to pick up shows that have been cancelled and produce them. TV networks have already proven that moving a show from one network to another works. I think they would have more people signing up for their services.

My only concern is if they decide to make this move what will be the cost increase to us. Hulu Plus already has commercials just like their free service Hulu. Netflix continues to show the entire show with no ads. Would this change ? Would they ad more commercials or increase the cost of their services.

This is something I will be watching ...

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 7:55 AM, siying wrote:

Warehouse 13 is good show! It should not be canceled

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 8:21 AM, susankhorn wrote:

Please, please, please have Netflix bring back Warehouse 13. I love Warehouse 13 and I love Netflix. I would be willing to pay a little more to have Netflix bringing back series that I love!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 8:36 AM, bobmartin1989 wrote:

BRING BACK TERRA NOVA!!! TERRA NOVA! TERRA NOVA! TERRA NOVA! At least give it a chance at a second season.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 8:51 AM, bugmenot wrote:

Men of a Certain Age, Terra Nova, Alphas, Men of a Certain Age... ;)

Lots of opportunity here; The networks are out of touch.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 9:08 AM, lislynhar wrote:

I second Pushing Daisies. That's the first show that came to mind when I read this article. I discovered it on Netflix and was very sad that it ended so abruptly with some hastily tied up plot lines and so many unanswered questions. Such a delightful and unique show.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 10:05 AM, dorlap wrote:

Netflix, bring back "Boss". A great show cancelled by Startz. They cancelled Boss, I cancelled Startz

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 10:46 AM, ThinkMn wrote:

The new Video shows (they're Not TV shows) should put a whole season on at a time and let us watch them at our own pace. If netflix does this it can walk away with the market. There is no reason to have shows released weekly and dictate when a user can watch it.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Rattledave wrote:

The 4400. Great show that deserved a better ending

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 11:34 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

Great comments everyone,

A few thoughts before I have to move on to the day's writing:

1. What a diversity of recommendation! If this doesn't get Netflix investors excited, I don't know what will. There's a near-endless stream of content ready to be rescued.

2. Lots of great stuff here for my own personal Netflix and Amazon Prime watch lists.

3. I'm shocked someone voted to resuscitate "Star Trek: Enterprise."

4. Sci-fi, horror, and fantasy has a large and growing following, judged not only by the comments here but the success of "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead."

Could it be that Netflix and HBO duke it out to see who gets the best of these so-called niche properties, taking with them what could be a valuable and lasting revenue source for networks?

Thanks again and Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 12:46 PM, hal4253 wrote:

Several of the shows mentioned above have an ending, although the story could have continued. There is a growing fanbase for Primeval New World, like so many other shows that didn't really have an ending (i.e. Jericho, Reaper, Vegas, Tera Nova, and Alphas, just to name a few). Primeval New World production was cancelled by Space and it currently airing on SyFy. Netflix should pick it up for at least one more season.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 1:41 PM, ronoldo wrote:

I would definitely watch a continuation of Terriers on Netflix. I doubt I'd watch the other 2 mentioned, but would enjoy seeing "Firefly" back.

But most of all, I would LOVE to see someone pick up and continue the Fox series "Lie to Me."

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 2:30 PM, greyhoundgirl wrote:

Another vote for the reboot of Joss Whedon's "Firefly".

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Finewheels wrote:

Firefly. That show should not have been cancelled!

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 2:40 PM, AceInMySleeve wrote:

"NO PRAWN STARS"

lol

"Could it be that Netflix and HBO duke it out to see who gets the best of these so-called niche properties"

If HBO wanted to do this it could have done so in the last 10 years. What's new here seems to be that no one really knows what the Netflix model makes possible.

So you have a show that gets cancelled. Why? Too expensive to produce? Too small audience? Too few time slots to show? First few episodes were horrible but show was good after that? Second season would have been a lot better?

So how many of the reasons why shows get cancelled does the Netflix model change. Because if it changes none of them, then nothing new is going to happen.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 4:28 PM, hofchick wrote:

Defying Gravity. Original cast please.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 5:04 PM, ptprockprincess wrote:

Bring Back Dollhouse! I was hooked on it as soon as i joined Netflix and watched through every episode in a few weeks. Eliza Dushku (no Dollhouse without her) would have to continue being the star though for me to stay interested. Also more seasons of Charmed could be awesome.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 5:05 PM, GeoMetalStar wrote:

Stargate Universe should be allowed to finish it's run, and help wrap up SG1 & Atlantis with SGU tie-ins. All Netflix would really need to do is at least one more full season, then maybe a mini-series, and a movie or two. That should be enough to wrap up 17 seasons of Stargate that ended on a CLIFF-HANGER! Thanks Syfy, jerks.

Firefly would be an added bonus... I'd even like to see Terra Nova make a return.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 5:24 PM, ptprockprincess wrote:

Also Flash Forward and hopefully another season of Arrested Development.

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 5:47 PM, frappy56 wrote:

I would like to see GCB come back, that was such a funny show...

• Report this Comment On June 23, 2013, at 8:25 PM, daisycyrus wrote:

Bring back The Secret Circle! I was obsessed with the first season and the finale showed some real promise! Plus I love Britt Robertson.

• Report this Comment On June 24, 2013, at 3:05 AM, FLAW3DLOG1C wrote:

Among my personal list of cancelled TV programming (mostly by SyFy) that I would love to see renewed as exclusives on Netflix are -Eureka, -Warehouse_13 and -Dead Like Me (Firefly goes without saying, obviously). Honestly, moving WH13 from SyFy after its final season to Netflix and rebooting Eureka on netflix would be a major step up in quality from what I've seen from Netflix's original productions. I would much rather watch all shows online anyway. I just don't actively sit and "watch" tv anymore. Who really does now? Between my HD-DVR Cable and my $3000 gaming computer, I will choose my computer - every time. It makes my cable company's 1080i "HD" signal look like grainy 720i at best - and I know how to set up high-end electronics, professionally; tvs, Hi Fi audio, etc. But I digress. The future for new entertainment / programming is direct to internet/streaming. Cable/Satellite is too cumbersome, slow, inefficient, and simply outdated for the majority of today's consumers. I think Netflix has already figured this out and time will tell. - - Looking forward to the future. - -

• Report this Comment On June 24, 2013, at 8:22 AM, huston58 wrote:

I would like to see the journyman, daybreak, the event , vegas with dinnis quade,and althyough i can't remember the name of it that vegas show with jim belushie

• Report this Comment On June 24, 2013, at 8:25 AM, huston58 wrote:

I wish netflix would not pick up anything with less than 3 seasons it so sad to see a good show on there and no it is not worth getting into because it is not going anywhere

• Report this Comment On June 24, 2013, at 11:08 PM, marystika wrote:

I would LOVE to see original episodes of Warehouse 13 made by Netflix! I don't want to see the show go...

• Report this Comment On June 25, 2013, at 8:38 AM, xxxizabela wrote:

Warehouse 13, for sure!!

• Report this Comment On June 28, 2013, at 6:26 PM, Grimslayerking wrote:

Please bring back my name is earl I would pay more for that, funny show good message...also Heroes

• Report this Comment On July 11, 2013, at 9:00 PM, IvyBennett2013 wrote:

Heroes, Flash Forward, Life Unexpected, Smash, Harry's Law, Gilmore Girls (though this one is the most unlikely I think)

• Report this Comment On July 11, 2013, at 9:02 PM, IvyBennett2013 wrote:

Oh, and CAMELOT!!

• Report this Comment On July 24, 2013, at 9:02 PM, Grahburgers wrote:

The trouble with a lot of recently canceled shows is how hard it can be to get the cast back together. Jumping in and saving Warehouse 13 doesn't have that problem... And anyone, like myself, who is not a Netflix subscriber but IS a big Warehouse 13 fan would definitely BECOME a subscriber!

• Report this Comment On August 11, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Unak78 wrote:

My Name is Earl, Better off Ted, Dollhouse, Caprica...

• Report this Comment On August 14, 2013, at 8:41 PM, vayne923 wrote:

Pick up Alphas, please, Netflix.

• Report this Comment On September 09, 2013, at 6:51 AM, motlucey wrote:

Farscape, LEXX, Firefly, Fringe, Warehouse 13.

Pilot films for the older shows, with fresh talent added and script, and new blue body paint for Virginia Hey that won't make her ill like the last blue paint did reason she dropped out.

Bring Sai back from the dead! Oh, gosh, what am I talking about, Michael McManus is gray.

Still, a pilot film with a good script would be awesome. Would love to see the characters from those shows again.

I understand the fifth season of Fringe will be on Netflix beginning September 11th which is this Wednesday!. (It had already aired , but premature of contract, so it had to be pulled and postponed),

• Report this Comment On October 21, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Rab567 wrote:

I would love to see stargate universe revived. A great series with a lot of potential for future episodes.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2014, at 12:13 AM, twnzach wrote:

before there was House Of Cards, there was Boss. Kelsey Grammar brought a wonderful act to television, and I am dismayed to no end that I cannot continue on to the 3rd season. That said, NETFLIX was MADE to bring Boss back to TV. AND THE SHOW WILL GET THE RATINGS IT DESERVES. I''ve watched how netflix and the binge viewers work together. This show and netflix should take advantage and solidify such an amazing piece of work into television history. oh, and they should also help grammar bring Back To You back to television.

• Report this Comment On May 30, 2014, at 5:00 PM, tvmad wrote:

is see a lot of shows being talked about here for returning but guys you seem to be forgetting that the longer a show has been off the air the hard it will be to get the actors available to do it or willing. Firefly is the one i see most mentioned. you really think Nathan Fillion is going to quit castle to go off a big network and return to a show that failed. netfilxs will get the new season of Seinfeld before firefly ( in other words never going to happen) i do think picking up cancelled shows is a good idea but freshly canceled ones