In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the latest developments in the tech sector with Evan Niu, CFA, our tech and telecom bureau chief.
- After several missteps over the years, Hewlett-Packard is getting back into the smartphone market. CEO Meg Whitman kept her promise.
- Move over, Apple and Samsung. There's a new top dog dominating the Chinese smartphone market, and it's the new kid on the block.
- After years of anticipation, Apple finally gets its most important device on the biggest network in the world. Will China Mobile give Apple momentum into the new year?
- Apple might be preparing to release a much larger 12.9-inch iPad Pro this year. Judging by Samsung's new devices, this might be too big.
- To get more Windows Phone manufacturers in its camp, Microsoft might be cutting software license fees. That strategy might just be working.
- Facebook may be looking to expand its presence in delivering news with a new service.