1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the Contest, you must list in a single post on our Fool Contests discussion board, the five topics most frequently asked about (in order of frequency from first to fifth) on the Ayco Answerline ® by TMF Money Advisor members during the time period from August 27, 2001 to February 12, 2002, as reported to The Motley Fool by The Ayco Company. As a tiebreaker, in the event that multiple entrants receive the same score, you must submit the best question that you might ask. This Contest round begins on February 19, 2002 and ends at noon (EST) February 22, 2002. All entries must be received and posted by this time. So don't wait until the last minute. Entrants who cannot post messages on the Fool Contests message board may send their entries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only one entry per person/per email address, please per each Contest round. In the event of multiple entries, only the last entry will be considered.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the Contest but may not win any prizes.
3. PRIZES: Following six Contest rounds, the winner with the highest point total (as determined here) will receive the grand prize, five hundred dollars ($500). The winner of this Contest round will receive a free one-year membership to TMF Money Advisor. No substitution of prizes is permitted except by The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Each entrant shall receive one credit for listing one of the top five topics, and another credit for placing the topic in the proper place in order of frequency. If two or more entrants receive the same number of credits, the judges will choose a winner based upon the better tiebreaker question. Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. All decisions of the judges are final. In the event of a tie even after the tiebreaker, the judges will randomly select a winner from among the tied entrants.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winners may be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winners. By acceptance of a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION:All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Web site or to be otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or use of any prize won.
10. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Top Helpline Questions Contest, The Motley Fool, 123 North Pitt Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.