News Corp. (NASDAQ:NWS) (NASDAQ:NWSA) announced yesterday that it's sold the Dow Jones Local Media Group to an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group (NYSE:FIG). The sale includes 33 publications -- 8 daily and 15 weekly newspapers.
The papers included in the sale are:
- Times Herald-Record (Middletown, N.Y.)
- Cape Cod Times (Hyannis, Mass.)
- The Record (Stockton, Calif.)
- The Standard-Times (New Bedford, Mass.)
- The Pocono Record (Stroudsburg, Pa.)
- The Herald (Portsmouth, N.H.)
- The Mail Tribune (Medford, Ore.)
- The Daily Tidings (Ashland, Ore.)
-- Material from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Fool contributor Chris Neiger has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.