Capital One® Platinum Review
We are committed to full transparency as part of our mission to make the world smarter, happier, & richer. You should know that offers on The Ascent may be from our partners - it's how we make money. That transparency to you is core to our editorial integrity, which isn’t influenced by compensation.
Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
Great for: Building credit Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
Our ratings are based on a 5 star scale. 5 stars equals Best. 4 stars equals Excellent. 3 stars equals Good. 2 stars equals Fair. 1 star equals Poor.
Our Bottom Line
One of the leading cards among its competitors, mainly due to its focus on cutting nuisance fees, such as annual dues and for foreign transactions.
Credit Rating Requirement:
What we Like:
- No annual fee
- Access to a higher credit line
- No penalty APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Regular APR: 26.99% Variable
- Intro APR: Purchases: N/A Balance Transfers: N/A
- Pay no annual fee
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- Use online banking to access your account, even from your smartphone, with our mobile app
- Pay by check, online or at a local branch, all with no fee - and pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Get access to your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Help strengthen your credit for the future with responsible card use