On Oct. 12, Costco
- Sales and earnings exceeded analyst estimates.
- Earnings from 2005 increased by 12.7%, from $2.04 to $2.30 per share, when normalized for one-time benefits.
- There were very slight margin declines across the board.
(Figures in millions, except per-share data)
Income Statement Highlights
Get back to basics with a look at the income statement.
Margins are the earnings engine. See how they work.
Balance Sheet Highlights
Cash + ST Invest.
Learn the ways of the balance sheet.
Cash Flow Highlights
Costco should check its bulk packaging for a missing cash flow statement.
Find out why Fools always follow the money.
- BJ's Wholesale
- Sears Holdings
- J.C. Penney
- Costco Takes It on the Chin
- Costco's Intriguing Sales Trends
- Costco's Competitive Secret
- Costco's Patience Pays
Fool by Numbers is designed to give you the raw earnings information in a timely fashion, putting all the numbers you need in one easy-to-read place. But at The Motley Fool, we believe numbers tell only part of the story, so checkFool.com for more of our in-depth discussion of what the numbers mean.