Motley Fool Co-Founder David Gardner's Approach to "Fearless" Investing

It's no secret that the biotech industry is complex.

Take a peek at press releases from companies like Amgen or Biogen, for instance, and you'll probably find scientific jargon, statistics, and abbreviations that don't seem to make any sense. Investors may feel intimidated and overwhelmed when researching stocks in this industry, and many completely shun the biotech space because they think it's too difficult to understand – but do you really need to go through medical school before investing in this sector?

Motley Fool co-founder David Gardner doesn't think so. In this interview, David sits down with analyst Max Macaluso to discuss why investors often avoid complex sectors like biotech, how he first started investing in this industry, and the broader role that fear plays in investing. David also discusses how he generates new ideas, his process for analyzing businesses in different industries, and his thoughts on innovative companies like Amazon and Kickstarter.

Interested in learning more about David Gardner's investing style? Then check out his Motley Fool Rule Breakers service by clicking here.

• Report this Comment On November 14, 2013, at 3:10 PM, TMFHousel wrote:

Great stuff, guys.

• Report this Comment On November 15, 2013, at 10:46 AM, maggie2devore wrote:

If I was not going to be 82 this month I would be investing with you guys -- don't trust my minimal knowledge at all.

• Report this Comment On November 15, 2013, at 12:38 PM, MattC17 wrote:

You should get your $20 back. Call of Duty Ghosts did not sell through one billion to consumers, only to retailers.

• Report this Comment On November 15, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Tom1758 wrote:

I joined Motley Fool at 54 and am in a low paying field.. Marriage and Family Therapy but along with watching every tape DG has done and following Tom Engle I learned to trust my therapy skills and be comfortable with ambiguity and anxiety. I also learned to look forward not back and really look at a companies intergrity.My portfolio now at 64 is amazing and for the first time I can see families I want to and not be driven by the need for an income. This is a first in my life and it feels wonderful. Tom1758

• Report this Comment On November 16, 2013, at 5:06 PM, poleinahole wrote:

Max asks great questions. This is one of the best DG interviews. Might be time for Max to be host of Supernova podcasts.

DocumentId: 2726313, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 7/28/2014 9:22:25 AM