Based on the aggregated intelligence of 170,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool's free investing community, oil and gas producer Cenovus Energy
With that in mind, let's take a closer look at Cenovus' business and see what CAPS investors are saying about the stock right now.
|Market Cap||$27.34 billion|
|Industry||Integrated oil and gas|
|Trailing-12-Month Revenue||$11.88 billion|
President/CEO Brian Ferguson
CFO Ivor Ruste
|Trailing-12-Month Return on Equity||8.2%|
|Cash/Debt||$733.5 million / $6.33 billion|
Canadian Natural Resources
Sources: Capital IQ (a division of Standard & Poor's) and Motley Fool CAPS.
On CAPS, 95% of the 93 members who have rated Cenovus believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 going forward. These bulls include All-Stars srkenne264 and CuriousDonkey, both of whom are ranked in the top 15% of our community.
They have brought each of their phases of Christina Lake and Foster Creek on line very close to on schedule and budget. They have good management and with the separation with [EnCana] -- a very focused strategy. Now with Shale gas keeping their main feedstock costs down they will be very profitable for the mid term.
Over the next five years, Cenovus is even expected to grow its bottom line at an attractive pace of 15% annually. That's faster than listed rivals Canadian Natural Resources (5%), Devon (10.3%), and Marathon Oil (13.4%).
Last November, CAPS All-Star CuriousDonkey listed several more of Cenovus' positives:
1. They have a 50/50 partnership with [ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP] to refine the oil they extract, providing them with negotiated rates on the NLG they use in their steam unit.
2. They are more than doubling their capacity in the next 3 years (projects already under way).
3. [T]his company has the wherewithal to profit even if [oil prices] shift south of profitable.
4. They have the lowest inline water use (the KPI used within the shale beds for performance) in the industry.
5. They own the most productive wells in Canada.
This company is poised to dominate the oil sands business and they already have strategic alliances in place to support growth.
What do you think about Cenovus, or any other stock for that matter? If you want to retire rich, you need to put together the best portfolio you can. Owning exceptional stocks is a surefire way to secure your financial future, and on Motley Fool CAPS, thousands of investors are working every day to find them. CAPS is 100% free, so get started!