Anacor Pharmaceuticals (UNKNOWN:ANAC.DL) announced today that its onychomycosis drug tavaborole successfully met both its primary and secondary endpoints in its first phase 3 trial. Rather than celebrate this news, however, investors saw shares drop around 20% today. Why did this happen?Could the fall have something to do with a rival drug that Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:BHC) is seeking FDA approval for? In this video, health care analyst Max Macaluso breaks down this news.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
5 Years 51% 36%
17+ years 337% 93%
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 11/12/2019.Join Stock Advisor
- Why Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Stock Jumped 58.3% in May
- Pfizer's Buyout of Anacor Pharmaceuticals for $5.2 Billion Is a Bad Move -- Here's Why
- Here's What Pfizer's Telling Us About Biotech M&A
- Apple Inc. and Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc. Soar As Stocks Jump
- Is Pfizer's Buyout of Anacor Pharmaceuticals Enough to Move the Needle?