Roku (ROKU 4.72%) earnings are out! Is this the streaming stock that you need in your portfolio?
The major highlights of Roku's Q4 earnings are the following:
- Total net revenue grew 58% year over year.
- Active accounts are up 39% year over year, adding roughly 14.3 million new users compared to last year and 5.2 million new users compared to a quarter ago.
- Average revenue per user (ARPU) hit $28.76.
- Platform revenue (which consists of ads and subscriptions) is up 81% year over year and makes up 72% of the total revenue. This has terrific gross margins of 63.8%. The other 28% comes from player revenue, which is only up 18% year over year, with low-single-digit margins for the quarter.
- It reported 17 billion streaming hours, up 55%.
- It has future plans to continue to expand into new regions and markets.