STOCK MADNESS CONTEST RULES
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the Contest, you must select the stocks you think will "win" in each of the thirteen (13) "games." A stock wins by recording a larger percentage gain than its opponent on the day of competition. For the tiebreaker, you must also tell us how many total points you think will be scored in the NCAA men's basketball tournament final on April 1st. You can either post your selections on the Fool Contests discussion board or email them to email@example.com. Entries must be received and posted by 12:00 p.m. (EST) on March 22, 2002. So don't wait until the last minute. Only one entry per person/per email address, please per Contest rounds. In the event of multiple entries, only the last entry will be considered.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to registered Motley Fool users who are legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the Contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The entrant with the highest point total will be the winner. In the event of a tie, the person whose guess is the closest as to the actual total points scored in the NCAA final will win the tiebreaker. If there is still a tie, the winner will be randomly chosen. Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: Following six Contest rounds, the winner with the highest overall point total (as determined here) will receive the grand prize, five hundred dollars ($500). The winner of this Contest round will receive the "Panning for Gold" seminar for free. No substitution of prizes is permitted except by The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winners may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winners. By acceptance of a prize, the winners consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from participation in the Contest or use of any prize won.
10. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Stock Madness Contest, The Motley Fool, 123 North Pitt Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.