In this video, Nate Silver discusses why polling data can have major flaws, and why, when one pollster gets it wrong, the error can spread like a virus. The problem is the same mentality that has caused some of the worst financial crashes in history.
Nov 2, 2012 at 7:19PM
Full-time host of the Motley Fool Money radio show, MarketFoolery podcast, and other things. Part-time connoisseur of movies, basketball & fine bourbon.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Join Stock Advisor
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/17/2021.
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Apple Tripled Its Ad Market Share After Blocking Competitors from Targeting Consumers
- Wary US and European Consumers are Hanging on to $2.7 Trillion in Pandemic Cash
- Netflix Estimates Nearly $900 Million Value From "Squid Game" So Far
- Karooooo Ltd. (KARO) Q2 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- Badger Meter, inc (BMI) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript