Based on the aggregated intelligence of 180,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool's free investing community, pet and garden supplies specialist Central Garden & Pet Co.
With that in mind, let's take a closer look at Central Garden & Pet's business and see what CAPS investors are saying about the stock right now.
Central Garden & Pet facts
|Headquarters (founded)||Walnut Creek, Calif. (1955)|
|Market Cap||$437.7 million|
|Trailing-12-Month Revenue||$1.6 billion|
|Management||Chairman/CEO William Brown
CFO Lori Varlas
|Return on Equity (average, past 3 years)||8%|
|Cash/Debt||$28.1 million / $566.9 million|
Sources: S&P Capital IQ and Motley Fool CAPS.
On CAPS, 84% of the 129 members who have rated Central Garden & Pet believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 going forward.
- Business is well-diversified
- They are in a long-term restructuring which if well done could yield huge savings and allow them to bring down their debt
- Chart on the bottom of the one-year uptrend channel
- [Q2] was an utter disappointment but this might have been caused by unique circumstances of the ongoing transformation from many small businesses into an integrated, multi-brand company
- Huge debt
- Chart breaks down from overextended run-up, could fall further
If you want market-beating returns, you need to put together the best portfolio you can. Owning exceptional stocks is a surefire way to secure your financial future. Of course, despite a strong four-star rating, Central Garden & Pet may not be your top choice.
If that's the case, we've compiled a special free report for investors called "Discover the Next Rule-Breaking Multibagger," which uncovers another small-cap growth play with big potential. The report is 100% free, but it won't be around forever, so click here to access it now.
Want to see how well (or not so well) the stocks in this series are performing? Follow the new TrackPoisedTo CAPS account.
Fool contributor Brian Pacampara owns no position in any of the companies mentioned. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Scotts Miracle-Gro. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days.