Fool co-founder David Gardner guest-hosted this morning's edition of CNBC's Worldwide Exchange. David shared his thoughts on the earnings season (which starts today with Alcoa's announcement) and on investing in general. Click below to watch the video. A few snippets:
- "We can be selective and find where the growth is."
- "We are living through a technology boom."
- "I focus on individual companies."
- "I stay focused not on a quarter or a year, but on five- or 10-year increments."
- "I stay focused on companies that are innovating."
- "What I really like to do as a bottoms-up investor is to look for companies that are doing something right. They're usually pleasing consumers, and figuring out how to please them better. Think of Wal-Mart 30 years ago or Amazon.com 10 years ago."
Companies discussed in this video include Nucor
Wal-Mart Stores is a Motley Fool Inside Value pick. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and Intuitive Surgical are Motley Fool Rule Breakers selections. Apple, Amazon.com, Nucor, and Titanium Metals are Motley Fool Stock Advisor recommendations. The Fool owns shares of Apple and Wal-Mart Stores. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. True to its name, The Motley Fool is made up of a motley assortment of writers and analysts, each with a unique perspective; sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree, but we all believe in the power of learning from each other through our Foolish community. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.