Investing in a mining company carries risk. In this video, Jim Mueller explains three reasons for selling Freeport-McMoRan. Freeport operates a large copper and gold mine in Indonesia and, if government sentiment toward foreign ownership of natural resources changes, Freeport could be in trouble. The European economy could affect copper demand and, lastly, Freeport's foray into the oil and gas business may not pan out.
Jim is a Senior Analyst for Stock Advisor, Motley Fool Options, and Supernova. He received the CFA charter in 2015.
- Mar 14, 2013 at 5:43PM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- The 10 Biggest Gold Mining Stocks
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX) Q2 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- Why Freeport-McMoRan, Coty, and Adaptive Biotechnologies Slumped Today
- Why Shares in MSC Industrial, Freeport, and Fastenal Fell Double Digits in May
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX) Q1 2019 Earnings Call Transcript