Each week I cull a top stock idea from the pitches made on CAPS, The Motley Fool's 180,000-member free investing community. Want your idea considered for this series? Make a compelling pitch on CAPS with a minimum length of 400 words. Want to follow the weekly picks? Follow me on Facebook or Twitter.
Michael Kors Holdings (NYSE:KORS)
Star Rating (out of 5)
Michael Kors Outperform Pick
Stock Price at Outperform Recommendation:
KORS was placed on Caps at $57.57. Their growth has been exceptional. They are trading at the low end of their trading range due to their yearly new stock offering which inflates shares outstanding. Even though shares are growing very quickly they are expanding their store base quickly and the money brought in from shares will allow them to do it without taking on debt. Net income is growing fast enough, not to affect shareholders so far.
The present P/E ratio is 33.87 and although that is on the high side of 30, they have grown revenues by over 70% for the last three quarters. I think this one will do quite well in my Caps portfolio. They have no debt and over $405 million in cash.
June 12, 2012 4Q: 2012 earnings highlights:
- 4Q revenue was $379.99 million up 58.3% from $240 million
- Fiscal 2012 revenue was $1.3 billion up 61.8% from $803.34 million
- Fiscal 2012 revenue per share $6.60 per share
- 4Q earnings were $0.22 up from $0.10
- Fiscal 2012 earnings were $0.78 up from $0.40
- Diluted share count 196.855 million up from 179.2 million
- Cash flow for the year was 27.1 million down from $52.96 million
- Cash flow for the year was $27.1 million or $0.14 per share
- Trading range between June 12, 2012 and August 14, 2012 was $36.81 to $45.20: P/E ratio range was 47.19 to 57.95: PS ratio range was 5.58 to 6.85: Cash flow yield not meaningful
August 14, 2012 1Q: 2013 earnings' highlights:
- Revenue was $414.865 million up 70.6% from $243.126 million
- TTM revenue was $1.47 billion or $7.38 per share
- Earnings were $0.34 up from $0.13
- TTM earnings were $0.99
- Diluted share count 199.39 million
- Cash flow for the quarter was $41.2 million up from $36.8 million
- TTM cash flow was $31.5 million or $0.16
- Trading range between August 14, 2012 and November 13, 2012 was $47.15 to $58.62: P/E ratio range was 47.63 to 59.22: PS ratio range was 6.39 to 7.94 cash flow yield not meaningful
November 13, 2012 2Q: 2013 earnings' highlights:
- Revenue was $532.935 million up 74.4% from $305.532 million
- TTM revenue was $1.7 billion or $8.48 per share
- Earnings were $0.49 up from $0.22
- TTM earnings were $1.26
- Diluted share count 200.192 million
- Cash flow for six months was $70.839 million up from negative ($12.127 million)
- TTM cash flow was $110.1 million or $0.55 per share
- Trading range between November 13, 2012 and February 12, 2013 was $46.66 to $60.00 P/E ratio range was 37.03 to 47.62: PS ratio range was 5.5 to 7.08: Cash flow yield range was .09% to 1.2%
February 12, 2013 3Q: 2013 earnings' highlights:
- Revenue was $636.8 million up 70.45% from $373.606 million
- TTM revenue was $1.96 billion or $9.68
- Earnings were $0.64 up from $0.20
- TTM earnings were $1.70 per share
- Diluted share count 202.82 million
- Cash flow for nine months was $174.332 million up from $60.55 million
- TTM cash flow was $140.88 million or $0.70
- Cash $405.78 million: debt 0
- Trading range between February 12, 2013 and the present February 26, 2013 was $57.85 to $65.10: P/E ratio range was 34.03 to 38.29: PS ratio range was 5.98 to 6.73: Cash Flow yield range was 1.1% to 1.2%
thompsonFN estimates: February 26, 2013
- 4Q: 2013 $0.38
- Fiscal 2013 $1.85
- 1Q:2014 $0.48
- Fiscal 2014 $2.41
Dan Dzombak can be found on Twitter, @DanDzombak, or on his Facebook page, DanDzombak. He has no position in any of the companies mentioned in this article. Pitches must be compelling, made in the past 30 days, and be at least 400 words. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
More from The Motley Fool
3 Reasons for Michael Kors Holdings Investors to Be Cautiously Optimistic
A multitude of challenges remain for the iconic luxury fashion company, but there are some reasons for investors to believe better days are ahead.
What Happened in the Stock Market Today
On a positive day for the overall market, Michael Kors and Sprint investors endured outsize volatility. Here's why.
Why Michael Kors Holdings Ltd Stock Popped Today
Shares of the fashion brand jumped as it delivered strong quarterly results and closed on its Jimmy Choo acquisition.