On Tuesday, Jan. 23, aesthetic-laser maker Candela
- Revenues were flat, coming in at $37.4 million versus $37.7 million last year.
- Net income, however, fell 77% to $1 million, or $0.04 per share, versus last year's $4.5 million, or $0.19 per share.
- Results were hurt by large increases in R&D spending, which soared to $4.6 million from $1.8 million in the year-ago quarter.
- Rising inventories in the face of stagnant sales are a worrisome sign that Candela can't move its products.
- Candela has a lowly one-star rating at Motley Fool CAPS.
(Figures in thousands, except per-share data)
Income Statement Highlights
Get back to basics with a look at the income statement.
Margins are the earnings engine. See how they work.
Balance Sheet Highlights
Cash + ST Invest.
Learn the ways of the balance sheet.
Cash Flow Highlights
No cash flow statement provided in press release. Boo!
Find out why Fools always follow the money.
- Palomar Medical Technologies
- Syneron Medical
- Foolish Forecast: Dim Hope for Candela
- Candela's October Surprise
- A Fuzzy Forecast for Candela
- Candela Singed by Patent Lawsuit
Fool by Numbers is designed to give you the raw earnings information in a timely fashion, putting all the numbers you need in one easy-to-read place. But at The Motley Fool, we believe numbers tell only part of the story, so check Fool.com for more of our in-depth discussion of what the numbers mean.