In this video, I will discuss Sea Limited's (SE 2.46%) recent quarter and whether now is a good time to open a position with the stock being down 65% year to date and the business still growing fast.
- Garena is still experiencing headwinds from the reopening, but management said that it is seeing some stabilization from the slowdown and loss of active and paying users.
- Shopee and Sea Money are still growing extremely fast but are also still unprofitable. This is why Garena's profitability is extremely important.
- Total gross profits in Q1 grew 81% year over year to $1.2 billion.
- Net loss increased to $580.1 million from $422.1 million in the prior-year quarter.
- Full-year GAAP revenue guidance for e-commerce is now expected to grow 71.8% at the midpoint, which is lower than the 75.7% previously guided for.
For the full insights, do watch the video, consider subscribing, and click the special-offer link below.
*Stock prices used were the closing prices of May 16, 2022. The video was published on May 17, 2022.