- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter, you must answer the questions posed in the "Comments" area of the article. Please limit your response to 250 words or less. This contest runs from 8:00AM (ET) on December 15, 2009 to 8:00PM (ET) on December 17, 2009. You may enter as many times as you would like.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, LLC (along with its contractors, affiliates, and subsidiaries) are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. All decisions of the judges are final.
- PRIZES: The prizes will include Fool gear and free subscriptions to Motley Fool newsletters (approximate retail values: $50-$299).
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent, and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winners may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winners. By accepting the prize, the winners consent to the use of their names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Web site, or who is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to, participation in the contest.
- WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 12-Hour Giveaway Contest, The Motley Fool, 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Contest Rules for the 12-Hour Giveaway
December 14, 2009 | Comments (15)
DocumentId: 1066515, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 12/17/2014 4:39:51 PM