Money is no joking matter, but that doesn't mean that investors can't have a sense of humor. Here are six jokes covering financial news that has broken over the past week. Apologies in advance if they fail to educate, amuse, or enrich.
1. Why did Ford
It's a ticker symbol. It's a school grade. It's a ticker symbol. It's a school grade.
- Bowling for Ballmer, a game show where sweaty guys with receding hairlines deal with ridiculous splits.
- V for Vista, a rebel flick in which an unwanted operating system exacts revenge against those who denied it a shot at glory. XP marks the spot.
- Microsoftlandia, an amusement park where ride openings are delayed and the fruit carts never stock apples.
I have no idea, but I like the way you think.
4. Executive defections continue at Yahoo!
- Will the last person to leave Yahoo! please shut off the plight?
- It's Peanut Butter Smelly Time! Peanut Butter Smelly Time!
- I never thought I'd miss Terry Semel.
- Car? What car?
6. China announced a 17% increase in gas prices on Thursday. What was the immediate reaction?
Well, 1.3 billion bicycles were dusted off.
Here are a few earlier Wall Street riddles: