In this video, Motley Fool health care analyst Brenton Flynn talks about the the fiscal cliff's implications for Medicare and the broader health care sector. Hospitals are one of the biggest recipients of Medicare reimbursements, and the lack of clarity from the fiscal cliff seems to be having an impact on their capital investment decisions. In fact, recent commentary from a health care executive at General Electric (NYSE: GE) confirms those concerns. What will this mean for other companies selling their high-prices wares into hospitals? Follow along as Brenton discusses the specific implications for medical robotics stocks that also sell million dollar machines to hospitals such as MAKO Surgical (NASDAQ: MAKO) and Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG), among others.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/21/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- 2 Stocks That Could Grow Your Portfolio Over the Next Decade
- 3 Important Things to Know From Intuitive Surgical's Q3 Update
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Should Intuitive Surgical's Shareholders Worry About the Delta Variant?
- 3 No-Brainer Stocks to Invest $1,000 in Right Now