Investing in a mining company carries risk. In this video, Jim Mueller explains three reasons for selling Freeport-McMoRan. Freeport operates a large copper and gold mine in Indonesia and, if government sentiment toward foreign ownership of natural resources changes, Freeport could be in trouble. The European economy could affect copper demand and, lastly, Freeport's foray into the oil and gas business may not pan out.
Jim is a Senior Analyst for Stock Advisor, Motley Fool Options, and Supernova. He received the CFA charter in 2015.
- Mar 14, 2013 at 5:43PM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- Why Freeport-McMoRan Inc. Stock Rallied 10.8% in February
- Why Freeport-McMoRan, Diebold Nixdorf, and Unisys Jumped Today
- Why Freeport-McMoRan Stock Jumped Nearly 13% in January
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why Freeport-McMoRan, Briggs & Stratton, and Canada Goose Holdings Slumped Today