Can Sony (NYSE:SNE) deliver games the way Netflix delivers videos? Will Syfy's medical thriller Helix heal recent ratings woes? Will enough people watch the pirates of Black Sails or the travails of a time-displaced nurse in Outlander to make Starz (NASDAQ:STRZA) stock pay off for investors? Ellen Bowman, Nathan Alderman, and Tim Beyers have these stories and the dish on the design (or lack thereof) for X-Men: Days of Future Past in this week's episode of 1-Up on Wall Street!
Tim Beyers first began writing for the Fool in 2003. Today, he's a full-time analyst for Motley Fool Rule Breakers and leads the Odyssey 2 portfolio for Motley Fool Supernova. He's also a regular on many of Tom Gardner's Discovery services, including the Partnership Portfolio and Moneymakers Portfolio. At Fool.com, he writes about the stocks he researches for members, which usually means diving into disruptive ideas in technology and entertainment. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 31, 2014 at 7:43PM
- Consumer Goods
- Starz Profits Slump as Subscriber Growth Accelerates
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Earnings: The Box Office Saves the Day
- Starz Posts Q2 Subscriber Revenue Gain Ahead of Its Merger With Lionsgate
- Starz and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. Are Really Merging This Time: What You Need to Know
- Why Starz, Schnitzer Steel Industries, and Shutterstock Jumped Today