While investors and the public alike continually hear about the grand potential of 3-D printing at home, the mainstream argument leaves a lot to be desired. How will I ever be able to design a replacement door handle for my 1975 Ford Mustang with no computer-aided drafting skills? The answer to that question and the biggest key to 3-D printing for the average Joe is simple -- 3-D scanning. In the following video, Fool analysts Blake Bos and Isaac Pino discuss the current state of 3-D scanning and what 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD), Stratasys (NASDAQ:SSYS), and Makerbot are doing to be part of it.
Isaac has been been a Foolish investor for 10 years. He manages client portfolios at Huckleberry Capital Management, which involves (mostly) buying and (some) selling of stocks in their accounts. When he is not hunting for companies with wide economic moats, he is chasing his toddler around the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Mar 16, 2013 at 12:00PM
- 3D Systems vs. Stratasys: Which Had the Better 2018 Earnings Results?
- Why 3D Systems Stock Plunged 14% on Friday, After Rising 6% After Hours on Thursday
- Why Walgreens Boots Alliance, 3D Systems, and ImmunoGen Slumped Today
- Why 3D Systems Corporation's Shares Plunged 14% Today
- 3D Systems Caps Off 2018 With Solid 3D Printer Sales Growth