1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the Contest, you must tell us in 500 words or less on our Fool Contests discussion board what your favorite investment is and why. This Contest round begins on January 22, 2002 and ends at noon (EST) January 24, 2001. All entries must be received and posted by this time. So don't wait until the last minute. Only one entry per person/per email address, please per each Contest round. In the event of multiple entries, only the last entry will be considered.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the Contest but may not win any prizes.
3. PRIZES: Following six Contest rounds, the winner with the highest point total will receive the grand prize, five hundred dollars ($500). The winner of this Contest round will receive a Motley Fool tee-shirt and ballcap. No substitution of prizes is permitted except by The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. Submissions will be based on clarity and persuasiveness. All decisions of the judges are final.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winners may be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winners. By acceptance of a prize, the winners consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or use of any prize won.
10. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the My Favorite Investment Contest, The Motley Fool, 123 North Pitt Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
More from The Motley Fool
Tech Is Walking Away From Wearables
What we did and didn’t see at CES, and what that means for the biggest trends in the tech industry.
Nintendo Switch Is the Fastest-Selling Console in U.S. History
And it could be on pace to become the best-selling console ever. How has Nintendo worked this magic?
Our Best Foolish Advice for Getting Healthier and Wealthier in 2018
At The Motley Fool, we assert that financial fitness and physical fitness can be linked.