Having declined 24% in the last month, it's safe to say that shares of 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) have taken a bit breather. In this video, Fool contributor Steve Heller talks to Alison Southwick about the situation and shares why he believes setting a long-term view is crucial when investing in high-growth companies like 3D Systems. In particular, he says, high-growth companies are often victims of unrealistic expectations, which can cause shares to swing violently from month to month. Ultimately, he believes 3D Systems is a winner for the patient and strong-stomached investor, given the growth prospects for the total 3-D printing industry in the years to come.
Covering GE and 3D printing at the intersection of business, investing, and what it means for the future of manufacturing. Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the ever-changing 3D printing and industrial landscape by clicking the button below. Follow @3DFool
- Mar 11, 2013 at 9:40PM
- 3D Systems vs. Stratasys: Which Had the Better 2018 Earnings Results?
- Why 3D Systems Stock Plunged 14% on Friday, After Rising 6% After Hours on Thursday
- Why Walgreens Boots Alliance, 3D Systems, and ImmunoGen Slumped Today
- Why 3D Systems Corporation's Shares Plunged 14% Today
- 3D Systems Caps Off 2018 With Solid 3D Printer Sales Growth