In this video, I talk about what to expect from Nvidia's (NVDA 0.81%) second-quarter earnings, especially after what companies like Intel and Advanced Micro Devices have shown us these past few weeks.
- Nvidia announced today preliminary Q2 revenue of $6.7 billion, which is a huge miss when you look at the outlook it gave in Q1 of $8.1 billion.
- The company says that the miss is driven by weaker gaming revenue, as we had seen when AMD reported earnings.
- But unlike Intel, Nvidia's date center segment did grow 61% year over year (YOY).
- The gaming segment fell 33% YOY and is down 44% quarter over quarter.
- Nvidia will discuss its financial results and outlook on an Aug. 24 earnings call.
- It seems like even a company like Nvidia is not immune to tough macro conditions.
For the full insights, do watch the video, consider subscribing, and click the special offer link below.
*Stock prices used were the closing prices of Aug. 5, 2022. The video was published on Aug. 8, 2022.