This New Air Canada Credit Card Offers a Bonus Worth 100K Points and Elite Status
Air Canada and Chase have introduced a new travel rewards card with a unique bonus offer.
- Chase and Air Canada have joined together to introduce a new travel credit card.
- The welcome bonus includes elite status benefits and two free flight certificates worth up to 50,000 points each.
Using a travel card can be an excellent way to earn valuable rewards and take advantage of benefits to make your travel experience better. While there are many top travel rewards cards out there, new cards continue to be introduced to meet the ever-changing needs of travelers.
If you like to use credit cards to earn rewards on your spending and take advantage of bonus offers, you may be interested in the new Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card. Chase and Air Canada have teamed up to offer a card loaded with perks and an attractive new cardmember bonus.
This brand new card was created with travelers in mind. Even travelers who aren't Air Canada loyalists will find value in this card.
Save: This credit card has one of the longest intro 0% interest periods around
More: Save while you pay off debt with one of these top-rated balance transfer credit cards
The Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card has a unique offer for new cardmembers
New cardmembers can take advantage of the following welcome offer:
- Two welcome flight reward certificates worth up to 100,000 points (50,000 points per certificate) after meeting the minimum spend of $4,0000 within three months.
- Automatically receive Aeroplan 25K Elite Status for the remainder of the first calendar year in which their card is opened, plus the following calendar year.
The flight reward certificates reduce the base fare in points of a single Aeroplan flight rewards ticket for one passenger by up to 50,000 points.
If you're redeeming for a flight worth less than 50,000 Aeroplan points, the remaining value of the flight reward certificate will be forfeited. If you're redeeming for a flight worth more than 50,000 Aeroplan points, you'll be required to pay the additional points required.
By earning 25K Elite Status by carrying this card, you can make travel with Air Canada more enjoyable. Some of the benefits include priority check-in, early boarding, two free checked bags, and two one-time Maple Leaf Lounge passes.
This card comes with notable perks and offers rewards
In addition to the unique bonus offer listed above, the Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card comes with other benefits. You can also earn significant rewards depending on how you use your card.
These are the main highlights of this travel card:
- Earn 3 points per $1 on dining, takeout, delivery, grocery store spending, and purchases made directly with Air Canada, and earn 1 point per $1 on other purchases.
- Earn 500 bonus points for every $2,000 spent in a calendar month (with a 1,500 points maximum per calendar month).
- Enjoy a free first checked bag on Air Canada flights for the primary cardholder and up to eight other travelers on the same itinerary.
- Get a $100 statement credit for either the Global Entry, TSA Precheck, or NEXUS application fee, available once every four years.
- Each calendar year in which you spend at last $15,000 with your card, you'll be eligible to maintain your Aeroplan 25K Elite Status through the following calendar year.
- Enjoy travel protection benefits, including baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, trip delay reimbursement, auto rental collision damage waiver, and roadside assistance.
Here's how you can use your points
You can redeem the points earned with this card for Air Canada flights or airline partner flights. In 2022, Chase will also allow cardholders to redeem points for eligible travel purchases through its Pay Yourself Back program at a rate of $0.0125 per point on up to 50,000 points per year.
The Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card has an annual fee of $95 per year, and there are no foreign transaction fees charged when using the card internationally. This card is available to U.S.-based consumers.
If you're in the market for a new travel rewards card, you may want to consider the Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card. To learn more about other cards that earn rewards, take a look at our top rewards credit cards.
Alert: highest cash back card we've seen now has 0% intro APR until 2024
If you're using the wrong credit or debit card, it could be costing you serious money. Our experts love this top pick, which features a 0% intro APR until 2024, an insane cash back rate of up to 5%, and all somehow for no annual fee.
In fact, this card is so good that our experts even use it personally. Click here to read our full review for free and apply in just 2 minutes.
Our Research Expert
We're firm believers in the Golden Rule, which is why editorial opinions are ours alone and have not been previously reviewed, approved, or endorsed by included advertisers. The Ascent does not cover all offers on the market. Editorial content from The Ascent is separate from The Motley Fool editorial content and is created by a different analyst team.