Financial services specialist Sun Life Financial (NYSE:SLF) announced yesterday its second-quarter dividend of $0.36 Canadian per share, the same rate it has paid since 2008. Sun Life has paid a dividend every quarter since 2000.
The board of directors said the quarterly dividend is payable on June 28 to the holders of record at the close of business on May 29.
Sun Life also announced it would pay quarterly dividends on its Class A non-cumulative preferred shares on June 28 to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 29. The various series of preferred stock and their payouts in Canadian dollars are as follows:
- Series 1- $0.296875 per share
- Series 2 - $0.30 per share
- Series 3 - $0.278125 per share
- Series 4 - $0.278125 per share
- Series 5 - $0.28125 per share
- Series 6R - $0.375 per share
- Series 8R - $0.271875 per share
- Series 10R - $0.24375 per share
- Series 12R - $0.26563 per share
The regular dividend payment equates to a $1.44 Canadian-per-share annual dividend yielding 4.9% based on the closing price of Sun Life Financial's stock on May 8.