Follow @themotleyfool on Twitter for more fun contests and money-related Tweets. Contest rules for the "My Dumbest Investment" contest are below.
Motley Fool Twitter Contest December 31, 2019 Rules
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The contest will begin on 12/31/2019 and submissions will end at 11:59pm ET 01/01/2020. Winners will be judged and notified promptly thereafter. Contestants must follow The Motley Fool's Twitter account (@themotleyfool), have Twitter Direct Messages (DMs) open to the account and provide a response to the prompt "What was your dumbest investment of the last decade and what did you learn from it?" that is readable by the @themotleyfool account.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees, board members and contractors (and their families) of The Motley Fool or any of its affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: There will be 1 winner selected among those who have provided a response, by a judging panel that includes Tom Gardner, The Motley Fool's co-founder and CEO.
- PRIZES: The 1 winner will receive US$599.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified via Twitter direct message (DM) about their prizes.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner may be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winner may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the prize, the winner's consent to the use of his or her name, Twitter handle, contest submission and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, contestants' images or name for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Twitter Contest Team, Attention David K, The Motley Fool, LLC, 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.