In this segment of the Motley Fool's "Ask a Fool" video series, analyst Blake Bos takes a question from a Motley Fool reader, who asks, "Is 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) a value investing choice?" While 3D Systems is one of the cheaper plays in the 3-D printing space, Blake cautions investors that the value investing approach may not be a good fit with the high valuations and wild volatility in the 3-D printing industry today. Blake then gives one strategy that investors who are interested in 3-D printing stocks can use to get into a position while still mitigating risk.
The Motley Fool's industrials analyst, I specialize in 3-D printing and also do my best to stay up-to-date in the fields of robotics and oceanic transportation. Follow me on Twitter, Google+, and/or Facebook below for the most important 3-D printing industry developments and other great stories.
- Nov 13, 2013 at 6:32PM
- 3D Systems vs. Stratasys: Which Had the Better 2018 Earnings Results?
- Why 3D Systems Stock Plunged 14% on Friday, After Rising 6% After Hours on Thursday
- Why Walgreens Boots Alliance, 3D Systems, and ImmunoGen Slumped Today
- Why 3D Systems Corporation's Shares Plunged 14% Today
- 3D Systems Caps Off 2018 With Solid 3D Printer Sales Growth