With the massive overproduction of natural gas in the United States, the price has fallen to levels that are painful for many companies to swallow. In this video, Motley Fool energy analysts Joel South and Taylor Muckerman talk about how companies such as SandRidge (UNKNOWN:SD.DL) and Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK), which purchased huge amounts of natural gas land assets before the prices dropped, are now struggling with severe cash flow issues, and have had to make a number of sales just to make ends meet. Joel and Taylor also discuss a few low-cost natural gas producers that are still thriving, even at today's prices.
Joel is a University of Washington graduate and covers energy and materials for The Motley Fool. Be sure to follow The Motley Fool's energy and materials Twitter for all your energy and materials coverage. Follow @tmfenergy
- Southwestern Energy Co (SWN) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Southwestern Energy Co (SWN) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why Southwestern Energy, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, and Chegg Slumped Today
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why Gap, Nektar Therapeutics, and Southwestern Energy Jumped Today