1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the Contest, you must, in 200-1000 words, tell us how you're enjoying life and having fun with your money. The contest begins on Dec. 17, 2001 and ends at noon ET on Dec. 20, 2001. All entries must be received and posted by this time. So don't wait until the last minute. Only one entry per person/per email address, please. In the event of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, The Ayco Company, L.P., DirectAdvice, Inc., and Simon & Schuster (along with their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries) are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the Contest but may not win any prizes.
PRIZES: The top three submissions will receive a one-year subscription to TMF Money Advisor absolutely free. Winning submissions will also be considered for publication in the Fool's next book to be published by Simon & Schuster this spring. No substitution of prizes is permitted except by The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
WINNER SELECTION: Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. All decisions of the judges are final.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winners. By acceptance of a prize, the winners consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this website, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool, The Ayco Company, L.P., DirectAdvice, Inc., and Simon & Schuster from any liability resulting from or related to participation in the Contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Having Fun Contest, The Motley Fool, 123 North Pitt Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.