Investors in insurance company Humana (NYSE:HUM) got a nice boost to their shares when the company announced earnings, beating expectations by about 10%. The beat was largely due to the company managing operating costs this quarter, but investor enthusiasm was also driven by the company's strong guidance, particularly for the upcoming Q1. In this video, Motley Fool health care bureau chief Brenton Flynn takes a look forward with this company and others in this space to 2014 -- when the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate and insurance exchanges go into effect -- and tells investors what this will mean for them.
- Feb 4, 2013 at 5:31PM
- Health Care
- Humana Inc (HUM) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Humana Inc (HUM) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Humana Inc. (HUM) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- 3 Healthcare Stocks That Are Undeniably Dirt Cheap Right Now
- Here's How 3 Big Companies Are Betting on a Blockchain Future