In this video, Motley Fool health care analyst David Williamson takes a look at three biotech stocks making moves today and what you should know about them. Sequenom (NASDAQ: SQNM) made a big jump today despite higher-than-expected losses because of continued interest in its MaterniT21 Down syndrome test. SciClone Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SCLN) released some disappointing numbers. And ISIS Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:IONS) is up 15% after a recent buy rec from Cowen, but Williamson warns that there are some mitigating factors around ISIS that should curb investors' enthusiasm.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/20/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, inc (IONS) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- The Best Biotech Stocks to Buy With $500
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IONS) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Here's Why Ionis Pharmaceuticals Stock Got Slammed Today
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IONS) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript