You've asked for it and you've finally got it! We've launched an online store where you can order Fool merch, from shirts and caps to mugs and stickers, and much more. Be one of the 10 lucky Fools who will win $50 gift cards to stock up on Fool merch! Check out our Instagram to enter, and read the details below. Entries limited to U.S. residents 18+, subject to the terms and conditions of the contest.
Motley Fool Instagram Contest June 2020 Rules
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The contest will begin on 06/30/2020 and winners will be picked on 07/14/2020. Contestants must have Instagram Direct Messages (DMs) accessible to the public, be following The Motley Fool's Instagram account (@themotleyfoolofficial), answer correctly to the question in the original Instagram post, and tag a friend in order to be eligible to win.
To enter without posting or any other obligation: On a piece of paper or 3x5 card, print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and email address and mail it in a stamped envelope to Instagram Contest, The Motley Fool, 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. One entry per person. All entries must be postmarked no later than July 2, 2020.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees, board members and contractors (and their families) of The Motley Fool or any of its affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: There will be 10 winners in total selected among those who have provided a correct answer to the question and tagged a friend.
4. PRIZES: All winners will get a gift card to The Motley Fool's Company Store. Cash value of prize: $50.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All members will be notified via Instagram direct message (DM) about their prizes.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner may be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winner may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the prize, the winner's consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, contestants' images, names, and/ or usernames for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Programming Team, The Motley Fool, LLC, 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.